• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit - MAY 30th! M2K is coming!! (new rules front page)

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
When I left to go pick Faye up I did not know you were running melee. I didn't know that until later. You could have at least asked Alex or Claire and they could have told you where I went, or I guess you could have DQed me because I was the only person able to give a ride. :/

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i didnt like the venue, but that was mostly because there were too many people crowded in. im glad the tournament still happened

im sad that the lovage vs lucky food mm didnt happen because we got out after hometown closed :(

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i have no idea why i wrote lovage, i was thinking replicate too

anyways

plan 9 is a cool guy

and so is tgl

steven isnt because he wobbles

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Was zhu recording here too or was that someone elses laptop?

Im asking since I never saw him there and I wanna know where to look for the vids

BarDulL

Town Vampire
lol, im not allowed to be mad when the entire bottom of the losers bracket is finished and we are waiting on a 2nd round losers match in the top?
I'm sure people enjoyed the friendlies while they waited. Take a chill pill, DAWG.
~
I'll do shout outs later. Still tired.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
did fly really wobble his way to third?
i just assumed wobbling was universally banned now.

also, does anyone know if the bracket will be on allisbrawl?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I only remember wobbling a lot in two rounds during the tourney (not that there's anything wrong with wobbling, of course!), those being first round against Mango in winners, in which I wobbled him three times, and second round against Knives, in which I wobbled two or three times. For some reason I suck at starting wobbling against most characters, even though the timing is always the same, lol.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
haha nice... you seem like a pretty cool guy. i regret not being more friendly to you at WCSL. (not that i was a **** or anything. we just didn't talk)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm sure people enjoyed the friendlies while they waited. Take a chill pill, DAWG.
~
I'll do shout outs later. Still tired.
you have no idea what im talking about.

sidefx

Smash Champion
i think fly just tipped the scales in whether or not we ban wobbles at genesis or not..

but which way is it tipped in?

cough cough.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wouldn't it be ridiculous is wobbling was banned ad genesis solely based on sideFX's negative opinion towards it? hahahaha

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
i think fly just tipped the scales in whether or not we ban wobbles at genesis or not..
The main reason I did really well this tourney wasn't that wobbling was legal, but rather that Mango was rusty as hell when I played him. He had just gotten back from an hour or something of Brawl singles pools, and his tech skill and spacing were really obviously off when I played him. There are quite a few other good players whom I think could have beaten him then, too.

sidefx

Smash Champion
the decision wont solely be based on your performance at SCSA2.. lol dont get ahead of yourself.

we already know the circumstances, i was just taking a stab at the whole wobbling ban thing..

we are actually going to make a final decision on the subject after a vote that will be up on our forums very shortly (later this week).

MacD

Banned via Administration
you could always do the ban it if you want to thing, i know there are people out there like pink shinobi who say it's just something they can do and you have to be good enough to not get caught in it, or at least it's something like that, ie he wouldn't ban it if he played some ic

HugS™

Smash Lord
you could always do the ban it if you want to thing, i know there are people out there like pink shinobi who say it's just something they can do and you have to be good enough to not get caught in it, or at least it's something like that, ie he wouldn't ban it if he played some ic
****, Pink Shinobi is a big man when he's playing Peach against IC's.

If only we could all be that brave, or at least play peach vs Ice climbers...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
****, Pink Shinobi is a big man when he's playing Peach against IC's.

If only we could all be that brave, or at least play peach vs Ice climbers...
LOLOLOLOL
no, that's just paul.
he's just... like that. haha
i don't think i've ever heard him john. lol

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
It's easy. Just Dsmash.

Anyway, Wobbling shouldn't be banned. Aren't there other gay grab infinites IC's can do other than wobbling? Well regardless, just don't get grabbed LOL.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
plus if u dont wanna get wobbled, then pick up ice climbers LOL and ice climbers ditto!

or ness and spam forward b

wobbles vs ken was an extremely gay set btw

Charoo

Smash Champion
i assume scsa points will be 1000 to 100 instead since the first one had more than 32 people. Might be unfair for people who attended scsa2 only though. I still think there should be points for melee too

shout outs after I finish my hw. Super Bowl was pretty cool.

festizzio

Smash Champion
that was weird i thought i was playing against superrad in teams then i look over and kira's sitting there and apparently he's been sitting there for like 3 matches

get *****

i'm gonna go watch higurashi

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i thought falcon/ganon can't get out of the aznlep chaingrab?
idk what to call it, but CHOK on-a-dick NATER showed it to me.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i swear that choks been doing the reverse down air chain grab since like 2006. i remember when he first did it too, he was like.. CHOKNATOR CHAIN GRAB!! and it was the first time i ever saw it. it was cool =]

Top Bottom