• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Okay, so my friend had an idea for Snake...

He's a CQC expert, right? Up his grab range. Other than characters with tool-assisted grabs (clawshots/snake thing), he should arguably be one of the best grabs. At least better than/equal to Marth, whose hands are occupied with a sword... This could easily (if he doesn't already) move Snake into top tier. Being able to make mad set ups with bombs, and suddenly a grab range to REALLY abuse them? So good.

Or, if that's not interesting enough for you...

Give Snake a grab-break like in other standard fighting games. Like, if he hits 'Z' within two frames of being grabbed, he breaks out/pushes the grabber away.

EDIT: Also, what's the input to fake-out Snakes C4 detonation?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If it could charge, it would need to be initially weakened to compensated for its additional utility and strength... Thus ruining the purpose of the move.

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
I dont know what kind of mindgames you would expect to gain. The move isn't exactly something someone could be tricked into dodging into.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
you can edgeguard pretty nicely just the way it is right now... if you had to charge it it would be like vbrawl spin attack... it would suck even with melee stats.... only people who don't know how good upb was in melee would want to charge it lol

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
What are the stages I can put textures over without brawlbox?

Also, I don't see how being able to charge the spin makes edgegaurding better. At least not against people who don't scare easily.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Was Link's bomb intentionally easy to drop on the floor, or was that a Brawl thing..? By drop on the floor I mean short hopping, then pressing z right before you land. The timing was a bit strict for me in Melee, I didn't play Link much in Brawl, so I wouldn't know.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have to agree with upping the grab range on Snake.

Even if only a little.

Nice of you guys to remove the heavyweight lag from him. :)

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
A while back there was this amazing Yoshi's story texture. Very colorful. Anyone know where I can find it (I searched for the past 10 minutes)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
*practices AGT bomb jumping*

D: ...what...have you done...?

Link is now an absolute monster. Not that I'm implying that he isn't without this; this is just icing on the cake.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh wow. stingers as a difficulty level? I guess if people want to practice wavedashing or something it's okay.

jalued

Smash Lord
Is it AI?

Forgot to say this yesterday: There's a deadspot 1 Marth wide in Lucas' grab.
i think that is related to the stupid brawl coding that means you can grab when the opponent is even slightly behind you. Means that alot of grabs require strange timings relative to melee. I thik it is being fixed, not sure if it has been worked on yet though

kaizo13

Smash Champion
so if we really got up to lvl 11 CPU now.....

since lvl 9 = Nasty...... can we make lvl 10 Gross and lvl 11 Disgusting :awesome:

/silly Brawl

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
A while back there was this amazing Yoshi's story texture. Very colorful. Anyone know where I can find it (I searched for the past 10 minutes)
yeah, that was a texture for melee's YS. I have the texture dump somewhere of it and made a really crappy version of it for PM's YS but it had some texture issues in game. I can send it to whoever wants to fix it up. If you want to fix it up, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom