• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

*CT*

Smash Lord
and then he tries to pull the i'm a pro lemme into brackets bullsh*t. I mean i'm like 100% sure that m2k would have made brackets because i made brackets. On the other hand i am probably the most reasonable T O on the EC. This is competition and just like mango lost whether he sandbagged, got *****, got drunk at the hotel, etc. IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE.

Grow up and Suck it!!!
I <3 you?

I know its just been finished but when do you think the brackets will be up, or are they already up somewhere >.<

PP= Purple pants, I'm getting you some PP

Banks

Smash Hero
Good times guys, this tournament was tough.

shoutout to everyone. c u in the results thread

and toasty, i definitely did not take anything out of your bag. scout's honor!

Alukard

Smash Hero
lolol at the boring matches ... but high level any character is fun for me to watch ... thats why i picked up like everything cuz i like to see those characters beat the **** out of other things lol .... anyway i'm kinda tired ... but i want to debate and talk and stuff since all i could do at rom was run it -___-

god i can't wait for pound so i can have fun and chill with everyone lol

i'll read everything some other time ... and shout outs results will be up when i get the chance to ... i dunno when that can be because i'm a busy dude LOL

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I love Mango, but he cant hold his liquor for ****.

PROPS KAGE.

You are a beast.

Mango needed to lose, smash just got interesting again.

All I gotta say now is "GET 'EM MANGO!"

Cuz Mango is gunna ****in step it up now I bet.

Yeah

Kage beating Mango has OFFICIALLY MADE MELEE INTERESTING AGAIN!!!

All that there was beforehand was Hbox vs M2K n wether M2K could beat Mango, which he could....Or I had hoped, which kept me entertained w/ Melee. But NOW....

Now I dont have to wait until POUND 4 more interesting Melee Stuff :-)

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
**** betting $ hugo
lets just send all the WC sheiks out to pound 4
someone gotta **** kage up
probably kira

Milos

Smash Lord
i dont think armada is better than me

this is m2k
ok but my point stands that character choice can play just as much of a role in entertainment value as skill at the game.

what i really meant was the set between armada and mango was mad close and crazy because hardly anyone expected him to do that good, but your set with shiz from rom was way more fun to watch because there was more to keep track on on the screen

and when im watching melee i am concious of the spacing and mindgames and stuff, but i need fast paced gameplay to compensate for the lack of personal involvement (ie I'm not playing right now so my mind is half as engaged as it would be if it were me on the screen)

the fun in watching matches inherently comes from seeing what decisions people make and then thinking about what you would've done in the same situation in a perfect world where you're as good or better than the people you're watching. it's just more fun to do that at a fast pace when matches are moving along nicely and providing lots of food for thought.

and brian, the sets at this tourney overall were far from boring, like i said some of the best there will ever be. i'm more just ranting that im sick of not being able to watch an entire bracket without getting to the top 8 and realizing that nearly half of them main jigglypuff

she's such a stupid ****

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
canada only had universal health care on us
now that us americans close to getting it
they needed something up on us

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping a full bracket will get posted.

We may not get everyone's matches, but its still interesting to see who beat who.

This whole tourny sounds ridiculous. I can't wait for the vids.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I was there, but i had to leave around 6, so i missed some stuff. Ie kage vs. mango lolzzz

That'll teach him to drink and vomit the night before a tourney.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Hugs is absolutely right.

Many people (presumably outside of WC) want Mango's reign to end that they blindly take every loss he has and make it a bigger deal than what it is.

As if Mango is above having a bad game. As if Mango is above being inconsistent, that every match he plays in tournament is him at his full potential. Kage is nowhere near Mango's level and even though Kage's win was legit, it's safe to assume that Mango was most certainly not at his best. It's really that simple.

Kage's performance wasn't nearly as good as Armada's at Genesis. Kage played well but people really need to calm down.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
ok first of all ... who the f*ck are you? Second of all i just got home and looked at the last post to see wat page it was on and i was going to go all the way back and read it all, hoping to see lots of hype and happiness and rivalry sh*t talk. Then i come to your post and i see m2k is "blatantly banned" from rom2.

m2k posted a while ago that he didn't want to attend or wasn't planning to ... and then randomly he wanted to attend after he found out it was going to be huge so i tried to find him a ride and there were a couple of people who agreed to bring him. What did m2k do?? ... he didn't even bother to call some of the rides and/or canceled with all of them ... and there were like 2-3 or so i hear.

and then he tries to pull the i'm a pro lemme into brackets bullsh*t. I mean i'm like 100% sure that m2k would have made brackets because i made brackets. On the other hand i am probably the most reasonable T O on the EC. This is competition and just like mango lost whether he sandbagged, got *****, got drunk at the hotel, etc. IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE.

Grow up and Suck it!!!
ok yeah i don't enter much tournaments so i'm pretty much unknown. you sound like you really hate m2k. aren't you east coast? is there something m2k did that i don't know about to make the community hate him so much? whose the one who made that detailed stat list you could look up whenever you were curious about optimizing your combos, and learning which moves for your character is better? whose the one who moved to midwest but still said he'd play for east coast for crews in major tournies? who always takes 10+stocks in crews to ensure east coast untouchability? maybe he had personal **** to deal with so he planned not to go? i mean he IS a human with a life after all, he isn't east coast's little smash robot that was born to multistock everyone. maybe realized he might have been able to make it after all and wanted to come to try to redeem himself to the east knowing that he might have to suffer yet another loss to mango in a long losing streak. he used to be oh-i'll-****-ken type of cocky until everyone hated him for it, so he humbled up but still no one likes him so he's emo. yeah i'm west coast but i respect m2k for his hard work and study for this game. its because he studied the game intensively that he is(was? brawl?) able to hit timing windows with marth no one else could. and he said himself that he isn't naturally talented at all like ken or mango, he just worked his *** off to learn enough about the game to multistock even the most talented and technical mother****ers who play this game. he has done so much its about time people give him props even if it isn't from his own coast. **** the regionism crap i respect players who study the game in depth and practice their *** off.

on a hypocritical-to-my-last-post note remember at genesis when shiz was playing on the projector and no one could beat him to kick him out? mango kicked him out and was stuck on the projector for a while. wasn't it kage that kicked mango out shortly after?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
its settled

crew battle at pound 4

team pro-mango

vs

team pro-kage

we got this hugs
Umm.. why is this needed? ...

I think when you're talking about beating the best player in the world, who has not lost 2 sets to the same person since mid 2007, has not lost a serious tournament since who knows when, and who can arguably be considered one of the most dominant players in melee's history...

...it is completely out of the question.

LoL ok look, instead of me arguing with you all about this, why don't we do this.

Anyone who would like to place a bet against me in a Kage vs Mango rematch, any amount, let me know.

I'll be putting my money on Mango.

Any takers?
It was legit right? I should be getting all kinds of bets on this one.
I'll probably lose ya, however it doesn't hurt to try. =P I did what I could, I guess I played well vs Mango and then beat him twice but then ya PP rocked me pretty hard, he capitalized on punish much harder than I could. On those matches, I was missing too many wavelands which hurt a lot and I got too nervous at that point. But ya, ****.. Hbox kicked my *** and PP kicked my *** oh well.. It was good ****.. and I'm a noob lol, hard matchups too.

I just love the game/my character and I love to compete and it creates a good mix.. and with all that I can do well with lots of training.

Also, the players that said I'm suddenly a best player in the world.. no way.. I'm probably not top 10 yet, maybe top 20 but you know I do what I can and I have super fun, if things like me beating Mango happens then it happens.. what else can you do after? Maybe my style was suited against his but however my style didn't work at all vs Hbox. I just try my best. If I fail then I fail, simple as that, I accept it then move on.. continue MMs or friendlies or training whatever.

Trashtalk: You guys are just jealous because you would never in your life be able to do what I did, LOL =P

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I was going to say something that could be mildly negative on Kage but after reading his own post on the whole thing I can't bring myself to do it...

ffffffck

Nakamaru

Smash Master
ROM2 was the ****. Good **** for throwing another awesome tournament Alucard. Good **** kage on beating mango and getting 3rd.

Shout outs later. See you guys in results thread.

Just Sexed

Smash Ace

I'll probably lose ya, however it doesn't hurt to try. =P I did what I could, I guess I played well vs Mango and then beat him twice but then ya PP rocked me pretty hard, he capitalized on punish much harder than I could. On those matches, I was missing too many wavelands which hurt a lot and I got too nervous at that point. But ya, ****.. Hbox kicked my *** and PP kicked my *** oh well.. It was good ****.. and I'm a noob lol, hard matchups too.

I just love the game/my character and I love to compete and it creates a good mix.. and with all that I can do well with lots of training.

Also, the players that said I'm suddenly a best player in the world.. no way.. I'm probably not top 10 yet, maybe top 20 but you know I do what I can and I have super fun, if things like me beating Mango happens then it happens.. what else can you do after? Maybe my style was suited against his but however my style didn't work at all vs Hbox. I just try my best. If I fail then I fail, simple as that, I accept it then move on.. continue MMs or friendlies or training whatever.

Trashtalk: You guys are just jealous because you would never in your life be able to do what I did, LOL =P
This guy is great good sportsmanship man.

More smashers should be like kage but sadly too many kids get butthurt :p

The Newb

Smash Ace
This guy is great good sportsmanship man.

More smashers should be like kage but sadly too many kids get butthurt :p
I agree completely. You've just gotta take what you get and do with it what you can. All dickriding aside, Kage is, if nothing else, a great sport; a quality that is severely lacking not only in this particular community, but in society as a whole. Good **** @ Kage.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord

You may be good kage but XD I will always be the king of darkness. :bee: Good job beating mango dude!!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Just so everyone knows, HomeMadeWaffles used my computer to live stream on Justin.tv and he recorded everything onto his laptop. So it will be his channel to upload most of the vids. My channel won't have any vids from RoM.

I am pretty sure Mogwai Scar and Prog and others have vids to put up.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Good **** Pakman, I was just about to ask.

Kage just ***** this thread, you're amazing. Congrats to him and everyone else who placed. I'm dyinggg to see Kage/Dr.PP/Hbox/Mang0/etc vids. Mad hype!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
ok yeah i don't enter much tournaments so i'm pretty much unknown. you sound like you really hate m2k. aren't you east coast? is there something m2k did that i don't know about to make the community hate him so much? blah blah blah blah blah
Alu doesn't hate m2k. what he hates is that he didn't come because he chose to go to a brawl tournament. It wasn't that he had a life or anything. He had multiple ride offers, including my driver, but he turned them down unless they would stay til sunday and go up then, because he wanted to go to C3, a monthly brawl tournament in VA. He wanted the money on saturday and could have gotten more by then going up to rom on sunday and playing then.

So basically what alu is saying is m2k not being there is his own **** fault. No one's going to drive him on sunday, because that would mean they can't enter the tourney (pools day 1). Ie had my group stayed we would have driven 4 and a half hours to play friendlies. It's too bad m2k wasn't there, but he could have chosen to come. He chose not to. He chose money over playing melee.

Also, the word is not whose, it's "who was" , or who's if you're in present tense.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Erm, I'm as happy for Kage as the next guy, but good stuff Hungrybox for getting first!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
so there were 3 jiggs in the top 5.

i know we liked to say it was only mango cuz hes so good

now hbox

and darc whenever he goes to ****

new...tier list!?

jiggs? top 4 best chars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom