• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Kira-

Smash Champion
1 test in AR, it works at 83% (after throw dmg) but stops sometime between 85% and 95%

with no DI
what about DI-ing behind them? How long does it take to turn around grab? (assuming it's done frame perfectly of course)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
1 extra frame, but i'm too lazy to retest it because its 5am. Maybe if a lot of people are curious and ask me to test it i'll do it tomorrow.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm curious!!! That 1 extra frame could mean a good amount more damage out!!!!

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
if they sheik you're playing against is a scrub when you get to like 85 you can just nair them after the dthrow with no di

and then capitalize!

pockyD

Smash Legend
if they don't DI you get the sweetspot usmash

if they DI away, you get a regrab

the DI away regrab goes to something ridiculous like 130+ or something iirc (although you lose the sweetspot usmash before then)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Depending on the stage would it need to be a tippered U smash or just a slightly charged one? And with DI, wouldn't they live on stages such as FoD and dreamland meaning the hit off stage is more likely to rack up damage or kill?
Sheik sweetspot U-smash is stronger than Fox's so if you hit it at like 85 it's basically guaranteed KO barring Dreamland, fast fallers, and dumb levels.

You would need sweetspot U-smash because the non-sweetspot U-smash blows and is horrible.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
anyone else feel that stage striking just bones marth against sheik? just clip off yoshis and fod and hes toast
second how should i respond to multi shines from falco against my shield?

Kira-

Smash Champion
ban yoshi's and FD and marth is toast

falcon you dont need to ban anything because you beat him on every stage as pocky said

also you can just grab/nair after the falco has eventually messed up his multishine

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I hate Falcon. I wish my techchasing was better lol.

The Mighty Kiwi

Smash Cadet
I've been maining Falcon for a while now with a secondary of Sheik. I'm propably equally skilled with both of them.

Do you guys think I should switch to maining Sheik?

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
lemme revamp this thread..
so how many frames will it take (starting from say a running 'stance'') to go from facing an opponent to a fullhopped, needle cancelled, turned, back air to uh... foxes face?
also do people still mess with opponents recoveries with needles? i never see that anymore for some reason, just aerial guards and throwing them back off again

soap

Smash Hero
lemme revamp this thread..
so how many frames will it take (starting from say a running 'stance'') to go from facing an opponent to a fullhopped, needle cancelled, turned, back air to uh... foxes face?
too many...

why fullhop? is her shorthop not high enough for you?

and who cares how many exact frames it is. it should'nt take any longer than a normal shffl bair assuming u needle turn on the way up. frames are not relevant in this situation.

a useful frame question is like, how big is the window between perfect spaced dtilt tips on shield.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
what about the needles bit? ill shoot em if they are coming in straight, and if they are at the right lower angle ill do a falling fair (next to bair->fair thats my favorite kill to do ^.^), but what about other low angles?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

Teczero uses needles vs spacies when they try to illusion or sweetspot from uphigh with firefox

its really annoying.

xbombr

Smash Ace
I use needles in my spacie edgegaurds and against Falcon kick/Wizards foot recoveries. If I can't get in position quick enough, I'll use them against Marth.

Generally aerials are more rewarding since they work against more characters and are almost always the end of a stock.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah teczero does it so that they have to recover low, then ***** your face wiht bairs and nairs.

its gay

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Question: When using needles on stage against ppl to get grabs off would i jump>fastfall>needle
or just jump>charge needles>release when close to ground. i cant tell whats best.

Top Bottom