• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit - MAY 30th! M2K is coming!! (new rules front page)

HugS™

Smash Lord
Fun tournament. Ran better than I expected.

Sorry I didn't see much of the melee crowd. You're all still in my heart. :)

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
This was a good tournament. Shoutouts tomorrow or something... too tired right now...

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Awesome event. had a blast attending

shoutouts to:

Warp Status for drving me, Keepinitfresh for letting me stay the night, all the other people in SB representing, Gish for just being you.

Claire and Alex for hosting, all the people who helped them run the tourney, rina-chan for the melee games. you weren't as bad as you made yourself to be.

Lunin for taking a picture of me in my get-up.

Sky the birthday boy

and all the people who had cheesecake. Mango I'm sorry someone took your slice while it was in the fridge. I'll try and make it up to you with some other food I make at the next one hopefully.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I left my Gamecube and memory card at the venue. It should be obvious which ones are mine since each has tape with "Amanita" written on it. Did anybody pick either of them up?

Also, I'm liking this trend at the SCSA events where I play somebody who is way better than me at Melee, but is rusty due to Brawl, and then wobble him nonstop.

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
Your shaz.

Hey guys. Thanks for coming. There were some things left at our house:

- 3 Wiis
- 1 Gamecube
- Various controllers
- Random accessories such as chargers

If you left anything, you can call Dai at

630-346-3612

The controllers and accessories and **** are all in a box.

[SIZE="-10"]We're also holding them all for ransom for $300 each.[/SIZE]

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Wow this was amazing.

TheGreat[er]Leon - Thanks again for the ride. Both rides to and back were pretty fun. You guys are hilarious.

Plan 9 - I just basically mentioned you, lol. High-larious. Also, I would like some of your musics.

replicate - You're such a cool
and really tall
guy.

Lovage - crazy as always

Embrace - Sucks about you memory card; hope you find it.

DanteFox - You pretty much ***** me. :[ I don't know what happened...

Practice Man - Ohhh maan I was so close to a comeback that second match. Nice meeting you, you're a cool guy.

Midgey - ohmanohmanohman. thinking of you. yes homo.
no homo

SuperRad - Your mustache is pretty amazing. You are also a very cool guy. For some reason I thought you were a little kid though, lol (on the boards).

SDR - Dang son, you have so many games, 400 GAMES.

Lunin - You are an oddly interesting guy, which is pretty **** cool. And yes, that strawberry syrup is **** good.

JDM - Nice seeing you again, haha.

Insomniak - It was cool playing with you.

Connor'sPancakes - Good **** son. Way to get really good. lol. I bet you've eaten those pancakes by now.

To everyone else - It was nice meeting new people and playing them. IHOP afterwards was pretty ****. Infinite pancakes style. Good seeing everyone else I already know. :D See you guys again...next time everyone goes to something.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
this tournament was great. shout outs later though, I'm too lazy.

Goku went ****ing super saiyan o_0

Celph

Smash Journeyman
THIS VENUE ****ING SUCKED.

Why did we have to pay five bucks for this ****?

Shoutouts later. Tofu and I ****.

DJMirror

Smash Master
meh...sucks i couldn't enter because i have work and stuff. Hey P did you win those MM again Lunin? i think it was funny/messed up that Phil and HMW were trying to make you choke on that MM.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I split with larry in brawl but gave him the win.

I think I actually played more melee yesterday than brawl. Like 5-6 hours at least. No wonder you guys like that game so much lol.

SENG

Smash Journeyman
this tournament was super fun =D i got ***** but i got to play alot of friendlies so it was fine. ggs to ppl i got the chance to play with.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I love when Natch said this to me about melee when i said there is combo in this game "if i play this game competively, I'll know this game more then you" LMAO

Charoo

Smash Champion
1. DEHF (falco/MK)
2. Fiction (Wario)
3. SK92 (falco)
4. Sean (MK)
5. Leepuff (G&W)
5. Bardull (Marth)
7. MikeHaze (Marth)
7. Teba (King Dedede)
9. BoA (Marth/MK)
9. VANS (Sheik/Fox/Falcon)
9. Tyrant (MK/Snake)

that's all I remember for brawl

DanteFox

Smash Champion
THIS VENUE ****ING SUCKED.

Why did we have to pay five bucks for this ****?

Shoutouts later. Tofu and I ****.
I was kinda thinking this in my head. It was super crowded, and not a lot of tvs for friendlies. (And the hot dogs were too small for $2). Plus no one was playing tournament matches for the first 2 hours of the thing. But all in all it was a good tournament, and I had fun. :)

Now I realize how good mango really is, and how flawlessly someone would have to play to beat him in tournament. His falcon really is quite oppressive. :dizzy:

Shoutouts:

Jun: Thanks for letting come to this with you. It was great fun.

Gosu: Awesome cheesecake (make more next time!). I had fun teaming with you and just playing friendlies with you.

KiF: Hey man, thanks for housing us and for being so cool. Your family is nice. Thanks for the words (and slightly uncomfortable touches :laugh:) of encouragement.

Gishnak: Way to eat all the food. >:O :laugh:

Warpstatus: Thanks for driving us and putting up with Jun's and Gish's crap on the way there.

P: Good mm. I had fun and got *****, what more can I say.

Socal melee community: Good games and fun times. It was good to put faces to names and names avatars and all that.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i agree with the venue thing, but i believe it was no tournament or a tournament at this venue. i rather take a tournament, but not everyone might agree.

*****es that enter both brawl and melee need to be ****ing listening for matches, singles couldve finished atleast an hour earlier if people were listening for their matches (@ rina chan/insomniak/bleak/others that dont come to mind)

in other news, im never losing to kouryuu again :mad:

This tournament was off the chain! I had a great time with all ya!
:(

Vlade

Social Outcast
1. DEHF (falco/MK)
2. Fiction (Wario)
3. SK92 (falco)
4. Sean (MK)
5. Leepuff (G&W)
5. Bardull (Marth)
7. MikeHaze (Marth)
7. Teba (King Dedede)
9. BoA (Marth/MK)
9. VANS (Sheik/Fox/Falcon)
9. Tyrant (MK/Snake)

that's all I remember for brawl
Were there vids from this tournament?

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
What I didn't understand was, why the tourney couldn't have been postponed till next weekend since Luigi's Mansion (LOL) would have been available for a venue. An event this big deserves a much better venue IMO.

in other news, im never losing to kouryuu again :mad:
Yeah, you will.

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
JTB, I had to go pick up Aura from her class which was an hour away. I had told Alex and Claire the situation so please don't drag me into this.

Also, to everyone whining about the venue, just be glad they didn't have to cancel the tournament, okay? We risked a lot having THAT MANY PEOPLE in our house in a neighborhood full of elderly people who like peace and quiet. :p

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lol, im not allowed to be mad when the entire bottom of the losers bracket is finished and we are waiting on a 2nd round losers match in the top?

Top Bottom