• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Secondaries for Peach] Currently Discussing: Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I think you guys misunderstand.

I'm gonna look at my main and current secondaries, read this thread, and see what you guys have put down for my characters and then see who I stand a better chance against if I combine them with Peach.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I think you guys misunderstand.

I'm gonna look at my main and current secondaries, read this thread, and see what you guys have put down for my characters and then see who I stand a better chance against if I combine them with Peach.
Sorry, you weren't specific enough for us to understand. But please do learn from this thread.

M@v

Subarashii!
Snake's not that bad for Peach once you learn the matchup and the right playstyle. There's a running joke about me being a Snake Raper in WA- I do really good against Snakes even above of my skill level.
Not nearly as bad as G&W or Falco (when he camps).

Hmm :/ Peach already beats Pit and goes even or slight advantage with Dedede, and totally ***** Olimar. Plus, she beats ROB and Diddy... and Snake isn't that horrible.

Seeing too much overlap. Question; how does Fox do against G&W?
We have it as 3:7 G&W's advantage right now, but its probably more along the lines of 4:6 g&w. Foxs upsmash owns him, but fox has no response for the turtle. Plus, fox can't camp thanks to G&W's bucket.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
We have it as 3:7 G&W's advantage right now, but its probably more along the lines of 4:6 g&w. Foxs upsmash owns him, but fox has no response for the turtle. Plus, fox can't camp thanks to G&W's bucket.
Dang. I honestly think G&W's tougher for Peach than MK, haha. Peach has very limited responses to turtle as well, can't combo him well, and has no consistent kill moves on him (usmash never lands, fair will go stale as you try to keep him away).

Nsuln

Smash Rookie
G&w

I don't think that fox fits very well for a second. I'm thinking more of G&W. The spacing feels right, his moves come out fast, plus you can always hope for 9s or get a bucket.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
2/5

Captain falcon's game as a character is a bit different from Peach, including speed, power, technique, and the ability to adapt. Peach player harbor a sense of patience in gameplay, while Cpt. Falcon, I find it much more agressive in flurries than her. I imagine it might be a good mix up if you can learn it, but Cpt. Falcon has poor match-up, so I think it isn't the brightest idea.

Then again, I secondary Ice-Climbers, and the people here seem to disagree with such a secondary choice.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
-5/5 C.Falcon
No explanation necessary lol

Captain Falcon is like the complete opposite to Peach...opposite in the bad way.
Everything Peach has, C.Falcon lacks; everything C.Falcon needs, Peach already has!!

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Peach doesn't show the nips like CF does. Slhut Peach could learn from his example. Dignified princess-like Peaches can go play Martha.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
2/5

Captain falcon's game as a character is a bit different from Peach, including speed, power, technique, and the ability to adapt. Peach player harbor a sense of patience in gameplay, while Cpt. Falcon, I find it much more agressive in flurries than her. I imagine it might be a good mix up if you can learn it, but Cpt. Falcon has poor match-up, so I think it isn't the brightest idea.

Then again, I secondary Ice-Climbers, and the people here seem to disagree with such a secondary choice.
Ice Climbers would seem a very good secondary choice for anyone actually...eliminates the Dedede problem most of the cast have at least :D

Paff

Smash Journeyman
5/5. Captain Falcon is the manliest secondary a Peach mainer can have. Furthermore, if you counterpick Captain Falcon against an opponent and manage to win the set, the prestige you will gain is not to be underestimated.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Just dropping by with some potentially useful information. I borrowed this from Mr. Fatman On Ice. ;)

♥Here are his opinions on character learning curves. He plays most of the cast equally so I'm pretty sure it's reliable, and I agree with most of this stuff too! ;)

♥Peach mainers who want to pick up a secondary may also want to know the average size of the character's learning curve so I'm positive this list can come in handy. Feel free to discuss any changes to the list! ;)

Very large learning curve (at least a month): Yoshi, Shiek, Zero Suit Samus, Ice Climbers, Snake, Sonic

Above average learning curve (2-3 weeks): Peach, Bowser, Diddy Kong, Wario, Ganondorf, Samus, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario

Average learning curve (1-2 weeks) : Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, King Dedede, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Ike, Ness

Below average learning curve (5 days to a week): Zelda, Toon Link, ROB, Fox, Falco, Marth, Lucas

Very small learning curve (2-3 days): Pit, Metaknight, Wolf, Mr. Game and Watch

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
^I like that

I like how they are grouped...it makes sense, but I do not agree on the amount of time they require, 2-3 days to learn a character? I don't think so...

Paff

Smash Journeyman
I concur that 2-3 days is an insanely short time to learn a character, unless this is just learning the basics of the character.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I learned Metaknight in 50 minutes and took him to tournament the next day. And did fine. No lie.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Obviously, this was his opinion and everyone knows peoples' opinions will always vary. ;)

♥Either way, I suggest adding it (or at least some variation) to the first post. ;)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Watch a bunch of videos of Dojo and Mew2King first.
Then go play 30 minutes with a friend. Rewatch the videos. 20 more minutes. Watch a few more videos.
You should be ready.

I used him in doubles when we got creamed by an MK-Pit team. We lost to them 2-0, went to losers bracket, went up against them in losers finals again, lost the first round...then I switched from Peach to MK, and we creamed them for the next three matches and won the set.

Then when the best player in the state two-stocked my Peach with his Marth, I went MK and took him to last stock, despite having ZERO matchup knowledge of MK vs Marth and under an hour's practice with the character.

MK vs Marth is really dumb.

Etherlight

Smash Apprentice
I knew MK didn't take too much effort to learn but hell, that's pretty scary if he's able to **** so much with such a small amount of practice.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I remember when i was a total noob at brawl (like 2-3 weeks having the game) a few months ago playing Fatmanonice in the friend finder. He really did use every character in the game and destroyed me Lol. <_<;

personally i think marth's learning curve is way higher b/c average marths just get ***** a lot.

i think pika/link and maybe oli's learning curve is higher than that though, especially coz of QAC, link's technical trickies, and oli..idk but it just seems like there's a lot of information about his pikmin to learn coz of how it affects different attacks, elements, etc.

@_@

Villi

Smash Lord
There's not much to know about Olimar's Pikmin from the other side except for better predicting what Olimar will do depending on which Pikmin is/are coming up.

Red Pikmin have the strongest aerials. They'll probably be thrown or repositioned if you're not in aerial range.

Yellow Pikmin have the biggest hitboxes and priority so watch out.

Blue Pikmin have long grab range and strong back and forward throws. Nothing special you can do except have good DI if you get grabbed.

Purple Pikmin... It's kind of difficult to guess what someone wants to do with them. Usually, they go for smash attacks because they're powerful. If it's second in line, they might turn around and use a down smash so they don't have to waste time switching and it's a fast attack. If you get grabbed by a purple Pikmin (lolwhut?), DI horizontaly cuz he'll do an up throw. I just play defensively until it's gone.

White Pikmin he'll likely throw if you're not in grab range. They have the fastest grab, long range, and strong grab pummels, so he'll wanna grab you with them.

Order of Pikmin after a whistle is red, yellow, blue, white, purple. Usually I just count how many attacks (count 2 for dsmash) he needs to do before the white or purple one arrives. If he has a favorite Pikmin not white or purple, like if he's partial to yellow for priority I'll watch out for that too. If he whistles and throws Pikmin away, try to figure out which Pikmin he seems to like. Olimar is fun. ^-^ I think I might learn him.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
There's not much to know about Olimar's Pikmin from the other side except for better predicting what Olimar will do depending on which Pikmin is/are coming up.

Red Pikmin have the strongest aerials. They'll probably be thrown or repositioned if you're not in aerial range.

Yellow Pikmin have the biggest hitboxes and priority so watch out.

Blue Pikmin have long grab range and strong back and forward throws. Nothing special you can do except have good DI if you get grabbed.

Purple Pikmin... It's kind of difficult to guess what someone wants to do with them. Usually, they go for smash attacks because they're powerful. If it's second in line, they might turn around and use a down smash so they don't have to waste time switching and it's a fast attack. If you get grabbed by a purple Pikmin (lolwhut?), DI horizontaly cuz he'll do an up throw. I just play defensively until it's gone.

White Pikmin he'll likely throw if you're not in grab range. They have the fastest grab, long range, and strong grab pummels, so he'll wanna grab you with them.

Order of Pikmin after a whistle is red, yellow, blue, white, purple. Usually I just count how many attacks (count 2 for dsmash) he needs to do before the white or purple one arrives. If he has a favorite Pikmin not white or purple, like if he's partial to yellow for priority I'll watch out for that too. If he whistles and throws Pikmin away, try to figure out which Pikmin he seems to like. Olimar is fun. ^-^ I think I might learn him.
Duuuuude. I had no idea about all that stuff. I think I might learn him too just b/c I don't wanna embarrass peachie by losing to one coz of misinformation. <_< ty ty

Iwan

Smash Ace
If we are being honest here, Captain Falcon probably doesn't even deserve at 1. The poor autocancelling of his Fair and Dair will mess you up...and then there's the fact that he isn't that good :/
That's not true. He deserves a 2.

His autocancel isn't poor at all, in fact it speeds up his dair quite nicely. Having played a pretty big role in developing falcon's metagame early on (along with other members of the falcon board), I would definitely agree that he is indeed a bad character.

But like any other character in this game, playing with him the right way can make him dangerous. Of course, falcon is at an instant disadvantage instantly when the match starts, so playing as someone else suggested earlier (in aggressive flurries) is a good way to play with him. Not being "aggressive" in general; literally playing extremely cautious, and then when there's an opening or a mistake, going in for an aggressive flurry. Obviously though, you can't play him super aggressive. He lacks priority and range, so capitalizing and being patient is key to winning with falcon.

He's my third character, and sometimes I don't even approach; I stand there and wait, spamming Down Taunt.

Down Taunt is without question Falcon's best approach.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Him being at the bottom of the tier list is a direct NO

Sure, we can discuss why he ISN'T a good choice, but if you plan to have a secondary, just go with the Top/high tiers....

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
That's not true. He deserves a 2.

His autocancel isn't poor at all, in fact it speeds up his dair quite nicely. Having played a pretty big role in developing falcon's metagame early on (along with other members of the falcon board), I would definitely agree that he is indeed a bad character.

But like any other character in this game, playing with him the right way can make him dangerous. Of course, falcon is at an instant disadvantage instantly when the match starts, so playing as someone else suggested earlier (in aggressive flurries) is a good way to play with him. Not being "aggressive" in general; literally playing extremely cautious, and then when there's an opening or a mistake, going in for an aggressive flurry. Obviously though, you can't play him super aggressive. He lacks priority and range, so capitalizing and being patient is key to winning with falcon.

He's my third character, and sometimes I don't even approach; I stand there and wait, spamming Down Taunt.

Down Taunt is without question Falcon's best approach.
Ah, I should have been a bit more specific. His autocancelling is poor compared to Peachs. His Bair/Nair has good autocancelling (I/friends in the group I'm in often play Falcon) but his Fair/Dair when SH'd has noticable landing lag, unlike Peachs aerials. Combine that with no projectile, bad recovery, poor priority and the fact that he doesn't do well vs any of Peachs harder match ups (or easier match ups) simply means imo that he doesn't deserve a 2. At least Mario does well against ROB who also got a 2

Snakeee

Smash Master
Use ZSS :). I believe she's good at the match ups Peach has trouble with. On the other side, Peach seems to cover a couple of match ups I have trouble with as ZSS so I'm considering using Peach again in tourney.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
The high risk, high return thing that Lucario has going for him is a general opposite to Peach since she's gone at higher percentages. It'll take some getting use to, but the match-up is fair enough to add as a secondary.

3.4/5

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
luc shud be fine since he's better at fighting mk/snake/maybe marth than peach is. idk how game and watch. the thing about luc is the learning curve though but w/e that'll take care of itself if you keep playing w/ him i guess.

Villi

Smash Lord
Ew Lucario. What matches do ZSS do well in that Peach doesn't? Does she do well against Wolf and G&W cuz I hate those matchups (Wolf the most) with my mains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom