• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I was joking about FD. Though it is an interesting point regarding top players and how there gap in skill warps their options, at least from a striking perspective. Also Noobking, Wish I had gotten to play you at EVO. I was that fraud Falcon from the Hotel room the day before.
"fraud falcon?" lol. Not sure. I met SOOO many people at EVO. Were you in the room that M2K was playing in? Might have seen you there. I was playing with the moon and that good japanese falco player. ***** him on FD ironically, LOL. Did so bad in singles though. Didn't even make it out of day 1 =(. If EVO hosts melee again, I'll def come. I'm also going to Pacific northwest majors 4 in May. COME!!!

Anyways, I need to work on my edgeguarding game vs falco. I've been watching SOOO much of hax vs spacies lately. I'm just not quite fast enough to do some of the things he does. x__X

EDIT: Gravy: one day Hax will beat PP. He came close at EVO.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't matter what level you reach IMO, falcon loses to spacies the worst on FD.
nope, FoD is way more unfair vs non ****ty foxes

FD has no platforms for possible escape/ makes for easier edgeguarding, so if your tech chase game is on point you can sometimes win

FoD you have no ****ing choice but to take it. No bans bo5 is complete bull **** because that stage is a free win unless the fox ur playing against doesn't know how to abuse the stage/ they suck ass

vs falco, FD/FoD though might not be god awful, sometimes you will see good falcons Cp to FD, which to me is a surprising choice but it could be ok. (hax vs pp at evo)

===

for fun, heres my personal tier list vs fox and falco

Fox and Falco:

Battlefield - Even
Dreamland- Even, but it can favor really ghey spacies sometimes. Terrible stage if you blow chunks at edgeguarding
Stadium- Usually even, but a string of bad transformations can **** you over/ seal the deal if you're behind. A gamble stage
FD- Even only if Falcon tech chases good, otherwise you will get ****ed up
Yoshi's- Even if the spacey blows, bad if they are good
FoD- unwinnable vs fox, bad vs falco

Last edited by a moderator:

gravy

Smash Ace
I think the FOD thing is player dependent. I, as a player, am much more comfortable there than any spacie will be due to my shield drops/constant practice on that stage.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
I think the FOD thing is player dependent. I, as a player, am much more comfortable there than any spacie will be due to my shield drops/constant practice on that stage.
hey gravy, is it viable to punish a space animal utilt with a shield drop uair through a low platform on fod before they have a chance to shield/do another utilt?

also, are there any uses for lightshield -> shield drop?

gravy

Smash Ace
On a low platform you can punish utilt all the time with shield drop uair. Honestly though I don't know if people just aren't adapting to me with shield, but I know they can't utilt again. To be honest though, it's super easy to just shield drop tomahawk if they start shielding. Also, light shielding for me just protects me from getting shield stabbed, and I can generally still punish. The most noticable example is Marths utilt.

D

Deleted member

Shield dropping on FoD sounds good and all, but to me a camping fox under a slightly raised platform is a nightmare, it really limits your options. if you get a grab, your punish options are also limited by that platform as well

I can win vs most foxes, but cunning players like Silent Wolf will take a dump on my face, its not fair

also, follow me on twitter at @S2JFALCON i want more followers than westballz lmfao

Balance

The Boss
Hey guys, I'm just now learning Falcon and had a quick question about knee/uair combo after uthrows. It feels like theirs a lot of lag after the throw, giving enough time for opponent to recover before I can perform my attack. Am I missing something? Is there some way to cut down on lag after throw to help perform the combo, or are you just at the mercy of waiting for that exact second when the lag ends and you can move?

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm just now learning Falcon and had a quick question about knee/uair combo after uthrows. It feels like theirs a lot of lag after the throw, giving enough time for opponent to recover before I can perform my attack. Am I missing something? Is there some way to cut down on lag after throw to help perform the combo, or are you just at the mercy of waiting for that exact second when the lag ends and you can move?
Have to wait, move as soon as you're able.

Remember what characters and percent ranges these combos may or may not work on.

Zone

Smash Champion
Have to wait, move as soon as you're able.

Remember what characters and percent ranges these combos may or may not work on.
I'd just like to add, that different character weights matter on how soon you can act after up-throw.

Zone

Smash Champion
That's incorrect. Dthrow is weight dependent, uthrow is not.
Some throws ignore weight class? I was always under the impression it affected it because of how good I can instant up air Marth after a up-throw, other characters not as well.

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
I wanna have a pocket falcon, I respect the **** outta this character and I wanna know, what is all the falcon specific tech I need to learn? I can already moonwalk, SHFFL, wavedash, waveland, and gentlemen. What am I missing? Also I wanna buy an emerald controller, since Isai used to play emerald, for falcon, and I wanna know what color controllers are good/bad for falcon?

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I wanna have a pocket falcon, I respect the **** outta this character and I wanna know, what is all the falcon specific tech I need to learn? I can already moonwalk, SHFFL, wavedash, waveland, and gentlemen. What am I missing? Also I wanna buy an emerald controller, since Isai used to play emerald, for falcon, and I wanna know what color controllers are good/bad for falcon?
This is something I worked on a while ago: http://smashboards.com/threads/captain-falcon-trials-for-newer-and-expert-falcons.344677/
Now that I finally have a working 20XX, I'm bringing ideas together to add more to it.

Top Bottom