• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well if you messed with the gct in any way (which you shouldn't be doing btw) I would revert back to the one that we initially gave you.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Well if you messed with the gct in any way (which you shouldn't be doing btw) I would revert back to the one that we initially gave you.
Did nothing to the gct falco sir, I have textures and music only, no stages... tht messes up things?

Revven

FrankerZ
Textures or music wouldn't affect whatever is going wrong with your controllers. Are you sure you're not just moving them around while the game is loading? Some times, smashers move the sticks around before the game loads and that can make the sticks move the character in a direction you aren't even pushing.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Man I been enjoying Project M Mario is beastly. I have even started maining snake now.
I hope you guys keep up the great work. Is there Any news on the rest of the roster yet.
I cant wait to see how the other characters turn out Mostly IKE <<<3

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Textures or music wouldn't affect whatever is going wrong with your controllers. Are you sure you're not just moving them around while the game is loading? Some times, smashers move the sticks around before the game loads and that can make the sticks move the character in a direction you aren't even pushing.
Nopeh I even unplug it and plug the classic again or turn the waybird on and of when the match starts meh its not that game breaking just something that bothers me some times.
edit: some times button presses dont work either or the other way around like charging links arrow and it shoots when i dont want, or jiggs rollout releases etc.

edit: its not the waybirds, its the wiimotes/classic/nunchuck they all release b at some point and dont read some button presses, when i select a character i hear FAILURE. is that a common problem here? all 3 of my wiimotes release the link arrow when they want, i dont think its something bad on 3! wiimotes.. any idea?

Renji64

Smash Lord
Nopeh I even unplug it and plug the classic again or turn the waybird on and of when the match starts meh its not that game breaking just something that bothers me some times.
edit: some times button presses dont work either or the other way around like charging links arrow and it shoots when i dont want, or jiggs rollout releases etc.

edit: its not the waybirds, its the wiimotes/classic/nunchuck they all release b at some point and dont read some button presses, when i select a character i hear FAILURE. is that a common problem here? all 3 of my wiimotes release the link arrow when they want, i dont think its something bad on 3! wiimotes.. any idea?
It happens to me the wiimotes/classic/nuchuck will just desycn randomly at character select.
it happens every couple mins it isnt my controllers cause i never this problem with any other brawl mods

Revven

FrankerZ
I was just informed that it is likely the character select screen code. There's nothing we can really do about that unfortunately at the moment so I suggest just using the Gamecube controller if you can help it. It has nothing to do with the joke code that makes the Wiimote speaker say "FAILURE" when you pick a character.

JoJoRockets52

Smash Rookie
I think my main problem with project M is no tier flopping. I think its trying to cater way to hard to Melee fans skills carrying over from the new release. I just think that tier flopping is healthy for a game like SSB which in a sense is dieing. Maybe a tier flop could help renew the game. Try nerfing space animals basically.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I think my main problem with project M is no tier flopping. I think its trying to cater way to hard to Melee fans skills carrying over from the new release. I just think that tier flopping is healthy for a game like SSB which in a sense is dieing. Maybe a tier flop could help renew the game. Try nerfing space animals basically.
Nerfing popular, well known characters definitely won't add to the popularity of Project M, and tier flopping is more or less just having different characters ranking top in tourneys. Streets don't change but maybe the name, so to speak.

Also the roster is incomplete as of now, so it's hard to determine whether or not a tier flop is in order, as only a few low tier characters are accessible and all of the top tiers are.

JoJoRockets52

Smash Rookie
i just come from games where tier flopping is normal in sequels (Guilty Gear) and is now known as one of the most balanced fighters every. I think the worst match up is a 6:4.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
With any luck the buffs being handed out to 35ish characters will result in some troublesome matchups for the old top tiers.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I wonder... which characters not in the Demo are close to being finished? Or are you not going to disclose the info? :D

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
AND ULEVO GETS THE PRIZE OF BEING THE FIRST TO POST OF PAGE 2000!!!!!!! ...wait... is there a prize?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
i just come from games where tier flopping is normal in sequels (Guilty Gear) and is now known as one of the most balanced fighters every. I think the worst match up is a 6:4.
virtua fighter is more balanced tho. JUST MAKING A STATEMENT

p:m seems amazing btw. already better than I thought it would be.

:teemo:

foxxxx is mad gay

AND ULEVO GETS THE PRIZE OF BEING THE FIRST TO POST OF PAGE 2000!!!!!!! ...wait... is there a prize?

LRN240PPP

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Page 750

40PPP

Anyhow, you can still watch the regular channels, strong bad, JCaesar, sneak, cubaisdeath, nonstandardtoaster, etc for non-demo character videos. lol

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Quite excited on seeing how Pit turns out. I'm sure they'll tone down his recovery, but maybe they'll improve his range/power/etc. :)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Thus ends the 1000th page. Anyway, leave Pit alone for a while.

I'm gonna look again at the Daikon paramters and variables tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom