• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Really Bad Super Smash Bros Suggestions

BIG D Was Taken

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BIGD#791
Inspired by similar threads that have existed on other gaming forums (like a gut-bustingly hilarious one for SSF2 on the McleodGaming forums), I decided to make a thread where we could share horrible smash ideas for the lolz.

As we all know, pretty much any popular game/game series has people suggesting new stuff to get added. Smash bros is no exception. Oftentimes, it's very special when your idea is added.

But this thread isn't for those ideas. They are for ideas so terrible, that people shouldn't even think about them. Stuff like, "Make Captain Falcon invincible while taunting" or "Make all sword attacks an instant KO", for instance. Y'know, those type of ideas.

So now, share all the trash ideas you can come up with! :D

(Like the makers of those other threads, tho, I do feel it necessary to set some very light rules.

1: I'd probably be best if you didn't use this thread to complain about stuff that's already in the game

2: As long as you don't post a ridiculous amount of posts at once, you can comment as many bad ideas as you want.

Other than that, go crazy!)
every move from any character becomes fox's shine, the game becomes perfectly balanced, everyone is at peace.

JaredK22

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jrdkilr22
3DS FC
2664-2858-9403
Switch FC
SW-1079-9038-3317
Have every new DLC character from an already existing franchise have no new music with them.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
Give every single character a 3 hour long biography followed by a 2 hour livestream of the character playing Tiger Electronic Games that you cannot skip and must watch before every single match. When the match begins the Characters make obnoxious noises and the stage background is K-Pop fancams.

duxx

Smash Ace
Add Snipperclips to Smash. For their neutral special, they cut off part of the opposing character's body, decreasing their hurtboxes. This leads to tournaments being decided by how many times you've faced Snipperclips online. The only way to remove this is by buying 35 copies of Snipperclips, and 100% all of them, then sending screenshots to Sakurai as proof

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
A fakeout reveal trailer. Technically Terry and Min Min have “fakeout reveal trailers” but that dosent really count given we had the context of “It’s an SNK character” and “It’s an Arms character.” I’m talking about if they just full on showed one fan requested character about to grab an invitation before a random other fan requested character grabbed the invitation. It would make fans of one character really happy, but make fans of the other character really, really unhappy

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Bandana Waddle dee gets in (as a Kirby Echo)

Although if i get the choice between a Game Char of mine getting in or a unique bandana i would choose the Former but thatl probably wont happen!

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
After Ultimate there really is nowhere to go for the series. This is the highest peak it'll ever be at, you can't climb Mt. Everest and then climb higher. That's why I think the series needs a reboot.

We should make it an Arena fighter like Tekken.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Cursed AF Suggestion: For Smash 6, every character's Down-B has been replaced with some form of Counter.

A literal tiger should be in the next game as a Tiger Electronics rep.
That's why I think the series needs a reboot.

We should make it an Arena fighter like Tekken.
Ah, my apologies, it would appear that I've stumbled upon the "Risky but Interesting Super Smash Bros Suggestions" thread by mistake.

In that case, I would instead suggest that for Smash 6, Mario and Kazuya should swap movesets.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Every character starts with only one color scheme. Every other color scheme has to be unlocked.

Smash Bros gets a keyboard controller/adaptor and every single button on the keyboard does a different move.

Cruel Smash is the default difficulty.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Remove aerials from the game completely. All buttons are just an air dodge, but with even more lag than normal. Also, I'd like to suggest there is only a single jump, dashing is removed, as is ground dodging, so the only way to feasibly play defensively or offensively is by jumping, which is stupid in this new idea because of the lack of aerial options. Also because of this there's like, a solid 3 seconds of lag upon landing and recovering is completely dead, meaning that the mechanic of ledge-guarding isn't here either. To add to this, it's now impossible to grab onto the ledge.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U has a USA-exclusive Masterpiece that is DLC and it's more expensive that the rest and even the actual game.
And that Masterpiece is a demo of Sonic Genesis (Game Boy Advance)

Top Bottom