• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IYM!

Smash Lord
i was looking some Link P:M fight (these questions are for P:M team)

his Uair dont have the kill power of melee?
his air Spin attack is weaker?
Dsmash is stronger?
His dash is diferent (like melee)?
If you manage to bring back the old hoolshot recovery, You will nerfed the spin attack as a recovery move? or you will be keep it like is it already?

Revven

FrankerZ
Random question but are you guys going to change sonics yellow costume so its the way you have his green and red ones?
Red and green are for the purpose of better team colors so people can actually tell what team Sonic is on. Changing yellow is unnecessary, for one it's not a team color and for another it's completely up to the person to decide what they want on that color.

i was looking some Link P:M fight (these questions are for P:M team)

his Uair dont have the kill power of melee?
his air Spin attack is weaker?
Dsmash is stronger?
His dash is diferent (like melee)?
When the melee hookshot recovery is in P:M, You will nerfed the spin attack as a recovery move? or you will be keep it like is it already?
1) It does have the kill power of Melee, Captain Falcon, Fox, and Falco all have really high fall speeds and decent weight. They won't be killed so easily from it as a result.

2) No, it's the same except the last hit does more damage so it can blow up the bomb.

3) Dsmash should be about the same KB wise.

4) His run animation was recently changed, yes. You will see it in the patch..

5) No we won't change the Up B if we ever get the tether recovery to work properly.

IYM!

Smash Lord
1) It does have the kill power of Melee, Captain Falcon, Fox, and Falco all have really high fall speeds and decent weight. They won't be killed so easily from it as a result.

2) No, it's the same except the last hit does more damage so it can blow up the bomb.

3) Dsmash should be about the same KB wise.

4) His run animation was recently changed, yes. You will see it in the patch..

5) No we won't change the Up B if we ever get the tether recovery to work properly.

1)i already kmow this, but for some strange reason, it dont fell like the melee one, but if you say than have the same power, it may to be true

2) Good detail about the bomb, is so frustating fail the bomb jump, with this fix, do BJ will be easier

3) the same knock back of melee or brawl?

4) good detail

5)thanks of god, nice to read that

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Red and green are for the purpose of better team colors so people can actually tell what team Sonic is on. Changing yellow is unnecessary, for one it's not a team color and for another it's completely up to the person to decide what they want on that color.
So basically you leaving that color for people to put whatever texture they want on? As in if I want him to look like the others only yellow just add that texture myself in the final build?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Do you plan on changing Mario's red and blue costumes? I always mix those up during team matches. I've changed them myself by just swapping the pants textures.

Revven

FrankerZ
1)i already kmow this, but for some strange reason, it dont fell like the melee one, but if you say than have the same power, it may to be true

2) Good detail about the bomb, is so frustating fail the bomb jump, with this fix, do BJ will be easier

3) the same knock back of melee or brawl?

4) good detail

5)thanks of god, nice to read that
3) Same knockback as Melee. Angle was raised a bit however so it might make it seem stronger.

So basically you leaving that color for people to put whatever texture they want on? As in if I want him to look like the others only yellow just add that texture myself in the final build?
Yes.

jalued

Smash Lord
that is also related to DI being more potent than melee atm, so people can live for longer. The main problem i find for link atm is landing detection, meaning that his upair and nair dont last for as long :(

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
that is also related to DI being more potent than melee atm, so people can live for longer. The main problem i find for link atm is landing detection, meaning that his upair and nair dont last for as long :(
The fix on landing detection is trickier than it seems. Uair was beautiful in Melee, and Nair was sexy, but I think that was because of the landing detection being at the knees, versus Brawl's where characters land on their feet (how realistic!). Don't worry, the devs are geniuses (thanks for the new run animation :)) and we'll get the landing detection fix soon.

GPDP

Smash Ace
The fix on landing detection is trickier than it seems. Uair was beautiful in Melee, and Nair was sexy, but I think that was because of the landing detection being at the knees, versus Brawl's where characters land on their feet (how realistic!). Don't worry, the devs are geniuses (thanks for the new run animation :)) and we'll get the landing detection fix soon.
Nah, Link ****ing teleports to the ground after nair.

I really must admit, despite his buffs, the problems with landing detection, his clawshot length, and the lack of a good offstage tether game kinda turn me off of Link. I played him in a very particular way in Melee, and at the moment, I can't do many of the things that would make my friends rage whenever I picked Link (and I main Ganondorf!).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Hey stop complaining, at least you have link, one of my mains Ylink is gone!
You never know....

The roster is incomplete still and I'm lacking 2 of my Melee mains (Roy and M2), so which leaves me waiting on Ike, because I like Ike. I hope Ness in soon though :0

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
For me, the only thing that feels strange about link is his clawshot range.

But he can grab people in the air now, he can even CG people without actually moving if the opponent DI and percentage allows you so and many other possibilities of combos.

He has bigger range and even better projectiles, he can use zair while holding a bomb, he can bomb jump without wasting a second jump, ftilt is mortally fast and strong.

Landing detection only really affected link in his Fair shffld, other than that, he's just Melee links with lots of very noticeable and little buffs which only made him ten times better, props to shadic.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
That was so gay. Last thing we need is Brawl play infecting Melee/Project M.
It already has infected Melee to a certain degree, and if the Guru v Fino vids are any indication, it's already starting to infect P:M.

It'll never be the campfest that Brawl is just by the nature of the two games, but you can't just wipe out Brawl's influence from the collective conscious of the Smash community.

**** like that vid would've never happened in 2006/2007.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
You never know....

The roster is incomplete still and I'm lacking 2 of my Melee mains (Roy and M2), so which leaves me waiting on Ike, because I like Ike. I hope Ness in soon though :0
I heard they are making Tlink a hybrid of Ylink and Tlink, but honestly it won't be the same as Ylink melee. It doesn't bother me much as i will main Ness in P:M, but, Link should by all means be young link, for whatever reason Sakurai felt Adult link is more canon than Y link. Which is a toal fable

a younger link is the star in
OoT
MM
LOZ
Alttp
OoA
OoS
MC
ST
WW
PH
LA

Older Link is in
OoT
TP
AoL
and soon Skyward Sword

If i was making smash i'd have Young Link as just Link, and Toon link canbe his own stand alone character. Actually in P:M i'd rather them recreate Tlink rather than make him like Ylink, Tlink has a ton of potential for him to be completely different than link. But i guess we will see.

/rant

GPDP

Smash Ace
I'm not denying Link is better in P:M than in Melee. It's just I played Link in a particular style (my offstage game was particularly deadly), and as things stand, I can't use him that way yet, which is why he disappoints me to a certain extent. I still pick him up from time to time, though.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
@GPDP How is it affecting you, do his projectiles seem less useful for gimping or are you just refering to his hookshot not functioning the same way(as of now)?

GPDP

Smash Ace
@GPDP How is it affecting you, do his projectiles seem less useful for gimping or are you just refering to his hookshot not functioning the same way(as of now)?
His projectiles are fine. It's his hookshot that's messing me up really.

Shelter From The Storm

Banned via Administration
Computers are insane in Project Melee.

I was playing a LV. 9 Marth the other day, and he UpB'd -> Dair'd me into a perfect spike. At 30%.

Sort of just sat there, paused, and processed what just happened.

IYM!

Smash Lord
I heard they are making Tlink a hybrid of Ylink and Tlink, but honestly it won't be the same as Ylink melee. It doesn't bother me much as i will main Ness in P:M, but, Link should by all means be young link, for whatever reason Sakurai felt Adult link is more canon than Y link. Which is a toal fable

a younger link is the star in
OoT
MM
LOZ
Alttp
OoA
OoS
MC
ST
WW
PH
LA

Older Link is in
OoT
TP
AoL
and soon Skyward Sword

If i was making smash i'd have Young Link as just Link, and Toon link canbe his own stand alone character. Actually in P:M i'd rather them recreate Tlink rather than make him like Ylink, Tlink has a ton of potential for him to be completely different than link. But i guess we will see.

/rant
NO, i totaly disagree this, i like more adult Link :)

would like see Ness totaly replaced by Lucas???

and ALTTP Link isnt a kid, he have the same age than OoT and TP Link

Dantarion

Smash Champion
PW Got...cloning IKE working.

Ike has 1 article.
Until he explains how we can patch characters with a bunch of projectiles, I am not sure what to think about the progress.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
ROB's..... method works very differently.
He just made another code that allows Ike to go over ROB.

And it's working!

He's not have that much free time as he did today so it may be a while before you can ask the Wings of Phantom.

moleman915

Smash Apprentice
just out of curiosity, If a working clone engine were to ever come out, what would be done about the sound effects of the added characters? Would they just be copied and pasted from another character or what?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
just out of curiosity, If a working clone engine were to ever come out, what would be done about the sound effects of the added characters? Would they just be copied and pasted from another character or what?
That isn't known yet. However, we can make characters load different sound banks.

For example, I have Cloud with Ike's SFX bank over ROB working perfectly.

The only minor flaw is that External GFX isn't 100% when the clone and the cloned character are in the same match, only 1 External GFX file will be used for both of them.

Sharky

Smash Master
I installed project m into my riivolution section of my sd card, and everything works right except for a couple of the melee stages, which just load the stages they are patched over. any ideas?

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
So, what's the PMBR's verdict on these recent developments? Since I'll assume the final version will be out around June/July are you planning on making Mewtwo, Roy, etc. for P:M now or are these still on hold until the Clone Engine is 100% complete?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Priority lies within the characters provided in Brawl. Clone engine is basically a side project for the public and without it working 100%, you won't be seeing any of the missing characters from Melee. Also, there's no estimated date on when the final version will come out.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
He said he was assuming :p

But Roy looks like he's almost done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom