• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
can we at least use a good john for mango like cali having no ganon reps and mango not knowing the matchup? if we're gonna john, make it a good one as opposed to ganon somehow castinng jellen/zalure on jigglypuff(cookies if you get the reference!) and mango being ' weakened.
PLUR just made a PSO reference.

I think know I love you even more now.

HugS™

Smash Lord
And aside from blatant remarks of Kage being the best player in the world,

I couldn't comprehend how anyone was saying that Mango was playing his best. I'm gonna have to say something about that. Why would anyone expect otherwise from someone as WC loyal as me.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
ggs all. i had fun watching the stream for a bit, so thanks to everyone who made that possible.

on the matter of kage v. mango, pc chris knows best.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
hugs is right that if u beat the best player in the world twice, and only take #3 at the tourny, there is something wrong with the best player in the world rather then kage ******. you guys say that hugs is dickriding mango but you guys are dickriding kage. so when hugs wants to make a bet your all backpeddling like oh just cuz he won once legit doesn't mean he will win again for sure. thats cuz we all know mango will sober up and **** kage hard. pretty sure if m2k wasn't blatantly banned from this tourny he woulda bodied everyone with the exception of maybe mango.
nobody is back pedaling. mango is consistently proven as the best. majority believes he can come back and beat kage. that doesn't take away from kage getting the best of him this day and with no b.s. johns on an asterisk. nobody is d-riding kage either, just congratulating him on a good win against who most if not all believe is the better player, mango.

mango was at his best till kage ganon f-aired the best out of him, and stole his soul....

yall act like mango struggled or had problems with any other player at this tourney other than kage lol.

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
Kage is god**** legit whether we want to look at the victory as a fluke or not.
This, I've been trying to put into words what I've been thinkin for a while, and this is pretty much it.

No one has been able to beat Mango since P3. Whether, hungover, sandbaggin, or playing crappy, Mango has still beaten everybody. So no matter what Mango was playing like today, its still mad impressive that Kage beat him, twice.

This is more about us being happy for Kage than thinking Mango has fallen from #1

Book!

Smash Journeyman
mango is the best player in the world, but for a few games kage was better. not sure how you can say mango was having an off day when he ran through lucky, cactuar, and jman in the space of a few minutes.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
mango is the best player in the world, but for a few games kage was better. not sure how you can say mango was having an off day when he ran through lucky, cactuar, and jman in the space of a few minutes.
I love Mango, but he cant hold his liquor for ****.

PROPS KAGE.

You are a beast.

Mango needed to lose, smash just got interesting again.

All I gotta say now is "GET 'EM MANGO!"

Cuz Mango is gunna ****in step it up now I bet.

Milos

Smash Lord
omg **** this mango and kage bull****

jiggs and ganon

what boring ****ing characters. holy **** i was soooo upset pp and mango didnt do falco dittos in losers finals.

i had to put up with ganon's fatass trotting around yoshi's story and brinstar doing 2 hit combos

seriously **** you mango

jigglypuff is gay and slow and boring to watch

ganon is too

dr. peepee is the ****ing business though, his sets vs lucky and jman were so much more hype than kage's sets with mango, until about 2 stocks into their last match when people started to realize kage might actually win

seriously **** all of you guys i love you but **** you

this is a game, play the FUN characters. ganon is debatable but seriously jiggs is in no way fun.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
i herd mango was on vacation till pound 4.
this was months and many tourny victories ago.

im scared.
omg **** this mango and kage bull****

jiggs and ganon

what boring ****ing characters. holy **** i was soooo upset pp and mango didnt do falco dittos in losers finals.

i had to put up with ganon's fatass trotting around yoshi's story and brinstar doing 2 hit combos

seriously **** you mango

jigglypuff is gay and slow and boring to watch

ganon is too

dr. peepee is the ****ing business though, his sets vs lucky and jman were so much more hype than kage's sets with mango, until about 2 stocks into their last match when people started to realize kage might actually win

seriously **** all of you guys i love you but **** you

this is a game, play the FUN characters. ganon is debatable but seriously jiggs is in no way fun.
cool story, bros.

Atlus8

Smash Master
not sure how you can say mango was having an off day when he ran through lucky, cactuar, and jman in the space of a few minutes.
QFT!!! Mango just doesn't know how to play against a great Ganon!

Let it be known that Mango had been getting first place at every singles tourny he entered for over a year and a half! That's pretty d@mn good!

Alukard

Smash Hero
hugs is right that if u beat the best player in the world twice, and only take #3 at the tourny, there is something wrong with the best player in the world rather then kage ******. you guys say that hugs is dickriding mango but you guys are dickriding kage. so when hugs wants to make a bet your all backpeddling like oh just cuz he won once legit doesn't mean he will win again for sure. thats cuz we all know mango will sober up and **** kage hard. pretty sure if m2k wasn't blatantly banned from this tourny he woulda bodied everyone with the exception of maybe mango.
ok first of all ... who the f*ck are you? Second of all i just got home and looked at the last post to see wat page it was on and i was going to go all the way back and read it all, hoping to see lots of hype and happiness and rivalry sh*t talk. Then i come to your post and i see m2k is "blatantly banned" from rom2.

m2k posted a while ago that he didn't want to attend or wasn't planning to ... and then randomly he wanted to attend after he found out it was going to be huge so i tried to find him a ride and there were a couple of people who agreed to bring him. What did m2k do?? ... he didn't even bother to call some of the rides and/or canceled with all of them ... and there were like 2-3 or so i hear.

and then he tries to pull the i'm a pro lemme into brackets bullsh*t. I mean i'm like 100% sure that m2k would have made brackets because i made brackets. On the other hand i am probably the most reasonable T O on the EC. This is competition and just like mango lost whether he sandbagged, got *****, got drunk at the hotel, etc. IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE.

Grow up and Suck it!!!

Milos

Smash Lord
^ you serious or trolling?
if you're talking to me im totally serious

honestly it wasnt nearly as fun to watch kage d throw up smash mango as it was to watch dr pp 0-95% jman all the way from the bottom of the grass transformation of pokemon stadium to the top and finish it with an up b

so sue me.

i was so hype tho

pp 0-deathed hbox one round

0-deathed JIGGS

Rayku

Smash Lord
All I can tell from Milos's post is that he only likes watching Space Animals play.

I prefer tournaments that I watch to have characters OTHER than Fox and Falco, thanks.

Alukard

Smash Hero
brian you are way too nice you gotta be an evil ******* like me... XD
ur not evil unless theres things i dont know about .. but ur wayyyy more strict then i am lol ... i think i let every pretty good player/top player ... play on live stream ...

btw ... i hope all those viewers are happy ... cuz i love the hype and upsets ... that somehow happen at RoMs

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
ur not evil unless theres things i dont know about .. but ur wayyyy more strict then i am lol ... i think i let every pretty good player/top player ... play on live stream ...

btw ... i hope all those viewers are happy ... cuz i love the hype and upsets ... that somehow happen at RoMs
Makes sense why I was never on the live stream setup then :laugh:

Milos

Smash Lord
Lol Milos. Do you have ADD? Kind of sounds like it rofl.
if i did, how would that have anything to do with it

i mean god, we all know that armada and mango are better than m2k and shiz and that yes their set was super hyped cause of genesis and europe and all

but pleeeeease tell me honestly that shiz vs m2k isnt 84308752 times more fun to watch then 8 minutes per match of turnips and back airs, and if you tell me the honest truth that you enjoy that more, then quit life and melee forever

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I enjoy...smash in general and I dont mind peach vs jiggs cause those matches were not about combos it was about spacing and mindgames :)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It means you don't like watching anything that doesn't involve repetitive combos and shining. I quite enjoyed armada vs mango, it was a battle of patience and capitalizing on mess ups. I play brawl as well though so I like those types of things (slow and patient games lol).

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
All I can tell from Milos's post is that he only likes watching Space Animals play.

I prefer tournaments that I watch to have characters OTHER than Fox and Falco, thanks.
I love character variety as much as the next guy.

But dude. Jason.

If you were there.

Omfg.

I lost my goddaaamn miiind [and voice] watching Dr. Peepee giving people the ****ing BUSINESS. So much hype. So much regional pride and craziness.

I mean.

I might not even be making any sense right now!

Like.

Imagine.

All of Tristate and East Coast chanting "STACK IT UP" during PP Vs. Lucky.

[and them being quiet when PP was puttin that **** in some *****es]

Jman got off, too, for sure. Like...wow, some REALLY good ****. But he choked/got shook/whatever. It happens. EDIT: I'd like to add "got dominated/overwhelmed/**** on" to that list of things that happened to Jman vs. PP ^_^]

lolllll sorry for cracked-out nonsensical post XD

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
MANGO LOST TO KAGE. GET *****.

GET. *****.

Oh my gods.

Shoutouts whenthe****everIgetmesomesleep.
Also, to Kage FOR DOUBLE BEATING MANGO GOOD ****.
And, to Mango, for being awesome. ONE DAY WE WILL PLAY. NO SANDBAGGING.

Milos

Smash Lord
and also

i never said armada vs mango wasnt fun to watch

but like how can you deny that in terms of watchability, as in when you're WATCHING and not PLAYING, shiz vs m2k was so much more fun.

and seriously, all i wanna see are repetitive shine combos? since when do like marth and falcon have a shine

there are plenty of characters that are fun to watch.

my point is that jiggs is definitely not near the top of that list, no matter who's using her

i mean, hbox pulled off some great combos on pp, and no one cheered because why? it's ****ing jiggs. please dont dismiss my point as invalid, i talked to so many people AT THIS VERY TOURNEY who are not scrubs who would agree with me 100%

sure spacing and mindgames are cool, but they certainly arent as epic or hype as when foxes and falcos are trading off death combos for a whole set, with the croud cheering and no gay puff ball in sight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom