• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit - MAY 30th! M2K is coming!! (new rules front page)

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
**** my account is beautiful

good tournament claire, alex, jtb
<3 melee community
<3 my brawl noobs
thanks for housing, house owners

im very pleased that i can see progress with myself

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Says the Peach players =(

Joesepherothkenny.
hey hey i saw that set where you went peach against that guys ic's and fox.
(i would say who, but i'll spell his name wrong...)

edit:
i swear that choks been doing the reverse down air chain grab since like 2006. i remember when he first did it too, he was like.. CHOKNATOR CHAIN GRAB!! and it was the first time i ever saw it. it was cool =]
that's funny because he told me aznlep taught him. lol
now i'm going to ask him lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
this was a fun time

the venue was pretty mediocre, but obv on a short notice, you could have done a lot worse

on the other hand, with the $500+ you took in on venue fees, maybe you could have bought some chairs, instead of only having one per TV and having 4 players fight over it for doubles... =\

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i don't even wanna know how a house tournament had a venue fee that high...

Naota21t

Smash Champion
the ppl who own the house are using all the money to pay off their house.

they had a buncha other tournaments w/ venue fees like this tournament had.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone see a tape recorder? I am pretty sure I brought it in my backpack and when I got back today it was gone. Fuuuuck I would really appreciate it if anyone saw it / has it to let me know.

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
of the almost exactly $500 that was received in venue fees, 50% went to the midwest house, and our 50% will be going towards that free tournament for brawl singles at the end of the circuit. You could be a little more forgiving under the last minute circumstances of venue change, getting as many tables/chairs as we did was actually a huge accomplishment, since their house isn't furnished. Thank you race for providing all the chairs and tables.

I thought under the circumstances, the tournament ended up going extremely well. I hope you all had a good time and congrats to all the winners.

I just want to take a minute to say an especially big thanks to JTB, and Champ. You two helped the tournament get done, and we really owe you. Thank you for everything you guys did.

We've already begun preparations for our next venue which will be larger and more accommodating.

Thank you everyone for coming out, thanks for all the travelers including Nor Cal and Vegas. You are all awesome!!

and Thank you Sky for choosing to celebrate your birthday, SCSA style. (and SK92 that was beautiful singing ^__^ )

Last but definitely not least, THANK YOU melee community! You are all tooooo good!!
(And welcome back, knives!)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I hope the new venue is also as close as this one.

SuperRad

Smash Master
i kinda want to do a big list of shoutouts, but god**** there were too many cool people in socal.

if i talked to you, played you, looked at you funny or anything similar, <3
if you went to TGL's super bowl party, <3<3<3

thanks sheridan for drivin my *****ass around
thanks champ and joe for housing
thanks champ and jtb for takin care of bidness
thanks brendan, <3

onski?

Smash Ace
sucks i had to leave at 8... especially since i made it out of pools.. did anyone else get freaked out by the cat in the bathroom?

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
I'd like to give...thanks to PockyD for giving me rides back & forth, and thanks to Sheridan for giving me a ride to the tournament.

Joe & The Great(er) Leon: Thanks for housing! You guys are very hospitable! I had a very great time at both of your houses.

----

On another note:

I think the venue fee was overpriced. If it was used to pay for Rent & a Free tournament that not everyone entered, then it wasn't used correctly. I guess it wasn't so bad knowing that it was last minute, but it was done to take advantage of the community rather than give to it.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If it's so easy to use Peach to counter wobbling (and I agree its not extremely difficult) , why don't you all just go Peach whenever you fight an IC player? I don't understand. Just counter pick with peach and beat the wobblers out there..Wobbling is never an issue at tournaments with a lot of good peach players. I call that a balanced game, lol, unlike brawl =P

MacD

Banned via Administration
coming from a good melee peach who switched to brawl

but i like how you stated it this time, i read it before this edit and it was a little confusing

araknophobik

Smash Master
but its not that easy edrees
i mean theres alot of c-sticking required
then floating
and i mean recovering is **** near impossible

no really fly is too good even with one ic vs peach its hard
i think its easier if you use fox with his shines =]

also i didn't attend the tourny, but i don't think there was any banana business going on, atleast not to that large of an extent

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I agree with Edrees.

And if for whatever reason you can't use Peach, then just don't get grabbed.

Yeah, I main Peach.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
calm down wobble haters
me,pocky, and fly were the few; if not, the only people going icies in tourney

i didn't wobble anybody
fly only wobbled mango and knives

and i dunno about pocky, but i'm sure it's nothing for people to be complaining about.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
This might be a bit random but Steven made me laugh so hard at IHOP LMAO.

"Do you know how cool I was in the second grade?"

- I pronounced mustache, "moo-sta-chay."

He also called Zhu a dragon LOL.

"You can't do that, that's not normal. That's not even normal, that's ****ed up!"

Good **** Steven.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Fly wobbled me ;_;

But watching lucky beat him with fox when I had failed was very educational, and as was watching mango **** it up. I also need to work on my marth matchup.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
The second worst thing about a small venue (the first worst thing being lack of chairs/tables............. IM NOT ASIAN I CANT SIT ON FLOORS IT KILLS MY BACK) is that I cant observe good matches since its so crowded.

Also WTF at the tall people who feel the need to stand aaaaaaaaaall the way up front. It happens at every tourney. LET PEOPLE SHORTER THAN YOU STAND AHEAD OF YOU, THEN YOU CAN BOTH SEE.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
The second worst thing about a small venue (the first worst thing being lack of chairs/tables............. IM NOT ASIAN I CANT SIT ON FLOORS IT KILLS MY BACK) is that I cant observe good matches since its so crowded.

Also WTF at the tall people who feel the need to stand riiiiiiiiiiiiight up front. It happens at every tourney. LET PEOPLE SHORTER THAN YOU STAND AHEAD OF YOU.
qft. I'm so short :(

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
its funny because I circulate around the mass o' people like 4 times, and EVERY possible angle, someone is blocking it so that you can ever only see 1/4 of the screen at any one time. Next time Im yelling for any tall***s to let me stand in front of them.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i spent most of the time sitting on the steps and trying to look around people anyway because i was so tired from playing standing up =\

i think it's most annoying when the people in front of you are constantly moving, so you have to constantly move too in order to not get blocked

joeplicate

Smash Master
everybody knows that I'm good for having short people stand in front of me

nate, if you ever want a good view just come and relax under my shady boughs

Top Bottom