• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

JPOBS

Smash Hero
well you can and you cant.

it wouldnt be a "true" CC but you can input ASDI downwards during any animations/lag and at low percents, thats enough to give the "crouch cancel" effect but its not as good and breaks earlier than literally being in the crouch animation.

edit: that was meant for plank

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Plank - I dunno the exact mechanics or whatever.

I've done this to scar though and he literally just falls back down for me to tech chase him again. I thought it had to be CC because if he didn't he'd just pop up into a grab. *shrugs*

Cosmo - A JC upsmash for the tipper sounds plausible. Though I'm not 100% sure if its possible. You could hit with a strong nair or tilt into fair I suppose.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
I know at high% if they don't DI far away you can do utilt -> strong uair and it KOs off the top... does the utilt hit them if they DI fully behind? I suppose fair is the best option in they DI full forwards.... and I don't know when to use ftilt after a dthrow

this is for sheik vs sheik where chaingrabbing is allowed

JPOBS

Smash Hero
For arguments sake, lets say I can't tech-chase on reaction a spacey who techs in place then shines,

if you predict they are going to tech in place, is it more worthwhile to re-grab, or upsmash (or other option)? JPOBS is convinced that if he CC's the upsmash, he can always get away, but I think it gives you more damage with the same "tech-chase on reaction" possibilities.

So, upsmash or re-grab?
also the wording of this wuestion doesnt really make much sense.

you're saying "assuming i cant grab a tech in place, but i know he's going to tech in place, should i just upsmash him" in which case the obvious answer is yes :dizzy:

the bigger problem we were discussing was, if sheik (excusing player skill/limitations) has the ability to grab falco from a tech in place on reaction, then would that be better than upsmashing.

Because again, you'd have to know/guess that the falco was going to tech in place to upsmash because otherwise you blow your combo. Whereas, if it was actually possible to just grab the falco on reaction to a tech in place, then you should do that because it would allow you to actually hit me no matter what.

so the bigger question is CAN sheik grab falco tech in pace ON REACTION or is it impossible?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I know at high% if they don't DI far away you can do utilt -> strong uair and it KOs off the top... does the utilt hit them if they DI fully behind? I suppose fair is the best option in they DI full forwards.... and I don't know when to use ftilt after a dthrow

this is for sheik vs sheik where chaingrabbing is allowed
Don't ftilt if they DI fully away. It might put them outta range for fair. If they do any other DI I the follow up fair will hit regardless.

I mean assuming you're doing this directly after chaingrabbing I'm not sure if uptilt upair will kill (Doesn't it stop around like 70?)

But its worth a shot. I think the best idea if to somehow throw sheik off stage and just hit then **** them.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I wanna know what's the best DI to get out of the chaingrab and the percents for each one. :(

It's either no di or slight behind.

Edit: In sheik dittos

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Believe it *****.

Don't be sayin that **** and be ****in your grammar up.

****en Fox mains.

Spawn - I thought the best was no DI? Though I'm quite curious myself.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Anyone who is hip would be able to understand me noob.

so sheik is **** in teams.

Ministry

Smash Ace
so the bigger question is CAN sheik grab falco tech in pace ON REACTION or is it impossible?
you can react to any tech or non tech a spacy does on reaction, its just about listening to the sounds and looking for the animation

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Spawn - I thought the best was no DI? Though I'm quite curious myself.[/COLOR]
I mean, usually people **** up turning around when chaingrabbing and don't do it frame perfect since everyone just expects you to full di away.

So eventually (once I'm out of school and have free time over the summer) what I'll do once I get my Action Replay is:

-Make a video on how to do the upb cancel on ledges

-Find out each percent when Sheik can get out of her chaingrab with slight di behind and finding out if they do it perfectly or they mess up by 1 frame, 2 frames, etc. I want to know when to hit the jump button to get out of it too.

-Learn to play as Falco pretty much perfectly. I'm going to probably just put the computer as having infinite armor and then practice my mix-ups since my shield pressure aside from lasers is kind of lacking.

-Insert some other random thought that I wanted to know but just forgot because I am supposed to be in school but haven't left yet so I'm rushing this post LOL.

Spife

Smash Master
Spawn, I teeter cancled an up-b and I think I edge canceled one, (but I might have been pushed off) this weekend) :3

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
thats not true

i wish she was impossible to grab

if she was impossible to grab id at least lose the temptation to grab and lose my stock.

however, she is possible to grab, its just only like 50% of the time.

and then 50% of the time u die

how2smashbrothers

Smash Apprentice
what's the point where fair stops autocancelling? really f-up's my l-cancelling

is the input for shino stall just down up+b down? sometimes i fly by the ledge on the way down.

what's the fastest option oos? nair?

for reverse needle cancel is it tap other direction hold b press shield? sometimes i dont stop charging.

does bair autocancel ever?

that's it for now. <3

Kaffei

Smash Hero

is the input for shino stall just down up+b down? sometimes i fly by the ledge on the way down.

for reverse needle cancel is it tap other direction hold b press shield? sometimes i dont stop charging.

that's it for now. <3
Who cares about auto canceling just L cancel everything.
For shino stall I just hold SLIGHTLY to the left or right depending on what side of the stage I'm on, this makes me fall off and then I immediately up b, and tilt the control stick on to edge.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Auto canceling is quite good depending on when or what you use it on.

Not only that its helpful to know when it causes it so you don't accidentally shield every time.

I honestly dunno the frame data thing so *shrugs*

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

that's it for now. <3
Getting to your other questions...

Shino stall can be done with either down/up or you can use back to give yourself more air time?

I dunno the answer to the frame questions =(

Yes reverse needle is that, if you use Z it might be why (Not positive) but yea you have the gist of it.

Bair probably autocancels but dunno to frame stuff.

Top Bottom