• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
MacD just float over the ledge and bair. they'll jump into it every time.
So if I get a grab on marth, what throw should I use? I was playing friendies yesterday and I kept getting grabs on marth. I just fthrew and went back to lazer camping. It added damage but I didn't get kills off my grabs. whenever I upthrew I usually missed the follow up and bthrow didn't help much.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
vs marth upthrow-> dair or bair usually works but its more of a pseudo combo.

i dont really know what the variations are or if DI matters or any of that, but the common notion vs marth is if you cant toss him off, throw him up then follow up real quick

MacD

i had 2 questions to ask pp, then i had questions to ask about falco that maybe the falco players could tell me

... that's my answer and i'm sticking too it!!!

... *runs*

MacD

so i've noticed, though you did miss this post in vanz's thread

i lost to iori's mewtwo and zelda at genesis :(

i learned don't dsmash zelda's shield

EDIT: so i went to this MacDonalds the other day, saw my friend David there, he plays melee... the end ;)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
At least you communicate your lunacy in a coherent manner.

ICG's posts are painful and frequently impossible to decipher.
Sometime either last month or December, I can't exactly recall, but he posted something very insightful, and in correct grammar.

I was shocked, to say the least.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Falco can't even fly.

edit:

Sometime either last month or December, I can't exactly recall, but he posted something very insightful, and in correct grammar.

I was shocked, to say the least.
I hope you're trolling me. I don't want to live in a world where ICG's posts have merit.

Filthee

Smash Rookie
PP, whats your strat for beating a shine happy fox? thanks in advance

MacD

lolololol

i should take mm's and not use dsmash and then win and be like you are wrong

with out it she is still dam good, FC arials, stupidly good priority

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PP, whats your strat for beating a shine happy fox? thanks in advance
When does the Fox shine?

If it's when you're lasering, then just treat him like he's powershielding and shoot low ones and then hop over them to punish the Fox in stun.

If it's when he's aerial'ing and then keeping himself safe from being grabbed with shines, then you want to Dair him right after he lands so you'll catch him right as he shines or right after he does. Just don't do this every time or you will be punished.
Usually this one isn't much of a problem just because of the fact that you can still laser the Fox when he lands because the laser(I'd advise you shoot a laser to hit a Fox when they land....) probably won't connect with the Fox when he's shining.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
ya peach without dsmash just cc everything :p

Really though, usually in peach vs anything the first hit of a stock is 30% from a dsmash then techchase or something gay

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
First post in Melee boards yeayuhzzz.. any advice on what to start on with Falco tech skill wise PP? ( Love your performance, hence why l'm going back to Melee ;D )
GLORIOUS.

(learn to SHFFL dair/nair/bair to a shine first probably, rinse and repeat, mix up those 3. not really sure your tech skill level) I know your asking PP but yeah, juz helpins!

Short
Hop
Fast
Fall
L-cancel

Incase you were wondering :p

null55

Smash Master
lol i played my friend's Peach the other day, and every time i would think he would d-smash, i would begin to charge my d-smash immediately. he would d-smash usually when i thought he would, but he wouldn't hit me as i stood there on my tip toes and then punished him. it happened like 3 times in a row and he was just like "what the ****..."

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
First post in Melee boards yeayuhzzz.. any advice on what to start on with Falco tech skill wise PP? ( Love your performance, hence why l'm going back to Melee ;D )
First of all, thanks. =)

When I first got serious with Falco, I worked on getting consistent SHLs and RSHLs. I'd mix that in with SHFFL practice(and maybe mix in a little combo stuff if I was doing well enough with my SHFFLs). You'll also want to get your waveshines down pretty early too, since they help with combos a lot of the time.

@CJ: I actually read this the other day, but Falco's feet have invincibility when they're charging for Dsmash or something, so it protects you against Peach's Dsmash. Pretty ****.

MacD

@CJ: I actually read this the other day, but Falco's feet have invincibility when they're charging for Dsmash or something, so it protects you against Peach's Dsmash. Pretty ****.
please tell me by other day you mean like years ago, this is such old news buddy

also, once i did a high percent get up attack from the ledge and falco started to charge dsmash and my get up attack missed :( then we tried it again like as a test and my get up attack hit this time, it was werid

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Is there a clear advantage to autocanceling SH bairs instead of SHFFLing?
You generally keep the hitbox out longer for AC Bairs. They're better at different things, so you have to play around with which is better for a given situation.

If you want to Bair shine a shield, then you should SHFFL. If you want to space Bairs, then both AC and SHFFL Bairs can be effective. It's that sort of thing.

@MacD: I'm still learning SHUT UP. =p

strawhats

Smash Master
yo Kev. you should falco vs. puff against mango in order to learn the matchup some more when you go to Cali. Wish I could donate to that good player fund but im broke.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
yo Kev. you should falco vs. puff against mango in order to learn the matchup some more when you go to Cali. Wish I could donate to that good player fund but im broke.
Haha everyone is gonna be calling me Kevin soon. ****.

Oh uhh, Mango really likes to Falco ditto. I'll see if I can get the puff, but I think he hates that matchup.

Thanks for your support bro. =)

Top Bottom