• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
they can do that?

i would have thought jab was too fast/ended quickly enough that you wouldnt get rested.

lol sheik has it so bad vs puff.

<3 foxy woxy <3
Moves misses Puff and overlaps her body when it misses. Puff has frame 1 punish.

????????????????????????????????????

Obviously it's not that simple but seriously ?????????????????????????

Alternative is

Move hits crouching Puff and does zero stun because it's extremely weak. Move has about 10+ frames of lag. Move is then overlapping her body. Puff has frame 1 punish.

??????????????????????????????????????

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik doesn't suck you just have to pretend that Puff's duck is immune to ground moves or you'll be tempted to use them and the trade is extremely poor.

pockyD

Smash Legend
what would the pun be?

and i think jiggs can just shield => rest a dsmash; i know they can definitely at least shield => aerial

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If Jigglypuff absorbs a hit of the D-smash without being knocked over she can CC F-smash or jump and Rest you in the lag if she's good. In addition to just shielding it and punishing it OOS with guaranteed aerial and Rest depending on how many hits touch her shield and stuff.

Ministry

Smash Ace
downsmash is good near an edge when shes trying to get back on, if u space it right its a good killing move at higher percents

soap

Smash Hero
what's the point where fair stops autocancelling? really f-up's my l-cancelling

is the input for shino stall just down up+b down? sometimes i fly by the ledge on the way down.

what's the fastest option oos? nair?

for reverse needle cancel is it tap other direction hold b press shield? sometimes i dont stop charging.

does bair autocancel ever?

that's it for now. <3
for the fair. u can do it at about the top of the short hop and fastfall at the same time and have it autocancel and still smack medium sized char on the ground. (i use it on falco but not fox so much if thats any reference)

it is very useful i think. it helps u counter people who sidestep or roll around your fairs.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
ok so im getting outplayed by a falcon...and im unhappy about it. I was ftilting thru his appraoches and nairing and doing things all nice and gay. but the he found out how to space and now is beating me. he keeps punishing my ftilts HARD wheni miss. should i just play more defensive?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the only way he can be punishing ur ftilts is if you are whiffing them and he is dash dancing. you need to stop his dding with some needles or bait him out of it and ftilt then ;D

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
ok so im getting outplayed by a falcon...and im unhappy about it. I was ftilting thru his appraoches and nairing and doing things all nice and gay. but the he found out how to space and now is beating me. he keeps punishing my ftilts HARD wheni miss. should i just play more defensive?
needle him from the start and make him approach. even without the techchase it would probably be 65-35 because of how grossly sheiks tilts and nair out prioritizes his EVERYTHING.
if hes tricking you i would throw needles if hes on the ground.. or maybe even not. if i dont know what a falcon is trying to do i usually try to make them stop with flurries of needles

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I don't understand how you're supposed to beat a laser camping / dair loving Falco.

***** too hard on stage.

I also hate how Sheik is such a combo bag -_-

Spife

Smash Master
even though it's not applicable all the time, sh nair over lasers vs falco is a heck of a lot of fun.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
its a pretty good option oos if you think falco is going to approach after a laser. But i don't think it's really applicable otherwise

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Why not?

It stays out forever pretty much, if you don't FF it the move auto cancels. It spaces quite well.

I think it can be used a pretty good amount. Its kinda like bair's counterpart.

soap

Smash Hero
Why not?

It stays out forever pretty much, if you don't FF it the move auto cancels. It spaces quite well.

I think it can be used a pretty good amount. Its kinda like bair's counterpart.
u really know your moves.

if u hit falco with it make sure u space it out of CC shine territory

Ministry

Smash Ace
just crouch powersheild falcos dair aproaches and lasers

step 1 duck
step 2 let go of duck
step 3 click R
step 4 capitalize

i dont know why more sheiks dont do it its so easy

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I wanna talk theory with M2k so I can further my understanding of Sheik/Falco vs X character.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
nair is like the best move against falco
At nonlow percents, yes.

Falcos like to cc more than most characters imo.

Normal Falco mindset:

1) I like to downair
2) I really like to shine
3) ???
4) Profit

In conclusion, what Falcos think, if I use down moves then they'll make me profit.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
just crouch powersheild falcos dair aproaches and lasers

step 1 duck
step 2 let go of duck
step 3 click R
step 4 capitalize

i dont know why more sheiks dont do it its so easy
i dont get how this is applicable

even if you're PS'ing lasers from across the stages, the falco is just gonna keep shooting cuz its not a threat

and its not like you can approach and do this because the action of run->duck->letgo->sheild sounds janky as hell

Top Bottom