• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Secondaries for Peach] Currently Discussing: Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Wait, I forgot we covered DK at the beginning LOL. Nevermind. How about the other DK (Diddy Kong)?

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
even though peach is slow on the ground her glide-tossing, float helps her out tremendously. wouldn't the fact that certain actions like holding a turnip and or mixing up short hops and floats heights threaten people and put them on the defensive so getting around the stage would be much easier for peach than for ike. =o
Many apologies for getting back REALLY late. I haven't been on in a while. But I know that. She has a terrible time on ground movement though and even though she can approach well , her forward ariel is slooow... She would need to RAR to be able to approach without a turnip and thats the problem with Ike as well.. Again, sorry about the REALLY late reply.:lick:

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
I find the fact that you're currently (or were) discussing Luigi as a secondary very funny since I use Luigi/Peach for the most part. Sure, it doesn't cover up any real disadvantages, but I really like the play style of both of them. That's probably due to my like of using aerials, so it's great that both of them are good at it.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
As one of MK's only arguably neutral/near-neutral matchups, Diddy will help out there. I don't know how he does against Snake...Falco will remain a problem, unfortunately. I think Diddy does better against G&W than Peach, but it's still not his advantage.

Diddy seems to help Peach in most respects, but not enough to give advantageous matchups. It'll give you a better, but still disadvantaged matchup on G&W, an even matchup with Marth (IIRC), a closer matchup with MK...but he'll be useless against Snake and Falco.

Useful, especially if you simply cannot deal with G&W/Marth/MK with Peach. But not spectacular.

Villi

Smash Lord
I think Diddy is a fun character to be. He is a cute little monkey and fights with peanuts and banana peels.

That is all.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
lulz.

I was afraid that in my absence, there would be almost too much information for me to fill out, but no...

Bump.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I've been ussing diddy in a lot of friendlies and last tourney i used him in match 2 if i was able to get a two stock in the first match. He's sooooooooo fun and while he doesn't take care of peach's bad matchups he does better than she does. and diddy is good against snake..

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Personally I don't like Link...His position in the tier list speaks for himself. Has even more trouble recovering than Peach does, less versatile projectile (bomb) due to lack of glide toss, above average projectile (boomerang), his good aerials are laggy as hell. Bleh...

I need:
1. A number rating
2. MORE INFO!!! :colorful:

Thanks.
Can't do it yourself? >__>

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I wouldn't say he has less versatile projectiles - he has three of them and you can also pull a bomb out when you're in the air, something you can't do with a Turnip
Unfortunetly, it's easy to forget that when you've been playing Peach for so long :(

I honestly can't see why you'd use Link as a secondary. I can't think of any match ups he does better in than Peach. Infact, I'd say he does worse in probably all except a few match ups. Very very bad recovery is what lets Link down sadly

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
We shouldn't play Link as a secondary

cause he's like...serious business :p

Nah, I honestly like Link. He's a good character on the ground and a bit good in the air. It's only when he's off the stage that he gets owned.

There's a lot of tricks that you can do with Link. One of things he can do, Peach can do the same thing. He can charge a Fsmash while holding a Bomb. Other characters can do the same thing as long as they hold an item, but this may work well with Peach when she holds a turnip. Nice mindgames. I like to use it sometimes.

Link would be good in teams as long as he has a good character to help him with recovery, like Peach.

If you check the Izaw vid, you would see just how good he really is.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah.....Link....umm.....well erm.....you would probably be best to not even bother. Toon Link would be a better choice .

On a side note, I think fox's learning curve is actually pretty high. Yes, you can learn to play him basically after a few days, but to know what your doing, I would say 1-2 weeks,

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Poor Link

but this is a possible tourney viable character discussion, Link is a no no

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It didn't disappear, it auto-destructed due to bad matchup overload lololol

jk

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm going to go with no since the Link Match up thread on their board has magically disappeared...either that or I'm blind O.o
It was taken off of sticky. Nintenjoe is now handling the matchup. He has some fair/good matchup. Also, there is a thing called DI. If anything, it'll make you last longer >>

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I told you to start powershielding your bro dammit. Short hop air dodge, dair the arrows, c'mon <_<;

it's not hard.

edit: oh, and lets just discuss y'kno, good characters like pit, zss, D3, etc. >_<;

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
edit: oh, and lets just discuss y'kno, good characters like pit, zss, D3, etc. >_<;
There's a pattern in the way I'm doing these. There's no preference in this order.

I think we might get to Snake soon though.

Now discussing another bottom tier.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Link

The only characters I'd consider nonviable for a tournament. I really haven't seen anything potentially good about them.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I told you to start powershielding your bro dammit. Short hop air dodge, dair the arrows, c'mon <_<;

it's not hard.

Good Character Season is right around the corner after this Ganon discussion.

Next Characters in Line:

:zerosuitsamus:
:rob:
:dedede:
:falco:
:pikachu2:

O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom