• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i didnt know you could fast fall an dstill get the needle out to the point wehre its helpful

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Fast falling it is really useful.

I usually use it outta my double jump when I get hit. Its a really good counterattack.

I suggest using it out of your double jump. Personally I never tried to do it out of my SH but if you can I guess its worth a shot.

soap

Smash Hero
Fast falling it is really useful.

I usually use it outta my double jump when I get hit. Its a really good counterattack.

I suggest using it out of your double jump. Personally I never tried to do it out of my SH but if you can I guess its worth a shot.
good **** tec, i didn't know other sheik players used this.

it is the most useful out of double jumps, or when u short hop off of a platform.

there are so many tricksies with ff needles that i can't list them all rite now. get creative peeps

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
if u sh ff needle u will shoot a grounded horizontal needle

which is actually very useful in a different way
i know htats why i was confused about what he was talkign about since he was talking about getting grabs from it

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
I use needles in my spacie edgegaurds and against Falcon kick/Wizards foot recoveries. If I can't get in position quick enough, I'll use them against Marth.
\
lol what? those are always aerial edgeguards, except like 4% of the time vs marth. slap falcon and gannon in the face and tell them theyre doing it wrong

im really only referring to fox and falco, where being hit with needles drastically effects their recovery (but will still have a shot at getting back unlike samus or w.e)

xbombr

Smash Ace
You've never thrown a horizontal needle out to screw up Ganon's recovery when he's parallel to the stage?

****'s **** to take his DJ with.

You can force them down below the stage and just hog the ledge, it's really easy if they're far enough away and takes out the possible error from jumping out after them.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Needles are amazing vs Ganon recovery. Slap is obviously good but needles are also extremely good. My favourite gimp in the whole game vs Ganon is, on FD, you B-throw him at 0 and then needle him, grab the edge, and then let him recover onstage because then he's at 10% so the CG starts working and then I CG from 10-death.

Alright so it's not really a gimp but it still works.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
You've never thrown a horizontal needle out to screw up Ganon's recovery when he's parallel to the stage?

****'s **** to take his DJ with.

You can force them down below the stage and just hog the ledge, it's really easy if they're far enough away and takes out the possible error from jumping out after them.
nah because at that angle they are forced to recover into my fair. when they get close to the stage do a falling fair (like a dash attack but press a after u leave the legde) and i believe both of those guys cant return after like 50 or something if that happens

i will do it to marth but thats a rare scenario where he is horizontal to me (edit: far from the ledge i mean)... they might be dead anyways out there, but i like tormenting marths so ill never know ^.^

xbombr

Smash Ace
You can't runoff Fair him from the distance I'm talking about.

I'm talking like Falcon kick or Wizard's foot recovery on DL or BF. They're far enough away where you can still use your aerials, but if you manage to needle them they're either forced to UB immediately or try their kick again (this outright kills Falcon 99% of the time and will kill Ganon 90% of the time.). Even if they do survive after being hit by a needle, you've limited them to recovering from the 100% predictable, lowest possible distance.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Basically, it's generally standard strat to rob Ganon/Falcon's jump via needles when they're too far to be hit by aerials by hitting them out of their Down+B recovery, then hit them a bunch of times (if necessary).

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol thanks ^_~

Once upon a time I was super serious about secondarying Fox and using him to avoid Sheik dittos and fight Jigglypuff and Ice Climbers on some stages that I dislike with Sheik (Pokemon Stadium and FD, basically). But then I decided to just play Sheik solo after the first RoM.

It's hard to play Fox. Unknown tells me I have the right idea most of the time but I'm too slow with execution or reaction so then I miss the DD grab. Adjusting to such a small grab range is difficult.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lol i second peach and fox but as far as my fox goes its mainly mm's and sometimes doubles. I only feel the reason my fox seems to do ok vs other people is that the fact i play campy an play smart in some sitiauations.

When i was watching you you seem to have the tech skill just slow with it(on the sheld pressuring)but i mean like if you were just a lil faster(i mean a lil) you would have been alright. It was good none the less.

this is the sheik board so ya about sheik whats tis bull **** about sheik beating falco. I have seen some falco's strating to agree with it.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I think after taking Amsah's example its easier than I previously thought anyway but I still think its slightly in Falco's favor really.

Dave I think your Fox was okay.. *shrugs* you beat me with fox :urg:

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
how do you guys deal with IC's? I know you're supposed to needle camp on platforms but that's just way too boring for me...=/

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
well ok if they are close to the edge i throw needles, but if they are far off ill either bair them to death from the ledge, go out and nair them (not vs ganon only falcon) and if they are recovering low i do a falling slap.
on marth if i have a low percent ill cc a dsmash as they recover and not do the needles, that seems to work great and hits them further out

lol nica, i like my fox to. hes strictly a byproduct of my sheiks technical skill (lol right?). lulz at waveshine to upsmash. zelgadis edgeguards are funny too. dunno maybe im just getting better

edit: yea use peach... even if its worse than your sheik (as long as its not garbage) you should have an easier time. also marth right? but peach isnt too skill intensive. moar dsmash

xbombr

Smash Ace
how do you guys deal with IC's? I know you're supposed to needle camp on platforms but that's just way too boring for me...=/
Step 1: Ban FD
Step 2: Lose anyway
Step 3: Change to a different character (Usually Peach if you don't have any secondaries good vs. IC's)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
hmm, i don't think the matchup is that bad. they both do nasty things to each other. sheik has a great fair, dsmash, and incrediblie tilts. as with most matchups, ic's grabs are really their only **** tactic other than wave-dsmashing, but that only works if the opponent is on the ground. any aerial can beat their dsmash from above(not counting CC)

also, sheik vs falco has to be even. can we agree on this ? and does anyone ever know if sheik's ftilt beats falco's dair? i can't tell

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Imo, falco and sheik is pretty even. I've been playing against sheik as falco a lot lately, and it seems even.

EDIT: but sometimes, it feels as though falco has more of a slight advantage.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i feel like the sheik has to have amazing reaction time in order to even up the matchup. the falco need not be as fast i think

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
tell me everything you know about what you do after you've chaingrabbed a sheik in a ditto up to high%. how do you finish it in most cases?

sauc3

Smash Lord
For arguments sake, lets say I can't tech-chase on reaction a spacey who techs in place then shines,

if you predict they are going to tech in place, is it more worthwhile to re-grab, or upsmash (or other option)? JPOBS is convinced that if he CC's the upsmash, he can always get away, but I think it gives you more damage with the same "tech-chase on reaction" possibilities.

So, upsmash or re-grab?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
tell me everything you know about what you do after you've chaingrabbed a sheik in a ditto up to high%. how do you finish it in most cases?
Fair then edgeguard....

Well thats all I can come up with.

For arguments sake, lets say I can't tech-chase on reaction a spacey who techs in place then shines,

if you predict they are going to tech in place, is it more worthwhile to re-grab, or upsmash (or other option)? JPOBS is convinced that if he CC's the upsmash, he can always get away, but I think it gives you more damage with the same "tech-chase on reaction" possibilities.

So, upsmash or re-grab?
Upsmash imo. It tacks on more damage not only that if they CC it they fall over so you get to tech chase them again.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero

So, upsmash or re-grab?
cant CC if youre still in lag from ur tech i think.
if they DI your throw behind at high% in sheik ditto do you just upsmash? or turnaround and fair? or uair? or what
So many questions need answering ...

Where's KirbyKaze when you need him?

Top Bottom