• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Secondaries for Peach] Currently Discussing: Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Praxis, Peach doesn't **** Rob. More like an even match up. I always seen rob with a slight adv but whatever.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
What Razmakazi said. He's got similar frustrating matchups- MK, Marth, GDubs. He's great if you have Snake problems, but Peach can handle Snake if you develop the right style pretty well (granted, same thing goes for Marth).

3/5 or 2/5...at least he covers one bad matchup.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
no help in the match ups really.

but Wario's aerial based game might lend better to some peach players, his d-air racks the damage and is good for combos (sound familiar??)

I think 3/5 or maybe 3.5/5 for playstyle similarities

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
Well, the obvious things would be that Sheik is far faster with faster attacks but seems to have even more trouble killing than Peach does, and has no reflector/counter. Sheik also seems to recover better, at least from below the stage as she gets far more distance from jumps.

I don't really use Sheik a lot though, mainly Zelda.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Sheik...has even more problems killing than Peach, and probably more (or the same) bad match-ups than her. Personally I wouldn't choose her, but having Zelda in her DownB is great for a quick kill after racking damage with Sheik, especially since Zelda's moves are fresh after tranforming, making killing not a problem, but transforming is risky.
Racking damage is a thing Peach doesn't have problems with, though.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik is faster, weaker, has generally longer range and lesser priority, no float, and the option of Transforming for a lot more KO power.

Her matchups are like, comparable to Peach's, with a few differences here and there (like doing better against some heavies due to her Transform, and losing to Peach).

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
Sounds about right.

Zelda generally would be a far better idea IMO because the increased KO power would help a lot more than being able to rack damage even faster than you normally can.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anything that Sheik ftilts well is a match where you should be using Sheik and not Peach.

Unless you're one of those sillies that doesn't like efficiency for some reason.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Samus, no...lol. Unless she has a sweet advantage over a top tier that I'm not aware of?

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Peach is TRASH (against Samus)
Olimar is TRASH (against Samus)
Metaknight is TRASH (against Samus)
Toon Link is TRASH (against Samus)

Look familiar? Some Samus would go all over the character boards and post these for bragging purposes.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I wouldn't bother paying attention to those threads...

I can't see Samus being a good secondary. I suppose she has a slew of projectiles, a spike and that irritating Zair but...I can't think of any matche ups where she'd excel over Peach

Sheik vs Wolf is horrible, horrible **** btw from what I've heard

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Samus has problems with KOing, Peach is bad enough at that >_< I don't know, I have yet to see a very good Samus. I can't believe I didn't notice this thread before, I didn't get to discuss Mario and Sheik, two of my favorite characters -.- I'll be here when it's Kirby/Dedede/Jigglypuff/Sonic's turn. And maybe Fox, I'm starting to like him a lot.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
They're quick and strong, and you can always chaingrab... I'd say they would be a decent secondary. I don't really know about their match ups, though.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
If I were the Ice Climbers, I'd refuse to work with Peach after how they got on with her in the last game ;)

Ice Climbers...the only thing that immediatly springs to my mind is infinite chaingrabs on (I think) all the cast. I've heard it takes quite some time to learn

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
If you master all the infinites and chain grab trickies i don't see how ice climbers would be a bad secondary coz no matter who you use those kiddies are always a little scary to see as your opponents. @_@

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I dunno how important this is, but I was thinking...if you secondary Ice Climbers, you would counterpick Green Greens against someone who mains or secondaries Dedede without having to worry about being infinited- and you could grab-release infinite him against the walls in return.

(Note that IC's are Dedede's worst matchup)

Basically, my idea is that if you CP Green Greens, your opponent will immediately choose Dedede and snicker at you thinking he's going to infinite you, then you go IC's and watch his facial expression change dramatically.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Everyone here should second MK.
I'm going to second MK now actually xD

If MK doesn't get banned, great. If you WANT him banned, picking him up as a second and showing how he's "too good" to the locals is the best way to do it. And it eliminates all of your bad matchups.

M@v

Subarashii!
Fox player here. I don't really see how similar fox is to peach, he is the fastest faller...but the best way to see is by looking to see if fox counters peaches bad matchups. I only play the princess one in a while, so I don't know her matchups very well.

Fox pros
Combo master
Useful ATs
Fast
Has the WTF upsmash
Has some decent top tier matchups(even with snake,DDD, and R.O.B)
Projectile good for forcing approaches

Cons
Good Luck with approaching
Light as a feather
Kill moves(besides upsmash) are so-so.
Projectile not good for racking damage.
Gets Completely owned by pikachu, Zero Suit Samus, and Sheik(Pika:0-80% CG, Zamus-40-50%dsmash locks, and Sheik: 0-60%ish ftilt lock.

M@v

Subarashii!
My respect suddenly plummeted for you. For shame Praxis. For shame :(

jk :laugh:

What are Fox's good match ups? We really need to find out what match ups affect both Peach's/Weekly Character's so we can compare them
Foxs best and advantaged matchups:

Advantage:
CF
Ganon
diddy
ike
Link
samus
R.O.B(55:45 fox)

Fox has a TON of even matchups with mid tier and above
evens:
Snake
DDD

Wolf
TL
Olimar
Pit
Peach

Fox doesn't really Hard Counter anyone besides some low tiers, but he is even with a suprising amount of high/top tiers.

JuniorMints

Smash Cadet
Fox get ***** by Pika?! I never knew that, Ive always picked Fox to counter Pika to piss people off or Falco, makes that spammy TJ and Thunder useless. but thats just me.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
evens:
Snake
Really? O.o This alone could make Fox a good secondary for Peach...

JuniorMints

Smash Cadet
Wario is okay as well, and a good Peach can demolish a Snake if he tried. Snake I think is one of our less dominant worries, but yeah.
agreed. i see a snake main, i laugh, MY peach will **** Snake. See a MK, thats another story. But Ill **** MK too.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
My respect suddenly plummeted for you. For shame Praxis. For shame :(

jk :laugh:

What are Fox's good match ups? We really need to find out what match ups affect both Peach's/Weekly Character's so we can compare them
Playing MK is the best way to get him banned, by far. ;)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Really? O.o This alone could make Fox a good secondary for Peach...
Snake's not that bad for Peach once you learn the matchup and the right playstyle. There's a running joke about me being a Snake Raper in WA- I do really good against Snakes even above of my skill level.
Not nearly as bad as G&W or Falco (when he camps).
Foxs best and advantaged matchups:

Advantage:
CF
Ganon
diddy
ike
Link
samus
R.O.B(55:45 fox)

evens:
Snake
DDD

Wolf
TL
Olimar
Pit
Peach

Fox doesn't really Hard Counter anyone besides some low tiers, but he is even with a suprising amount of high/top tiers.
Hmm :/ Peach already beats Pit and goes even or slight advantage with Dedede, and totally ***** Olimar. Plus, she beats ROB and Diddy... and Snake isn't that horrible.

Seeing too much overlap. Question; how does Fox do against G&W?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I'm sorry to bump this thread, but I'm keeping up with it because I might want to learn Peach for my own fights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom