• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Turazrok

Smash Master
i can make up for you.

by posting funny.

and pretending i have a good doc.

also turazrok,

i find it funny that removing the azr makes your name turok

and your avatar is a dinosaur.

lol
At my first melee tourney, they signed me up as turok. I got slightly upset because I hunt no dinosaurs. At that gameware, they had at least 6 copies of turok to rub it in my face. It's Turaz!!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
man i totally thought manalord's sig said "now that i'm not just a dinosaur"

and i was like

what else could you be besides a dinosaur?

then i thought

a dinosaur bounty hunter with a race car

and i came.

D

Deleted member

falcon vs falco is not that bad to me

at least compared to fox or shiek

j00t

Smash Champion
falcon vs falco is not that bad to me

at least compared to fox or shiek
I enjoy the part where Falcon actually gets a grab on Falco. I don't enjoy the rest of it LOL
EDIT: I also enjoy kneeing a Falco at 50% on a ledge lip and killing him :]

Fox is super fun, but really challenging

Sheik is super gay

D

Deleted member

The thing about fighting Falco

is that even if you are down 100%, a tiny **** combo will make it even. You can sort of keep up fighting with normal moves against Falco compared to Fox.

On a semi unrelated note,
Only top notch Falcos can do **** combos to Falcons which is great because Falco is a popular noob character. satisfying to crush nooby Falcos

Fox once he is in your face becomes a nightmare if he is technical. The only hope against the nair train is to run like a ***** or get overwhelmed. Fun and very rewarding matchup if opponent doesn't insist on playing like a douche

Shiek is super gay but once they make that single mistake you get **** combos

in conclusion i think people think Falcon vs Falco is harder than it actually is and have a bad mindset, leading to crappier results than normal. Still hard but not impossible

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i get back to america and no longer have a home in the falcon boards

scar how do i get my tech skill back/tech skill for the first time

thumbswayup

Smash Master
At my first melee tourney, they signed me up as turok. I got slightly upset because I hunt no dinosaurs. At that gameware, they had at least 6 copies of turok to rub it in my face. It's Turaz!!
If I ever meet you in person I'm calling you Turok.

man i totally thought manalord's sig said "now that i'm not just a dinosaur"

and i was like

what else could you be besides a dinosaur?

then i thought

a dinosaur bounty hunter with a race car

and i came.
lolololol

The thing about fighting Falco

is that even if you are down 100%, a tiny **** combo will make it even. You can sort of keep up fighting with normal moves against Falco compared to Fox.

On a semi unrelated note,
Only top notch Falcos can do **** combos to Falcons which is great because Falco is a popular noob character. satisfying to crush nooby Falcos

Fox once he is in your face becomes a nightmare if he is technical. The only hope against the nair train is to run like a ***** or get overwhelmed. Fun and very rewarding matchup if opponent doesn't insist on playing like a douche

Shiek is super gay but once they make that single mistake you get **** combos

in conclusion i think people think Falcon vs Falco is harder than it actually is and have a bad mindset, leading to crappier results than normal. Still hard but not impossible
Eh, all three matchups are horrible and are all pretty close as Falcon's worst opponents. I would say Sheik edges the other two out becuase of her bs autocombos and 345345 dthrows. Plus all you gotta do is grab the spacies with Falcon and there are a million options for **** combos and zero to deaths. There are many combos you can do on Sheik but I find it's harder to zero to death that character. Or maybe I just suck more against Shiek, which would make more sense.

All I know is I'd rather fighter 100 Foxes in a row in tourny than one Sheik or Falco.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I think that Fox is easier for both Falcon and Ganon than Sheik and Falco are for those characters since Fox pretty much has to play rushdown vs. you whereas the other two can camp and control the match better. Then again, Fox's rushdown is ****ing retardedly good :laugh:, I just still think it leaves more openings than playing vs. a good Falco/Sheik in the matchup.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Fox can't up b stall the ledge and his lasers don't hinder your movement. Grabbing him is MUCH easier than the other two lol.

Yeah Mogwai, Sheik and Falco can camp the **** out of you which is stupidly gay so you're forced to get the lead first to avoid that.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Fox is easier in the sense that you can DD freely, but I'd rather play sheik than fox OR falco
sheik is just combo fodder, and if you've got good combo DI they have to take an early nair/fair instead of continuing their combos. and sheik approach seems to **** sheiks so i mean you have some options but it is hard as ****
falco is just gay. any ****** can shield pressure well enough to dodge grabs and lasers are just plain homo. and dair = your stock and it's not like you're recovery can sneak by it...

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I think that Fox is easier for both Falcon and Ganon than Sheik and Falco are for those characters since Fox pretty much has to play rushdown vs. you whereas the other two can camp and control the match better. Then again, Fox's rushdown is ****ing retardedly good :laugh:, I just still think it leaves more openings than playing vs. a good Falco/Sheik in the matchup.
I'm going to have to disagree due to Fox having a recovery and shine spikes. >__>

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm going to have to disagree due to Fox having a recovery and shine spikes. >__>
well, I'm either a very strong believer in Falco's recovery or a very strong disbeliever in Fox's recovery, but either way I don't think Fox makes it back all that much more than Falco does vs. good edgeguarding.

and Falco has a dair spike that's pretty OK at indiscriminately killing Ganon/Falcon.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i don't get gimped by falco's flames, like fox's which usually causes me to lose a jump and then attempt to recover only to be shinespiked

against falco it's like "sure i'll just fly through you with a uair and not worry about ****ing up and dying instead"

plus falco is usually closer to the stage anyway since his up-b has ****ty distance so it's easier to reach that stupid bird

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
Can i ask a non CF related question?

Scar when you went to that princeton invitational on the first night, did you come straight from work or something related?

Or is it because dressing up is fun?

Just curious~

Tomacawk

Smash Master
D

Deleted member

knee and n-air gets eaten by ness's f-air

so you

wait for ness's f-air to end, like you wait for marth to finish swinging his sword

grab and ****

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the debate about whether fox/falco/sheik is tougher matchup boils down to how to play really.

if you need to be able to move freely and your style revolves around DDing and camping, sheik and falco are gonna be tough cuz atleast fox lets you do whatever you want as long as he's not actually hitting you.

if you're style (like mine) revolves around platform movement wavedashing/landing then you would find the falco matchup eaiser cuz his movement on platforms is kinda awkward and lasers dont bother you much.

and if you cant consistently sdi the jab techchase, you probably hate sheik.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
knee and n-air gets eaten by ness's f-air

so you

wait for ness's f-air to end, like you wait for marth to finish swinging his sword

grab and ****
can ness do any quick attack out of a whiffed aerial to foil this plot? (such as marf utilt, or ganon jab, or fox/flaco shine)

ORLY

Smash Master
Regarding the Ness match-up, I've never really seen any difficulty with it. You can chain grab him, aerial combo the hat right off his head, and there's not a lot he can do to prevent you from edge-guarding.

As it's been succinctly said, "grab to ****".

tubes

Smash Ace
So this question is directed at Scar. When your comboing people, do you notice their % and use your knowledge of what tends to work at that % or do you mostly just "go with the flow"? I know every falcon should memorize certain percentages like when to start u-throwing marth, but to what extent should we use percentages to determine what combos to do?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I need halp. Is there a way when reading people with dairs to make the chances of guessing where theyre roll easier? like is double jumping before theyre about to roll better? since you can land right where they are. idk.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i get back to america and no longer have a home in the falcon boards

scar how do i get my tech skill back/tech skill for the first time
good **** coming back bigD

g-reg asked me the same question so what i'm gonna do is produce a video next week on how to be as technical as i am with CF
So this question is directed at Scar. When your comboing people, do you notice their % and use your knowledge of what tends to work at that % or do you mostly just "go with the flow"? I know every falcon should memorize certain percentages like when to start u-throwing marth, but to what extent should we use percentages to determine what combos to do?
wow that's a really good question

i'd have to say that i just generally KNOW what % they are at but i think that i have a really good understanding of hitstun at certain %s, but you can really react to the trajectory and hitstun animation and sound and figure out how long you have to get there and get a move out

i go with the flow more than anything but out of throws i do do my best to take note of the % and react accordingly, the only one i know for sure though is that marth gets combo'd by uthrow uair at like 31% and peach gets combo'd by FJ FF nair if she gets dthrown at 0% and DIs in

Can i ask a non CF related question?

Scar when you went to that princeton invitational on the first night, did you come straight from work or something related?

Or is it because dressing up is fun?

Just curious~
both

west coast

D

Deleted member

Hey Magus420

I was wondering if you knew the mechanics of move staleing/unstaleing

for example, Falcon's stomp ONLY grounds Fox/Falco at 0 percent on the first 16% stomp. I know that repeated use causes them to stale, but I'm wondering how many other moves you need to unstale them

thanks

do moves unstale over time, losing a stock? very unsure, I tried to test with weird results

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
What's with people prefering to fight Shiek/Fox than Falco???

Fox and Shiek have ridiculous things against Falcon, Falco just has the generic Falco combo stuff that he does on everyone.
Falco has lazorz too but he can't shoot them if you knee him in the face before they come out.

Scar, it seemed you had trouble vs Mango (like everyone I guess lol) but do you find that to be a hard match up? Or was it just mango being good? Do you and Jeff/SS trade tips on that match up? He seems to have it down pretty good with the double Falco Zhu/Mango combo in the top of WC.
Just curious to if you're working on that or just had a bad few matches etc. :\

Welcome to WC btw :)

Ness has utilt and it's mean sometimes if you jump into it after his wiffied Fair :D

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Scar in general what would be the best way to apprach an opponent? im not the best, I usually just side-b ( i know thats bad and predictable) or i'll wait for opponent to move, then sheild grab, or SH>Dair and SH>Nair
and SH>Knee, and of course jc grab>techchase>****
any tips?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
vs falco

sheild/dodge lasers til he gets bored

nair OoS to beat his approach (laser-> watever. insert nair after laser)
combo
knee or somthing???
profit.

just beat him to the punch

tubes

Smash Ace
Scar in general what would be the best way to apprach an opponent? im not the best, I usually just side-b ( i know thats bad and predictable) or i'll wait for opponent to move, then sheild grab, or SH>Dair and SH>Nair
any tips?
Well I'm not Scar but generally spacing nairs works alright as something you can not potentially get 0-deathed for attempting.

Lately I've been wondering if it's actually possible for Falcon to hit a standing Fox with nair using the tip of his foot. It seems as though the first kick goes over his head unless you space it a little closer than I would like to.

Scar

#HarveyDent
good **** doc
any tips?
at least you know sideB is bad

yeah if you can bait shieldgrabs you're in a good position

to paraphrase from the book of g-reg, you have to look like you're going to attack when in actually you aren't going to at all. baiting shieldgrabs is great but if you can put people in their shield just by your movement you're doing it right

watch vids and see how often good falcons approach. it's like never, unless it's me vs tec0 in which case i'm a ****** and jump at him all the time

Top Bottom