• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
i tried this hack out

wtf is with c stick buffering? sometimes i can do it like after i aerial i can c stick buffer a roll. but a lot of the time it doesn't work.

not being able to buffer shield options using c stick half the time (especially like after a roll) is killing me inside

also it feels like using ASDI to CC doesn't work nearly as well compared to melee. it seems to not really work at all but idk, i haven't read up on this game at all, just playing it
The current CCing code is a shady fix until we can get proper DI to work. In brawl, you cannot ASDI downwards from a grounded hit, thereby you cannot get weak hitstun to cancel into hard landing. We are hoping we can eventually fix this.

Revven

FrankerZ
Sooooo, Falcons foward roll feels slow. Anybody else feel that? And his nair priority is a lot worse. If you guys can't fix that I understand but I would highly recommend fixing that. His nair is like, more important than his knee (stfu I know what I'm talking about).

edit: nevermind about the roll. Idk why it feels weird to me but it's not slower.
Yeah I was about to tell you that his rolls are identical to Melee.

Anyway, priority is a number of different things. It's not just a value in the game we can tweak to have X number of priority. In fact, priority as a term is thrown around so often that to me it doesn't mean anything because it's always changing. As far as Nair is concerned, it should have the same hitboxes as it does in Melee along with its stats and everything. On top of that, you can't DI it at low % (nontumble DI not existing will do that for you). Not using that as any argument for it being "worse" or anything, just something to point out.

Point is, the Nair should be identical, meaning its "priority" is the same.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Posted all that Zelda video stuff in the subforum.

Also a quick question about Zelda's Uair...

The "sourspot" it was given, it doesn't overlap with the killing hitbox of Uair does it?

And her Dtilt... I've not heard much about whether or not it got changed. Any answers to that one?

Also, I know this was done on purpose, but I do kinda miss the "air control" Zelda had in Brawl. I remember trying to move forward than back in the air... boy was I surprised! Just something I gotta get used to of course (I'm pretty sure the rather liberal aerial control characters had in Brawl was considered too much?).

I also miss her super low shorthop lol~ but enough of that.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I just noticed that the Stage Select icon for Norfair is different than the actual stage. It has two platforms on the side and one large on top but when you select the stage it's still the original layout. Or did I not get a new pac or something?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So just wanted to stop by and say I've been enjoying the Demo. Mario and Link are very fun to play. Waiting for Ike to pop up.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Mario has always been one of my mains, but I think that playing him in P:M has actually helped me improve as him in Melee (I just tried), so that's pretty cool.

As always, keep up the great work developers.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Project M team, how did you add new lines in memory when bypassing Zamus's file size limit?
I need to bypass Ness' unusually strict file size limit.

shanus

Smash Hero
Project M team, how did you add new lines in memory when bypassing Zamus's file size limit?
I need to bypass Ness' unusually strict file size limit.
do you know how to write injections?

If so, you just use a subroutine or go to (parameter type MUST be set to value, not pointer, and it must be made fresh from a nop and never set to pointer) and have it point to the beginning of the commands list in the injection.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
-_- Please forgive me. The file size limit I exceeded was NOT the PSA. It was the motion file.....

That I can deal with.

Sorry if this bothers you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom