• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
...round the mountain when he comes

YOOHAH

he'll be 2 to the power 7 degrees around the mountain when he comes.

Bring some other perthians mic.

Looking forward to seeing you again :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll probably make a new topic for this, BUT.
(CAO approved), this will be how BRAWL POOLS will be SEEDED.

There are to be three tiers of seeds. Each containing up to 10 players.

Tier One will consist of optimally 5 Melbourne players and 5 out of staters. These are to be the higher echelon players based on power rankings, national attendance, etc. Placement in this 'tier' is highly contested, and for out of staters (NSW/QLD) will probably only be available to the top 2 ranked players.

Tier Two will consist of up to 10 out of state players, those who are considered highly in their rankings (NSW/QLD) or high level in general (other states).

Tier Three, in same 'priority' as Tier 2, will have up to 10 Melbourne players, who are considered highly in their tournament results or Power Rankings if created in time.

The seeding process here gives over all priority to up to five high-level (but in a national scale maybe not worthy of 'top 10') melbourne players. Keeping the 5 (or so) top contenders from out of state away from the best contenders from Victoria/Melbourne.

As entry into the bracket is going to be 2 players per pool, the purpose of Tier 2 and Tier 3 is to have the high level out of staters contend directly with the high level melbourne players, presuming that all Tier 1 players will make it through the pools; and one of either Tier 2 or Tier 3 player will go through. Of course with current bracket size growing to possibly 32, pools may either be increased to 3 entrees into the bracket per pool, or pool numbers increased to compensate (from approximately 10 pools to 16.. or close to 10).
The most likely occurance would be increased pool numbers, as pools of 8 may be considered too high.
In the situation of 10 pools it will remain one tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3 player each.
In the situation of more pools (approximately 16), one of the tier types won't exist in said pool. This will be fun to seed 'fairly'.

Pools are to be released on Thursday, October 1st. Rankings/Power Rankings and most attendance numbers should be confirmed by the weekend prior (26/27th of September).

Placement in each tier will be based on Rankings, and hopefully mostly impartial. Tier 1 Melbourne branch will be decided by Melbourne (their Power Ranking committee, if one is created, or CAO/someone similar), Out of State will be decided myself, with various CAO input, luckily based on the various Power Rankings the other states have atm :D
Tier 2 will be supplemented with remainding out of state attendees, preference given to high ranked/power ranked players (and the number from each state being a ***** *sigh*)
Tier 3 will be all melbourne's decision.

After the definition of each Tier, pools will be decided by CAO and myself, or just randomly generated, lolololol.

<3 to all

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
yeah been playing scribblenauts all day XP

btw the tier things are lame =P i am against it. but dont want to agrue so cbf
rather than just saying its bad, how about you say nothing or provide a better alternative

also it sounds decent, but a little overly complex in a way

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I recommend just choosing not to think about it and just let things run its course. Much easier that way!

kupo

Smash Lord
Pools to be randomly generated. And a few changes here and there. Think it may be to biased if you were to make "most" of the changes :p.

Oh hell, its just brawlawl! Who am I to say such things! RIIIIIGS! (jk)

I am very interested to see the stuff for melee. Would this also be played at the same format too? I didnt look through the previous pages. Quote for me if there is :p.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah i would provide an alternative but cbf and its fine aslong as majority are happy with it. its how i feel but yeah i guess it really didn't need to be said. but dont want to do a one liner..

just hope tier 3 doesn't get owned up by a random elite
i want to vs people harder than me aswell. since i am like the bottom of the barrell. think ide learn more from matches against pros. but yeah ill follow cao and trust it works out =D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
For most part the pools are going to be randomly generated. There's going to be about 20-25 seeded people, and the remaining 50 or so randomly generated into a pool. Melee will go through the same procedure. Interstaters will also be separated by region.

Gords

Smash Champion
is there going to be any smash related activities on the thursday and friday night before rocky, and if so what, when and where.

@ DJBrowny
have you organised accomadation yet and if so and it is a backpackers/hostel which one.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
In most pools there will be a tier 1, 2, and 3 player present. CAO and I have talked it over, and with current numbers we'll have 12 pools. So only 2/3 pools at max may be deemed 'easier' than the majority.
The difference between tier 2 and 3 is neglible other than the 'home state' criteria (maybe they should be renamed Tier 2a and Tier 2b...)

I sux at words, I don't think it's too complicated at all :).

Jei, Power Rankings would be better, going over the Ranbats, Cobalt is like what? 10th? VUGHH. Anyone not on the ranbats wouldn't really have reason to enter tier 1 or 3 though.

This system is something I thought up. I'm open to critiques.
CAO said he'll be using it for melee as well.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pools to be randomly generated. And a few changes here and there. Think it may be to biased if you were to make "most" of the changes :p.

Oh hell, its just brawlawl! Who am I to say such things! RIIIIIGS! (jk)

I am very interested to see the stuff for melee. Would this also be played at the same format too? I didnt look through the previous pages. Quote for me if there is :p.
Zomfg, EM! *wave*

tibs7

Smash Champion
are there flyers being made for this? if so give em to me to spread the goodness =)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
At current pre-registration numbers, we have decided at 12 pools.
This should equate to 6 people per pool.

Any "late arrivers" will be put into those 12 pools.

This is why it's drastically important to pre-register and confirm attendance.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
are there flyers being made for this? if so give em to me to spread the goodness =)
Yeah I'm running a batch tomorrow so I can give them to you to distribute like crazy :)

I also have A3's which I call dibs on the city bollards (pending approval from the Hotel first)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Way to go! I'll print off a couple hundred to pass on to promoters this STIGMA-B. Very much appreciated!

Also...

LESS THAN 1 MONTH TO GO...

It's time to call upon the power of the Greater Melbourne Smash Community...

WE NEED EVERYTHING!!!!!!

- TV'S (14-20 Required)

- WIIS / GAMECUBES (Do NOT be slack with this! We always end up having more TV's than console setups... HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?)

- BRAWL / MELEE (Just bring it even if you think someone is going to. Don't fall into that trap of a sense of security that doesn't exist!)

- RECORDING DEVICES (camcorders, we already have DVD-R)

So yeah, this tournament will only be as good as the support everyone else puts into it. I trust yall. <3

Top Bottom