• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Now guys, nerfing only serves to annoy players. And there should be no problem if everyone was good. Ar epopele asking about nerfs just because they got a beef with the character kicking their arse too much or what? The pmbr is aiming to give you the tools to face them. I'm not angry that Falco isn't getting any better and that the others are catching up to him. In fact, I'm happy. I get to face different characters.

And how does everyone feel about the new Zelda? I actually love playing her now.

R00R

Smash Journeyman

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i got a question/assumption: u guys wont just be releasing characters as they get done right? u will wait till enough are done to make a larger impact instead of one at a time, like maybe 6 (random number) new characters for the next update?

If this is so any rough idea on when the next large character update will be around? or at least some kind of figure of how many near completed characters u have. or even just how many characters u think u will be adding in a demo update?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
i got a question/assumption: u guys wont just be releasing characters as they get done right? u will wait till enough are done to make a larger impact instead of one at a time, like maybe 6 (random number) new characters for the next update?

If this is so any rough idea on when the next large character update will be around? or at least some kind of figure of how many near completed characters u have. or even just how many characters u think u will be adding in a demo update?
There will be a patch soon, so I've heard, but nothing major, just physics fixes and what not. And a stage or something. More characters will probably take a while.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
My question was: What characters not in the demo are close to, or are, finished, or do you wish to not disclose the information.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
IIRC Peach was close to being included, but her Daikons in Brawl disappear on shield unlike in Melee.

I'm looking more into it again tomorrow.

Also her DJ.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
@Akuma: If I were you, I'd use the up-tilt more for comboes. It can very easily set the enemy into an up-smash. I'd also try bouncing the boomerang on the ground a little. It's less easy to see coming (as in change directions so that poeple don't know what you'll do), and it works as a nice feint. But you were doing good. I can some moves you were using that would have been more efficient with landing detection fixed.

This is my take on your gameplay :)

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
nah, you're good man, my only advice could be that you didn't use zair at all, and I think it's safer than fair to approach, but that's only me lol

show Link more love guys =)
@Akuma: If I were you, I'd use the up-tilt more for comboes. It can very easily set the enemy into an up-smash. I'd also try bouncing the boomerang on the ground a little. It's less easy to see coming (as in change directions so that poeple don't know what you'll do), and it works as a nice feint. But you were doing good. I can some moves you were using that would have been more efficient with landing detection fixed.

This is my take on your gameplay :)
Thanks for the replies, I'll try out your suggestions, I usually do bounce the boomerang but I guess I forgot to do it quite a bit

I've got more videos but I'll upload those tomorrow, I'm very tired

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Why does everyone always put down pit T_T

Everyone else has had there time but everytime pit comes up...he gets put back on the shelf for another 6 months without any discussion. :(

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
has any thought been put into making a next-level higher cpu? maybe one that uses... ADVANCED TECHS??? *gasp*. it'd be pretty cool if cpus were really a viable option to practice ****. At the very least maybe just an auto l-cancel code for them

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sooooo, Falcons foward roll feels slow. Anybody else feel that? And his nair priority is a lot worse. If you guys can't fix that I understand but I would highly recommend fixing that. His nair is like, more important than his knee (stfu I know what I'm talking about).

edit: nevermind about the roll. Idk why it feels weird to me but it's not slower.

bleyva

Smash Ace
OH. MY. GOD.

the ****ing spinning thing from Galaxy. i feel so ******** right now for not recognizing that. thank you

wow this project actually adheres more to canon than that jerkoff sakurai. keep up the good work

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
i tried this hack out

wtf is with c stick buffering? sometimes i can do it like after i aerial i can c stick buffer a roll. but a lot of the time it doesn't work.

not being able to buffer shield options using c stick half the time (especially like after a roll) is killing me inside

also it feels like using ASDI to CC doesn't work nearly as well compared to melee. it seems to not really work at all but idk, i haven't read up on this game at all, just playing it

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i tried this hack out

wtf is with c stick buffering? sometimes i can do it like after i aerial i can c stick buffer a roll. but a lot of the time it doesn't work.

not being able to buffer shield options using c stick half the time (especially like after a roll) is killing me inside

also it feels like using ASDI to CC doesn't work nearly as well compared to melee. it seems to not really work at all but idk, i haven't read up on this game at all, just playing it
Yeah, the buffering is really weird for me too and i need it to get away from Falco.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Couple of things:

I keep killing myself when I want to wavedash on the edge with Marth on Yoshi's Story, which never happens to me in Melee.

I noticed it is possible to fight characters that aren't in the demo in Classic mode, but the game randomly freezes. The non-included characters seem to operate on the Brawl engine, which is weird cuz I'm fighting using a character on the Melee-fied engine.

Magus420

Smash Master
There is currently no way of reading what the position on the c-stick is, and can only be read as a button (like pressed or not pressed).

To buffer dodges, rolls and jumps hold shield, the c-stick (direction isn't important, but holding in the direction you want to go probably feels more natural in most cases), while also tilting the control stick in the appropriate direction (shield+c-stick+tilt right on control stick will buffer rolls to the right). Also, if your shield is already up you can dodge/roll/jump by pressing the c-stick in that direction since the c-stick counts as a 1 frame directional press. C-stick jumps will work even if you have tap jump off.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Okay, this was too funny to pass up. This needs to be posted in here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K6Lhk2nG0w
I was theeere :D (the white guy with the fro behind Voodoo)

I noticed it is possible to fight characters that aren't in the demo in Classic mode, but the game randomly freezes. The non-included characters seem to operate on the Brawl engine, which is weird cuz I'm fighting using a character on the Melee-fied engine.
The game is just loading the regular Brawl character files. They tend to "disagree" with some of the Project M codes and will randomly crash, in addition to missing a lot of things that the demo characters have.

We do not support the single player modes and have no plans to fix them, though when the final release comes out those issues may work themselves out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom