• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Alu doesn't hate m2k. what he hates is that he didn't come because he chose to go to a brawl tournament. It wasn't that he had a life or anything. He had multiple ride offers, including my driver, but he turned them down unless they would stay til sunday and go up then, because he wanted to go to C3, a monthly brawl tournament in VA. He wanted the money on saturday and could have gotten more by then going up to rom on sunday and playing then.

So basically what alu is saying is m2k not being there is his own **** fault. No one's going to drive him on sunday, because that would mean they can't enter the tourney (pools day 1). Ie had my group stayed we would have driven 4 and a half hours to play friendlies. It's too bad m2k wasn't there, but he could have chosen to come. He chose not to. He chose money over playing melee.

Also, the word is not whose, it's "who was" , or who's if you're in present tense.
nugguhhh what u saying bro is if he went to ROM he'd make money on first para, but on the 2nd u saying he choose money over melee? What da, were you one of Mango's drunk buddy?:confused:

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
ugh I am so upset at how my round 2 pool turned out. I lost one set between both of my singles pools, got a huge personal win, and I didn't make it to bracket. :(

KAGE!!!! When you did down throw to up-smash on jiggly puff, I was so happy.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I think when you're talking about beating the best player in the world, who has not lost 2 sets to the same person since mid 2007, has not lost a serious tournament since who knows when, and who can arguably be considered one of the most dominant players in melee's history...

...it is completely out of the question.
Mango in general skill and abilities
Mango >>> Kage

Mango hates Ganon
Mango >> Kage

Kage loves Puff
Mango > Kage

Kage was absolutely on fire
Mango = Kage

And then depending on the stage Mango either > = or < Kage..

Is Kage the best player in the world for coming out on top? Of course not, the matchup contributed a great deal to his win. But it wasn't a fluke.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
this situation reminds me of me vs hax at shell shocked. hax was gonna win the tourney and beat everyone, he ***** eggm in a MM before the tourney and wouldve torn chus ic's apart, but he had to play me TWICE in winners and losers, and got 4th at the tourney cuz i like fighting falcon and he hates sheik.

hax was probably outplaying me that day, but variables allowed me to win, and hax got 4th. if he wouldve not played me, he prolly would've won the tourney.

same could be true with mango in this situation if he never played kage, but we will never know

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Kage is **** because he just came in and read through everyone's bs about mango sandbagging/not 100% and then still basically said GG's I played my best and did what I could. THE WARRIOR.

curiousthoughtsbear

Smash Apprentice
hmm mango wasn't really playing technically bad....he just got outclassed/outgamed. So on that day he got beat....no johns.

Oh yeah, btw, what happened to NO JOHNS.

Let the hypers hype, "better to speak softly and carry a big stick." TR, MOTHER FCUKERS

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Kage is a man for doing well and being cool about it.

Nobody's perfect, we'll see how Mang0 does next tournament.

Hungrybox and DRPP kicked ***. South is too good!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Hugs is absolutely right.

Many people (presumably outside of WC) want Mango's reign to end that they blindly take every loss he has and make it a bigger deal than what it is.

As if Mango is above having a bad game. As if Mango is above being inconsistent, that every match he plays in tournament is him at his full potential. Kage is nowhere near Mango's level and even though Kage's win was legit, it's safe to assume that Mango was most certainly not at his best. It's really that simple.

Kage's performance wasn't nearly as good as Armada's at Genesis. Kage played well but people really need to calm down.
Not gonna lie, I love Melee but it isn't as fun as it used to be for me, plus I don't have time long story short my only way to be interested in Melee is 2 watch U PRO's play.

Reason Y I shared info about myself which no1 prob cares about Cuz I'm jus pointin out that even tho I'm not involved in this game as much as other people and since I'm merely involved the main pattern I notice is MANGO committing **** CRIMES all the time.

So Excuse me when some1 randomly comes in and beats him even tho it aint M2K, Hbox or DSW like most people would have predicted possible. Respect 2 KAGE, Respect to Hbox for reppin FL!!! Respect to Mango for continually being the best. Respect to M2K for being the legend that he is. And thank you all for keeping Melee interesting.

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Amazing stuff.

Hbox for winning, PP for being a monster. Upsets overall were crazy.

Wearing a rockcrock name tag was A LOT of fun.

null55

Smash Master
if dreams are reality, yes.

PP should have won this. He's def the best ever.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I would love to get that title under my username. ^_^

Edit because I thought of something: Anything is possible, you just have to believe with everything you have that you can do it! =D
Is that your Nindo?

Either way Good stuff on your part for doing as well as you did. I mean when you go to tourneys and try your best you can't help but get better. People seem to forget Mew2king and Mango for that matter getting JV4-stocked and 3-stocked consistantly by other players when they first came to the scene. (I got that experience myself...I NEVER want to play PC's Peach again!!!!!) With time and dedication a Link or a Luigi may win the next ROM. who knows.

Had fun. I cant wait to meet more of you at the next tourney I go to. Probably being pound.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Awsome tournament. Really really hard, almost everyone that came was beast. I'll post shoutouts when alukard or scar hooks us up with a full results page. On one note though, you mother ****ing smash community people need to grow up. Stop acting all innocent and friendly, **** you guys. Someone stole my copy of melee out my cube within an hour of me being there on DAY 1, and the thing is, THERE WAS A HUGE *** LABLE ON MY CUBE AND GAME DISC THAT SAID CHAIN-ACE. Last time I bring a setup.

As for kage and mango, no johns! Just shutup and enjoy the videos to come. I remember similar situations happening with mew2king, but results are results!

:)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Awsome tournament. Really really hard, almost everyone that came was beast. I'll post shoutouts when alukard or scar hooks us up with a full results page. On one note though, you mother ****ing smash community people need to grow up. Stop asking all innocent and friendly, **** you guys. Someone stole my copy of melee out my cube within an hour of me being there on DAY 1, and the thing is, THERE WAS A HUGE *** LABLE ON MY CUBE AND GAME DISC THAT SAID CHAIN-ACE. Last time I bring a setup.

As for kage and mango, no johns! Just shutup and enjoy the videos to come. I remember similar situations happening with mew2king, but results are results!

I know what ya mean. I had someone steal everything of mine, except the TV and one set of cords that belonged to it....why would you only steal half the cords? >_<

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Come to Saffron City! Dec 5th :D :D
Where is that? If I can I'll be there!

Awsome tournament. Really really hard, almost everyone that came was beast. I'll post shoutouts when alukard or scar hooks us up with a full results page. On one note though, you mother ****ing smash community people need to grow up. Stop acting all innocent and friendly, **** you guys. Someone stole my copy of melee out my cube within an hour of me being there on DAY 1, and the thing is, THERE WAS A HUGE *** LABLE ON MY CUBE AND GAME DISC THAT SAID CHAIN-ACE. Last time I bring a setup.

****ed up that someone stole your **** man. I had fun playing you though. We need to play more. I need much work on my falco match-ups anyway. Fox/Falco **** my shield and I usually get ***** trying to shield grab..:urg:. Still it was fun good matches.

D1

Mango's a true champ took the loss like a man and for the rest of the night @ Hazz's crib us nor the WC+Hazz/Reno/and I never even talked about it. Its like whatever, try harder, better, faster, stronger next time.

The car ride back to Hazz's was legit god****...no one except the Mystery Machine/Green Machine/Wishy Washy crew knows about THE REHAAA!!!!

Also thanks much to G$ for the ride back and I hope you get home safe Mang0, Lucky, HMW, E.B.!!! Teams last night was too fun, and so was singles friendlies, ya'll nigz are hella chill.

And thanks to everyone who liked my commentary I tried not to go on a tangent, and talk about randomness. Papa Dave, Waffles, and Hazz, Prog, were amazing behind the counter...oh yeah and how can I forget DJ? Haha it was fun.

I'm gonna do official shoutouts later, everyone is too awesome and I can't leave anyone out.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
there will always be haters no mater what community. it'll just hype up pound 4. difference between the communities is that melee community plays a respectable game :p LOL

AllyKnight

there will always be haters no mater what community. it'll just hype up pound 4. difference between the communities is that melee community plays a respectable game :p LOL
lol makes em both bad then, cept Brawl ITSELF (the game) is boring, :laugh:

edit: nvm u win this one. KAGE RAPESSSSS
edit2: lol melee ppl reacting in less than 3 mins XD.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I thought you were just trying to get a rise out of the Melee community comparing them to the Brawl community.

And if you're just now realizing people complain about people losing then where have you been?

Like PC said. There will always be haters. Mango lost. Whatever. Let's play some smash

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
I herd MELEE community are ****ing johning cuz Kage gave the ****. Wow Melee community pretty close to Brawl no? yeah
you're kinda stupid =/

anywho, this tournament was **** good, sad I couldn't stay till the end day 2 but I got to see a lot of the goodness on the live channel. gonna wait for results thread

Banks

Smash Hero
this tourney was a sack-tappin good time.

i want to see all the vids, cuz it's hard to watch two tvs at the same time when you are there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom