Really Bad Super Smash Bros Suggestions

Lampy

Smash Hero
Joined
Feb 15, 2016
Messages
5,589
Location
salt land
3DS FC
0963-0942-7168
#46
  • Remove all 3rd parties
  • Stop adding 3rd parties
  • Remove all non-Gen 1 Pokemon
  • Add a Gen 1 Pokemon over a Gen 7 Pokemon
  • Add non-video game characters
  • Remove 1-5 Fire Emblem characters because "too much fire emblem!!!!!!"
  • Demote clones/semiclones into alternate costumes
  • Add a character because their franchise is underrepped
There are so many more awful suggestions that I can't list all of them in one post.
 
Last edited:

Lampy

Smash Hero
Joined
Feb 15, 2016
Messages
5,589
Location
salt land
3DS FC
0963-0942-7168
#48
  • Add Chef from Game & Watch as a separate character
  • Add more Wii Fit characters like balance board
  • Remove classic mode and replace it with Smash Tour
  • Revamp Sonic's moveset and base it off Sonic Boom
  • Make every character have double boost
  • Add support conversations like in the new Fire Emblem games
  • Add microtransactions and lootboxes to the game
  • Give the game Melee physics
  • Add Pickle Rick
 
Last edited:
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
1,469
Location
Fishing Hole
#56
We should do like other fighting games and cut the characters to sell them as dlc or have them be unlocked for everyone for a week
 
Last edited:
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
3
NNID
mario4fever
#57
As someone from the SSF2 forums I support this thread.

Add Sonichu as a Sonic Clone that does electric damage
And PikaSonic as a Pikachu Clone and instead of dealing electric damage all attacks have a windbox
 
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
1,313
Location
Location Machine Broke
NNID
FirestormNeos
#63
I would put more of my emphasis on MOVIE. I don't understand why Sora's acceptable here when his ownership by Disney and him meeting characters from Disney movies should make him a fourth-party character like Goku.
Because Sora is a video game character whose copyright is owned by a movie company, as opposed to goku who is an anime character whose copyright is owned by an anime company.

Are we going to cut Mario because Nintendo was once a hotel company?
 
Last edited:
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
693
#64
Because Sora is a video game character whose copyright is owned by a movie company, as opposed to goku who is an anime character whose copyright is owned by an anime company.

Are we going to cut Mario because Nintendo was once a hotel company?
Nintendo was a hotel company? Well not anymore, they are a game publisher now. And Vader's Apprentice is also a video game character that is owned by a movie company.

Anyway, back on topic. A bad suggestion?

Let's cut all the Nintendo characters leaving just the third-party characters at the last minute after we were promised "Everyone is Here."
 
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
1,313
Location
Location Machine Broke
NNID
FirestormNeos
#66
A $30 season pass that adds two characters, two stages, some costume items, and a bowling mini-game.

And Vader's Apprentice is also a video game character that is owned by a movie company.
You know what? I'm throwing the towel on this. Not because I've been convinced of your point, but because I know that any counterargument I make at this point isn't going to get us anywhere. Besides, I have a bigger fish on this forum that's far more deserving of my anger tonight.

I'm genuinely sorry for wasting your time.
 

TDRR

Smash Apprentice
Joined
Sep 18, 2017
Messages
164
Location
Venezuela
#73
What about: every input has a 80% chance to trip (including taunts and your character can now trip in the victory animation)
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
693
#74
brb making wario bikini costume

Here's my bad suggestion: Don't make Waluigi playable.
Having Waluigi not playable worked fine for the past Smash games. And we're going to accept that Waluigi is not going to be in Super Smash Bros. His fans just have to grow up. We got plenty of characters, plenty of Mario representation and Waluigi is there as an Assist Trophy.

Anyway, for my bad idea? Have only 25% of the games sold be the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game we were promised, while the other 75% be Rick Astley's music video "Never Going to Give You Up" packaged as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with even the card looking like an ordinary Smash game. And the music video keeps looping and wouldn't even let you access the Home menu. You can't even turn off the console. It would keep playing even if you take the card out and put another game in. The only way to get out of this would be to enter the code A, B, X, Y and ZR. A message would pop up that would say "Bye, Bye, Earth." Your Switch would then send signals to a NASA prototype war satellite that a Nintendo employee hacked into. The Wi-Fi signals will activate the war satellite's super laser cannon at maximum power, which is enough to destroy entire planets. The satellite aims at the source, your Nintendo Switch console. And then it fires. Earth gets reduced to space dust and the satellite keeps firing for a whole month after our world disintegrated. Yeah, this is pretty dark, but this thread is all about bad suggestions, right?
 

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
590
#75
Having Waluigi not playable worked fine for the past Smash games. And we're going to accept that Waluigi is not going to be in Super Smash Bros. His fans just have to grow up. We got plenty of characters, plenty of Mario representation and Waluigi is there as an Assist Trophy.

Anyway, for my bad idea? Have only 25% of the games sold be the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game we were promised, while the other 75% be Rick Astley's music video "Never Going to Give You Up" packaged as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with even the card looking like an ordinary Smash game. And the music video keeps looping and wouldn't even let you access the Home menu. You can't even turn off the console. It would keep playing even if you take the card out and put another game in. The only way to get out of this would be to enter the code A, B, X, Y and ZR. A message would pop up that would say "Bye, Bye, Earth." Your Switch would then send signals to a NASA prototype war satellite that a Nintendo employee hacked into. The Wi-Fi signals will activate the war satellite's super laser cannon at maximum power, which is enough to destroy entire planets. The satellite aims at the source, your Nintendo Switch console. And then it fires. Earth gets reduced to space dust and the satellite keeps firing for a whole month after our world disintegrated. Yeah, this is pretty dark, but this thread is all about bad suggestions, right?
D:
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
693
#77
Cut out every character that didn't originate in the Mario franchise and have the only newcomers represent the Mario, Donkey Kong, Wario and Yoshi universes, making Super Smash Bros as just a Mario game and not this huge video game crossover we want.
 
Joined
Jul 2, 2015
Messages
688
Location
East Texas
#78
Bad Smash Bros suggestions? I'm game...


Bad Suggestion #1
Add Bubsy to Smash, because what could possibly go wrong?!

Bad Suggestion #2
Make it to where it's impossible to turn off the Smashball no matter what. It's a permanent item that must be left on at all times.

Bad Suggestion #3
Give all Smash Attacks a chance to FAIL. Think of it like tripping, but with your Smashes.

Bad Suggestion #4
Any surface you now hit now deals damage (damage increases depending on how hard you hit it) and increases your hit stun if you do not tech it.

Bad Suggestion #5
Give Kirby the ability to jump/float indefinitely just like he can in his games.

Bad Suggestion #6
Make it to where shields can no longer be worn down or broken.

Bad Suggestion #7
Revert Bayonetta back to her pre-patch self because she TOTALLY wasn't broken in any way, shape, or form.


There. How's that for some bad suggestions? Did I hit the mark with any of them?
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
693
#80
Put Sora in and replace his Mickey symbol with a Smash symbol on his Keyblade. And then, give everyone Smash symbols in their design. Put the Smash symbol on Mario's hat. Replace all Triforces with Smash symbols. Add a verticle line to the Poké Ball to make it look like a Smash symbol. Replace the Mark of Naga in Lucina's eye with a Smash symbol. Turn Chrom's tattoo of that same mark into a Smash symbol. Turn Kirby's Warp Star into a Smash Ball. Put Batman, Superman and Spider-Man in and replace their chest symbols with Smash symbols. Put Adolf Hitler in and replace his swastika with the Smash symbol. Turn Pac-Man's chomping form into a Smash symbol. Turn Sonic's ball form into a Smash symbol. Make Pikachu's cheeks Smash symbols. Oh and no series icon for anyone, they just get Smash symbols. And the trophies would only talk about the characters' role in the Smash series and false information for other characters and would not credit their game of origin. Oh and third-party companies would not be credited, they'd just say that everyone including Sonic, Snake, Cloud, Mega Man, Ryu, Bayonetta, Simon, Richter, Dracula, Goku, Shovel Knight, Bomber Man, Rayman, Sora, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, The Grinch, Hitler and Donald Trump are solely owned by Nintendo and no one else. And no one gets paid for the game's sales except Masahiro Sakurai.
 
Top