• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSA West Coast Circuit - MAY 30th! M2K is coming!! (new rules front page)

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
Southern California Smash Alliance
presents

West Coast Circuit
December - July

The Southern California Smash Alliance will be hosting tournaments monthly, with guaranteed cash prizes. It will run as a circuit from December through July, with its own independent ranking point system.

Ranking System:

For each tournament in the circuit that a player attends, he/she will receive points based on placings, which will place them in the Southern California Smash Alliance Power Ranking system. Upon completion of the Circuit in July, prizes will be given to the top ranked players in the SCSA Power Rankings.

Rankings will be posted and updated following every monthly tournament event.

IMPORTANT/READ THIS:
There WILL be a $5.00 Venue Fee

WHERE

Address:

Orange Tree Clubhouse : 230 Orange Blossom
IRVINE CALIFORNIA 92618

parking: anywhere on the street

WHEN

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Schedule:

10:00am - Sign ups/warm ups (IF YOU WANT FREE VENUE FOR BRINGING SETUP YOU MUST BRING BEFORE 11:30am)

12:00pm - Brawl Doubles Begins [No late arrivals will be accepted]
Melee Doubles Begin
Brawl Singles Pools begin

3:00pm -Melee Singles Begins (Approx.)
Brawl Singles Amateur Bracket Begin

8:00 pm - Brawl Singles Pro Bracket Begins

Food:

WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE VENUE FOR SALE

EVENTS/COST/PRIZES

There will be a $5.00 venue fee

$5.00 will be deducted from entry fees for those who bring a FULL SET UP and allow it to be used till it is no longer needed!

Brawl Singles

Entry Fee: $15.00 [ALL PLAYERS PAY ENTRY FEE, INCLUDING THOSE GUARANTEED IN PRO BRACKET]

Prizes:
1st place - $600
2nd place - $300
3rd place - $100

Melee Singles: $5.00

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Doubles (Brawl and Melee)

Entry Fee: $10.00 ($5.00 per person)

Prizes:
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

RULES

NEW RULES ADDED:
1. Clean up your trash please, there will be tons of trash cans. If we see you leave a bunch of trash lying around for no reason you may be subject to disqualification.

2. Any throwing of controllers, TVs, or any object that can harm others will subject you to disqualification.

3. Players who are PLAYING a match may not scream or yell at their opponents face. Players watching are welcome to cheer, but may not touch players who are playing. Pursuing these actions can subject you to disqualification.

4. Standing infinites are banned (BRAWL)

5. Restrooms are provided, but please, let's keep it clean. Flush.

6. PLEASE NO STEALING! If we see you take something that is clearly not yours, you will be subject to disqualification and removal from the venue.
Players, please do not leave important stuff of yours lying around either. SCSA is not responsible for lost or damaged items. Though we will do our best to prevent theft from happening, you are all responsible for watching over your own belongings.

Brawl Rules

* 7 minute time limit on all matches.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods and tactics used to stall a match are banned
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stalling: running the clock out in a match for over a minute without any hits being made will be considered excessive stalling and will not be permitted.

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 3 stock.
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.

Stages:

* Singles Neutral: Battlefield, Smashville, Final Destination
* Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, Castle Seige, Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar, Delphino Plaza, Jungle Japes, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island
* Doubles Neutral: Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield
* Doubles counterpicks: all Doubles Neutrals plus Green Greens, Corneria, Luigi's Mansion, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, Castle Seige, Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar, Delphino Plaza, Jungle Japes, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island
* Things to note: Corneria, Green Greens and Luigi's Mansion are only in DOUBLES counterpicks

Melee Rules

* 8 minute time limit on all matches.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is not banned.

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.

Stages:

* Singles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium
* Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Doubles Neutral: Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Kongo Jungle 64.
* Doubles counterpicks: all Doubles Neutrals plus Pokefloats, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Green Greens, Corneria.
* Things to note: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned for doubles; Kongo Jungle 64 on Doubles Neutral.

THERE WILL BE NO SPLITTING OF PLACES. ALL MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED OUT ACCORDINGLY. (aka, no splitting for first).

Power Ranking System

Following each tournament in the SCSA circuit, points will be awarded to the top 32 places (with the exception of the first SCSA tournament on Dec. 6th, which is awarding points to the top 36 places). Of those 32 players, only the top 16 will be granted bracket advantage in the following tournament.

Bracket Advantage:
The top 16 players, based on number of points, will be automatically placed into the Pro Bracket, in the following tournament.

Tournament Set up:

Tournaments will be played out in three rounds from this point forward. All three rounds will occur in the same day.

All Brawl Singles tournaments will continue as follows -

Round 1: Pools

All players will be evenly distributed into 8 or 16 pools depending on tournament turn-out (with the exception of Tournament #1 Dec. 6, 2008). Players will compete against all competitors in their pool, best of 3 (except. Dec. 6). The top 2 (or 4, if there are 8 pools) players in each pool will move on to the amateur bracket.

Round 2: Amateur Bracket

The top 32 players from pools will advance to the Amateur Bracket. These players are still not guaranteed points for the SCSA power rankings. In this bracket they will compete for the top 16 slots. Top 16 will advance to the Professionals Bracket.

Round 3: Pro Bracket

The top 16 players from the Amateur Bracket, as well as the current top 16 ranked SCSA players (based on points) will compete for the prize money. Points will be distributed accordingly based on outcome of final bracket. All players in Pro Bracket receive points, going toward their overall rank in the SCSA circuit.

***Note: Should a player ranked in the top 16, not attend the following tournament, players at the tournament who rank 17th in the Amateur bracket may be given an opportunity to compete for empty slots in the pro bracket.

Current SCSA Power Rankings

[Highlighted players (whose names are BLUE) auto advance to pro bracket at next SCSA event]

If there is a discrepancy in your points or something you'd like to change please PM me.​

**Note: Concluding the SCSA West Coast Circuit, a tournament will be held for the final top 16 point leaders, free of charge, for a chance to win prizes.

Contact Information

Alex Fuentes [aka: DieSuperFly] Cell - (323) 303-1610
Claire Bolen [aka: Nezumi] Cell - (949) 202-6031

You can message on AIM if you have any questions
SN: DieSuperFly or GreenApplesFTW

prizes and details subject to change

Bring TV's Cubes, Wii's, Brawl if you can

Should the occasion arise, we reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS

West Coast Circuit Event #2 (January 31st)

Melee Doubles

1: Rocket the Bluebird
2: We're made of solid ****ing gold
3: Tofu And P
4: Daaaamn Chris Daaaaaamn
5: Double Ds
5: aimbot 2.3
7: Josepheroth Ken
7: Amanita Lotta Lovin
9: Pocky and Replicate
9: Gosu Santa Barbara
9: GLHF and 4 stocks
9: ****ing ****
13: The Handsome Heroes
13: Take A Left down I-5
13: Hold It
13: Team Moustache
17: Seng and Insomniak
17: Let's Do This
17: We Love Manacloud and his cat
17: Pyro and Abyss
17: Super Duper Awesome Cuddle Friends
17: Get downsmashed
17: The Gruesome Twosome in The Creepy Coupe

Melee Singles
1: Mango
2: Lucky
3: Fly Amanita
4: Zhu
5: Tofu
5: LuninSpectre
7: Kouryuu
7: Misfit Linkage 3000
9: Replicate
9: Neighborhood P
9: Connor
9: Knives
13: JTB
13: Lovage
13: Futile
13: Emerican
17: BeamSwordMaster
17: Dante Fox
17: Insomniak
17: SDR
17: Practice Man
17: DC
17: Sheridan
17: The Wickerman
25: Plan 9
25: Embrace the 12
25: Sheen
25: Abyss
25: Rina Chan
25: Rufeo
25: JDM
25: Pocky
33: Yobi
33: Bleak
33: Mac D
33: Nasty Nate
33: CubaIsDeath
33: Mr. momo
33: Gosu Engineer
33: Yuki
33: The Life Ruiner
33: Aros
33: Hyprid
33: Eman
33: PsychoMidget
33: Seng
33: Irow
33: The Great Leon
49: Zeta
49: Chaz
49: Pyro
49: X-43
49: Super Rad Brad
49: XDarklinkX

Brawl Doubles

1st place:
Culver Crew's Finest
2nd place:
We HELLA Don't Like Black People
3rd place:
HELLA NealPro
4th place:
SK92 And DannyKat
5: Keepers of the prosu
5: DEHF and Hugs
7: Nonexistant
7: Big C Experience
9: Ike Tekada is a Slumdog Millionaire
9: X champ
9: That's my purse, I don't know you
9: INB4Sean
13: Nibiru
13: Pedophilia isn't gonna legalize itself
13: Pro-Pro? Too Good
13: Harold and Kumar
17: We Got Ditched for some Nub
17: Assailance Brigade
17: The Mexi-cans
17: Three Minutes of Playtime
17: I Hella Wouldn't **** Rina Chan with Koikaze's Dic
17: Twilight Brigade
17: ROFL + 3 stocks
17: Pocky and Sharidan
25: I can't believe it's not hitstun
25: Ape With Cape
25: Cameron Sucks ****
25: Meeks + Insomniak
25: Just Doubles
25: Kobe
25: Game and Snatch
25: Liquid Bling
33: She's Gonna Pull Out Her Snake
33: Muffin Love
33: Pickle Juice
33: Peck Peck Mobaho
33: Lucky Octopus
33: All Senior Citizens Should Have Life Alert
33: We Don't Care
33: What the hell is traction?
33: Romeo and Juliet
33: Team Black and Brown
33: I can't believe they took our tag
33: Team Your Mom
49: Alpha Q
49: Double O

Brawl Singles Pools

1: Vice Grip
1: Dory
1: Tyrant
1: Zex
1: BoA
1: Irow
1: Ryan
1: Skank
1: Hugs
1: Ice
1: Romeo
1: Douglas
1: MikeHAZE
1: Someone
1: Twilight Kirby
1: Spike King
17: Sean
17: Natch
17: Creepyfingers
17: VANS
17: Warp Status
17: Samuelson
17: Oki
17: Sad
17: Onski
17: Kurohito
17: Insomniak
17: Camaman
17: Quickpy
17: DC
17: RPTAR
17: CPU
33: Slayn
33: Ardes
33: Mr. Pink
33: However
33: Afro
33: Fox16
33: MT8
33: Illusionz
33: Ike Takeda
33: Doppelganger
33: Jebus
33: Gishnak
33: Zeta
33: Zack
33: Meeks
33: Yubin
49: Clink
49: Slick Vic
49: Kells
49: JunkInTheTrunk
49: Aros
49: Keepin' it Fresh No G
49: Sky
49: Metahavv
49: RG3D
49: Nova
49: Rina Chan
49: Raz
49: VatoBreak
49: Claus
49: AllStar41
49: Kume
65: ZeroCool
65: JTB
65: Gameophile
65: Nub
65: Chris
65: Rawr

Brawl Amateur Bracket

17: Someone
17: Doppelganger
17: Douglas
17: Dory
17: Spike King
17: Warp Status
17: Romeo
17: Hugs
25: Natch
25: Samuelson
25: RPTAR
25: DC
25: Skank
25: insomniak =)
25: Camaman
25: Quickpy

Brawl Pro Bracket
1: DEHF
2: Fiction
3: SK92
4: Sean
5: BardulL
5: Leepuff
7: Teba
7: MikeHAZE
9: Michael Hey
9: BoA
9: Tyrant
9: VANS
13: ZEX
13: CPU
13: Mr. X
13: Erow
17: Irow
17: TyNANNERsaurus Rex
17: LeoFTW
17: HUGS
17: DannyKat
17: WARP STATUS
17: Creepyfingers
17: Ryan
25: Ice
25: DORY
25: Vice Grip
25: Sky
25: Twilight Kirby
25: Sad
25: Jon T
25: Oki

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
DIESUPERFLY WILL NOT BE ENTERING THE TOURNAMENT!!!!

WHAT the ****!??!?!?!?!

but.... but... b-but he enters... every tournament...

wait a minute.

he GOES to every tournament

but is not gonna enter this one

good ****

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
So i see, you guys did get this going. Nice. Congrats. Too bad i cant come to this one. :(

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Cool, wobbling isn't banned. If only wobbling were actually in Brawl...

edit: I definitely plan on attending this.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I got so hyped for this and then I realized it was for brawl =(

But maybe I'll go anyway.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just play brawl kira it's pretty fun

if ur talented like m2k and h2yl its still possible to be good at both

(lol then again no one in west coast is that good)

Race

Smash Lord
Yeah alex has been talking about this for the last few weeks. Awesome, I am down

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
December 6 seems pretty good =( I would want to have melee if the melee community would help with some TV's for melee.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
LOL

Using DSF's absence from the tournament as a way to earn more attendance. DSF is good but he definitely isn't unbeatable.

Why isn't he entering anyway?

Shroomed

Smash Master
Man this is a good reason to drive back down to so cal.
if this was for melee i'd get my norcal *** down there and enter

even though the prices are kinda steep......oh wth i'd hella do it
too bad this is kind of a pointless post since this is for brawl

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
I can make it harder on people who are trying to beat me if you push me to Kouryuu..........I'm actually having fun playing brawl and not trying to win so don't change that =P

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
haha I remember you playing Hall, Alex. "I won't throw gordos if you don't throw grenades!" LOL

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
wowwwwwwwww, no johns on having to drive far

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I can make it harder on people who are trying to beat me if you push me to Kouryuu.......... I'm actually having fun playing brawl and not trying to win so don't change that =P
Go for it. If it's for fun then you have nothing to lose and much money to gain lol.

Top Bottom