• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit - MAY 30th! M2K is coming!! (new rules front page)

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
It's funny cuz I have never had that problem LOL. I'm always at the front.

If I need to get through, I just say (yell), "Get the **** outta my way!" Works every time.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
If anyone was wondering, Pocky's as annoying in real life as he is online. I'm glad, cause now I can safely ignore anything he says or does in the future.

I'll do full shoutouts once the results are posted, East Coast style. But Lunin's exactly right about the venue fee.

Oh, and only bad people ***** about Wobbling. Truth.

JDM

Smash Champion
Melee Doubles

1: Rocket The Bluebird (Mango, Lucky) ($132.00)
2: We're Made of Solid ****ing Gold (Kouryuu, Connor) ($66.00)
3: Tofu And P (Tofu, Neighborhood P) ($22.00)
4: Daaaamn Chris Daaaaamn (Linkage 3000, Rufeo)
5: Double Ds (DC, Danimals)
5: aimbot 2.3 (Sharidan, LuninSpectre)
7: Josepheroth Ken (PsychoMidget, Zhu)
7: Amanita Lotta Lovin (Lovage, Fly Amanita)
9: Pocky and Replicate (Pocky, Replicate)
9: Gosu Santa Barbara (Gosu Engineer, Dante Fox)
9: GLHF and 4 stocks (GLHF, Forbidden)
9: ****ing **** (Emerican, ROFL)
13: The Handsome Heroes (Zeta, LeoFTW)
13: Take A Left down I-5 (Zex, CubaIsDeath)
13: Hold It (Practice Man, Hyprid)
13: Team Moustache (Super Rad, The Great Leon)
17: Seng and Insomniak (Seng, Insomniak)
17: Let's Do This (Eman, Noba)
17: We Love Manacloud and his cat (Knives, SDR)
17: Pyro and Abyss (Pyro, Abyss)
17: Super Duper Awesome Cuddle Friends (Irow, Aros)
17: Get downsmashed (Mac D, Nasty Nate)
17: The Gruesome Twosome in The Creepy Coupe (Plan 9 , JDM)

Melee Singles

1: Mango ($175.00)
2: Lucky ($50.00)
3: Fly Amanita ($25.00)
4: Zhu
5: Tofu
5: LuninSpectra
7: Kouryuu
7: Misfit Linkage 3000
9: Replicate
9: Neighborhood P
9: Connor
9: Knives
13: JTB
13: Lovage
13: Futile
13: Emerican
17: BeamSwordMaster
17: Dante Fox
17: Insomniak
17: SDR
17: Practice Man
17: DC
17: Sheridan
17: The Wickerman
25: Plan 9
25: Embrace the 12
25: Sheen
25: Abyss
25: Rina Chan
25: Rufeo
25: JDM
25: Pocky
33: Yobi
33: Bleak
33: Mac D
33: Nasty Nate
33: CubaIsDeath
33: Mr. momo
33: Gosu Engineer
33: Yuki
33: The Life Ruiner
33: Aros
33: Hyprid
33: Eman
33: PsychoMidget
33: Seng
33: Irow
33: The Great Leon
49: Zeta
49: Chaz
49: Pyro
49: Kobe
49: X-43
49: Super Rad Brad
49: XDarklinkX
cvbcvnbcvbmccbmbn,

pockyD

Smash Legend
If anyone was wondering, Pocky's as annoying in real life as he is online. I'm glad, cause now I can safely ignore anything he says or does in the future.

I'll do full shoutouts once the results are posted, East Coast style. But Lunin's exactly right about the venue fee.

Oh, and only bad people ***** about Wobbling. Truth.
yeah, i've said many times that i'm the same person online as i am in real life. there's no point in constructing a fake personality or anything; if you don't like me and/or find me annoying (as a lot of people do), so be it; i'm not super interested in pleasing names on a webpage

i do like how you wait for everyone to go home to 'confront' me about it on the internet though. you're a reaaaal badass

edit: cool, badass isn't censored

some1rational

Smash Cadet
some matches I recorded, but it's camcorder quality sorry...these are only from the very early rounds of the tournament (hopefully it will be entertaining, at least for the ppl we played)

Yuchi v Zeta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5kc0dFjaTs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNJa4tljigY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFD4jP0LioY

MrMomo v Kouryuu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UasgEnum110
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf-jpbmDHvQ

Yuchi v Connor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfRDwIdPGfY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPiK9sfCLJQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pZDQxfv3-Q

o yea, thanks to TheGreatLeon for making me feel welcomed, wish we could've gotten some games in but it was so packed and I had to leave early; gg's to everyone

LuCKy

Smash Master
pshhh if you wanna counter wobbles play like me lol to this day im pretty sure i havnt been wobbled in tourney

Celph

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i've said many times that i'm the same person online as i am in real life. there's no point in constructing a fake personality or anything; if you don't like me and/or find me annoying (as a lot of people do), so be it; i'm not super interested in pleasing names on a webpage

i do like how you wait for everyone to go home to 'confront' me about it on the internet though. you're a reaaaal badass

edit: cool, badass isn't censored
I'm pretty sure I didn't say a word to you in real life except to bug you to donate five bucks to me. That was by design -- after all, why would I talk to an annoying person? It has nothing to do with "confronting" you; you just aren't that important. The only reason I posted what I just did is because I knew you wouldn't be able to resist the urge to respond to it.

I love psychology.

Thanks JDM. By the way, I saw a car with a sticker that had I love JDM. I was like WTF?

Before I get to the shoutouts though, just a couple of notes about the tourny:

-- The venue fee, as noted earlier, was bull****, but the tourny was still pretty legit. Thanks to Norcal for showing up; playing different styles helps SO ****ing much. You guys are so much smarter than SoCal it's ridiculous.

-- I'm 95% sure my TV got stolen at this tourny, because there's no other reason for what could've happened to it. TVs don't just get lost, and this is the first time in 2+ years I've had a TV "misplaced." I don't know what the **** is up with that, but whoever stole it has to have way more problems than they can get help with, so whatever. Still pretty gay of you.

Shoutouts:

1: Mango: I don't want to say I owe the majority of my recent improvement to you, because I would've found a way to get better anyway, but you have definitely expedited the process <3

Stop ****ing up the bracket *******!

2: Lucky: You were playing like **** when I played you in tourny, I really could've won. You spot dodged like a noob and everything. Step it up son or I will beat you next time, and I don't want that. You don't want that. And Ringo here, definitely doesn't want that.

3: Fly Amanita: You are so lucky you didn't play me in tourny. :laugh:

4: Zhu: Stop ****ing up the bracket *******!

5: Tofu: ****ing noob, see how far your non-counterpicking strategy gets you. It's why you lost to Fly.

But we still wrecked **** in teams, and really should've had second place. All I know is that any tourny we team at again we are a lock for top 3

5: LuninSpectra: This guy made the whole weekend worth it for me

7: Kouryuu: Who the **** did you beat to get 7th?

7: Misfit Linkage 3000: You're pretty good in teams and better overall than I thought, but like I told you on AIM beforehand, you still don't wanna see me in tourny ;)

9: Replicate: Who did you play? Nice to see you finally got (are getting?) over your wall

9: Neighborhood P: You got so much better by playing Norcal all day Sunday. You and Tofu will never lose to Connor and Kouryuu again, I can guarantee that. Good **** ****** Norcal in doubles.

9: Connor: No shots, but wow your partner is holding you back

9: Knives: Get ***** by the bracket

13: Futile: Play more melee. I got better son =)

13: Emerican: We shoulda mmed

17: BeamSwordMaster: No shots, but what does it feel like getting passed up by everyone? Make you motivated or do you not give a ****? I think it's the latter.

17: Dante Fox: You're a lot better than I thought you'd be, but spacies are my favorite matchup with Marth =). Come to more tournies :)

17: SDR: Hope you learned a valuable lesson

17: DC: You did something Lucky's never done: beat me in a mm with Marth

17: Sheridan: Your Puff is pretty good. <3 team friendlies

25: Plan 9: I like the improvement you're making, it's evident you're trying hard

25: Embrace the 12: My Fox did what Connor's can't. Wow my Fox must be amazing, I should main him

25: Rina Chan: I'd hit it.

25: Pocky: Once I figured out you were a crouch cancel noob it was all **** from there. You taught me a valuable lesson though, which is why I <3 smash: you can learn things even while wrecking noobs

33: Nasty Nate: For someone who gets to play with P all the time, 33rd doesn't suit you :(

33: PsychoMidget: Dayumn 33rd? I guess teaming with Zhu makes you worse in singles too (I'm just kidding Zhu)

49: Kobe: I thought this was HMW and Misfit was Phil but I guess this is actually Phil? Well I dunno, there's no way Phil woulda got last place either. I am now confused.

49: XDarklinkX: Holy ****, get ****ing *****.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Pocky came down to Socal?

My bracket:

Winners:
Beat Mr.Momo
Lost to Lunin

Losers:
Beat Kira (not really lol)
Beat Plan 9
Beat JTB
Beat Rep
Lost to Zhu

I played like **** this tourney.

JDM

Smash Champion
There was a Acura TL with a licence plate cover that says "I <3 JDM" on the ride to the tourney. I was gonna say something but we speed right past it.

I'm so cool I have my own merchindice.

Miztik

Smash Master
pshhh if you wanna counter wobbles play like me lol to this day im pretty sure i havnt been wobbled in tourney
I remember at the NUB (Norcal Ultimate Biweekly) i was in the same pool at Boback he wobbled everyone in our pool but me and in our pool was 2 samus players, Mexican, Timmy and myself along with boback
LOL

pockyD

Smash Legend
cool

you knew that i would respond to a post talking about me? you are really rather clever

let me waste my time writing up a confrontational post just so i can get the other guy to waste some time responding!

and yeah, i'm pretty bad at smash, no argument there

edit: and phil was 'rufeo'

SENG

Smash Journeyman
ummm tofu i think i left my bag in ur car =/

o and also nate p tofu manuel kira it was super fun hanging out wit u guys after tournament sorry if i was being a noob and freaking out a tiny bit =/.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah

apparently my mere presence was incredibly annoying to P, even though we didn't really talk

edit: oh yeah, i think we played you in teams

or really, replicate played you guys while i kind of sat there and failed over and over

Celph

Smash Journeyman

o and also nate p tofu manuel kira it was super fun hanging out wit u guys after tournament sorry if i was being a noob and freaking out a tiny bit =/.
Nah Seng you're cool, I was just giving you **** cause that's what P does. You'll get over it, I used to be like that too (but not as bad). Just keep smoking! :laugh:

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Good MM's Vanz. Thanks for the advice vs Marth. They really helped <3

MacD

Banned via Administration

My bracket:

Winners:
Beat Mr.Momo
Lost to Lunin

Losers:
Beat Kira (not really lol)
Beat Plan 9
Beat JTB
Beat Rep
Lost to Zhu
well good **** lunin, i heard he had trouble beating peach but i guess he's getting better

oh and how'd you beat JTB, i feel stupid cause i loose to jiggies like a dummy, i think it's cause he would space something and i would always jump in with a bair and then he'd hit me cause i'm stupid and then i'd get ***** cause of that, and i didn't spam enough turnips i guess

i swear i really just want to pick your brain, and when you were approaching, was it a complete full hop to float, it looked like it was but i couldn't tell

I forfeited cuz I wasn't feeling well and didn't think I was playing well lol.
was that cause of brawl and brawl teaming, for some reason i really want to random play brawl with people, that can't be good

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Lunin's Falcon is probably his best bet VS Peach IMO.

Lunin if you read this, here is my advice (sorry I forgot to tell you in person) you need to play more patiently and DD camp more with Falcon vs Peach. If you do, you'll be a beast.

Charoo

Smash Champion
I'm going to write a long fake shout out because no one does it anymore. This wouldn't happen in melee 06

First of all, thank you Claire and Alex for hosting SCSA. I think it's a very neat idea to have a MLG style circuit within SoCal especially when MLG isn't doing melee or brawl this year. Alex is too funny on the microphone calling out people haha. I think he also learned how to use Tio so Neal will be very proud of that. Claire of course did an awesome. It's not easy to operate a tournament with only about 4-5 people helping her out. Can't wait for the next one.

To the midwest + rina chan, thanks for letting us use ur house for this tournament. I used to think your house was huge, but I dunno anymore after this haha. Good stuff to Dai especially though with the cooking and letting us use ur computer and stereo system to run the tournament. thanks to every1 that also run the pools for us too. We didn't have enough people to run all the pools so u guys helped a lot =)

Ryan aka JTB, good stuff at running melee singles. It was probably one of the best decision in the tournament because that made it a lot more smoother. I do feel ur pain though about people not going to their matches. It's pretty wack and slow down the tourney big time. Mango thanks for helping run the melee tournament too. Writing down the matches and then u making it happen was really nice. Another help that make the tourney ran more smoother. Spike King is pretty amazing too. Special thanks to Lovage and Embracethe12 also for helping me putting up more setup for melee. I gave u guys the stuff and u did exactly what was needed to operate it.

thanks for coming vegas and norcal! Good games to every1 I played. Forward throw to spike is not cool at all =_=

norcal smashers - u guys make the tournament much louder and more entertaining. I also hope u guys got home without any problem too. Hope to see u guys again. Superrad mustache really is legendary. Sheridan is awesome as always. Nice seeing u guys again and if u ever need housing just hit me up anytime.

socal smashers - great seeing u guys again! Brendan, Lucky, Romeo, Hugo, Fly, psychomidget, twilightkirby, palmdale, vicegrip, fadedimage, mr.x, and many more. You guys are always too cool. See u guys again at the next melee/brawl tourney or something.

I do have to agree though that the venue was not good for hosting a melee/brawl tourney. I tried my very best to expand the melee part because it was just dumb seeing like a crap load of people in that one room trying to smash. That one chair Emerican was sitting on didn't help either haha. I really hope u guys had fun though. I stole as much power strip and surge protector as I can to operate more set up in that room. I was also worry that there might have been clothes in the washing machine when I pulled the plug to put more set up haha. Not to say brawl have a lot of room though, they were pretty cramped too but not as much as melee. What can u do though, it was a house with over 100 people in it.

Since I did all the set up on tvs and such, I must say good job to the melee community and brawl community need to step it up on the set up. Brawl had 12 tvs whiles melee had 10 tvs. Brawl should have had so much more since they had more people but I guess it happened. I dun think I would probably be able to put anymore set up though haha. I almost put one on top of this cardboard box since there was no room but it probably would have break >_<

thanks again to every1 that came. I had fun at this tournament and hopefully it will be even more fun next time! You guys are too good! Hopefully my favorite smasher will attend the next one =p

Knivez

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I didn't say a word to you in real life except to bug you to donate five bucks to me. That was by design -- after all, why would I talk to an annoying person? It has nothing to do with "confronting" you; you just aren't that important. The only reason I posted what I just did is because I knew you wouldn't be able to resist the urge to respond to it.

I love psychology.

Thanks JDM. By the way, I saw a car with a sticker that had I love JDM. I was like WTF?

Before I get to the shoutouts though, just a couple of notes about the tourny:

-- The venue fee, as noted earlier, was bull****, but the tourny was still pretty legit. Thanks to Norcal for showing up; playing different styles helps SO ****ing much. You guys are so much smarter than SoCal it's ridiculous.

-- I'm 95% sure my TV got stolen at this tourny, because there's no other reason for what could've happened to it. TVs don't just get lost, and this is the first time in 2+ years I've had a TV "misplaced." I don't know what the **** is up with that, but whoever stole it has to have way more problems than they can get help with, so whatever. Still pretty gay of you.

Shoutouts:

1: Mango: I don't want to say I owe the majority of my recent improvement to you, because I would've found a way to get better anyway, but you have definitely expedited the process <3

Stop ****ing up the bracket *******!

2: Lucky: You were playing like **** when I played you in tourny, I really could've won. You spot dodged like a noob and everything. Step it up son or I will beat you next time, and I don't want that. You don't want that. And Ringo here, definitely doesn't want that.

3: Fly Amanita: You are so lucky you didn't play me in tourny. :laugh:

4: Zhu: Stop ****ing up the bracket *******!

5: Tofu: ****ing noob, see how far your non-counterpicking strategy gets you. It's why you lost to Fly.

But we still wrecked **** in teams, and really should've had second place. All I know is that any tourny we team at again we are a lock for top 3

5: LuninSpectra: This guy made the whole weekend worth it for me

7: Kouryuu: Who the **** did you beat to get 7th?

7: Misfit Linkage 3000: You're pretty good in teams and better overall than I thought, but like I told you on AIM beforehand, you still don't wanna see me in tourny ;)

9: Replicate: Who did you play? Nice to see you finally got (are getting?) over your wall

9: Neighborhood P: You got so much better by playing Norcal all day Sunday. You and Tofu will never lose to Connor and Kouryuu again, I can guarantee that. Good **** ****** Norcal in doubles.

9: Connor: No shots, but wow your partner is holding you back

9: Knives: Get ***** by the bracket

13: Futile: Play more melee. I got better son =)

13: Emerican: We shoulda mmed

17: BeamSwordMaster: No shots, but what does it feel like getting passed up by everyone? Make you motivated or do you not give a ****? I think it's the latter.

17: Dante Fox: You're a lot better than I thought you'd be, but spacies are my favorite matchup with Marth =). Come to more tournies :)

17: SDR: Hope you learned a valuable lesson

17: DC: You did something Lucky's never done: beat me in a mm with Marth

17: Sheridan: Your Puff is pretty good. <3 team friendlies

25: Plan 9: I like the improvement you're making, it's evident you're trying hard

25: Embrace the 12: My Fox did what Connor's can't. Wow my Fox must be amazing, I should main him

25: Rina Chan: I'd hit it.

25: Pocky: Once I figured out you were a crouch cancel noob it was all **** from there. You taught me a valuable lesson though, which is why I <3 smash: you can learn things even while wrecking noobs

33: Nasty Nate: For someone who gets to play with P all the time, 33rd doesn't suit you :(

33: PsychoMidget: Dayumn 33rd? I guess teaming with Zhu makes you worse in singles too (I'm just kidding Zhu)

49: Kobe: I thought this was HMW and Misfit was Phil but I guess this is actually Phil? Well I dunno, there's no way Phil woulda got last place either. I am now confused.

49: XDarklinkX: Holy ****, get ****ing *****.

lol yea, i did get ***** by the bracket.

who is this?

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
yeah. No johns. Embrace I know what to do to beat you. See you next tourney!

I dont know why but that made me lmao. Go to JDMs smashfest, so you can freak out again about foggy cars
quick shout out to nasty nate for beating me in a money match

im dumb and you beat me because of it
oh and your goatee rocks
tytyty. Next time you see me I might be sans moo-stah-shay. Goatee vs mustache mm?

Top Bottom