• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
also need some help comboing marth. At the moment. From 0 percent im starting off with shine-> double jump-> ff dair->anotther shine-> double jump-> ff dair-> utilt-> sh uair-> to usually laser of forward air or something, then to forward smash or any smash. I dont even know if this combos.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
well they really shouldn't be letting you shine them at 0% but anyway.. i don't think shine-dair-shine works.. i think they can jump out before the second shine or di away from the dair (without platforms)
with platforms i like to do stuff like shine-.dair-land on top platform shine fj dj shine star ko

i think you can link a few nairs together sometimes... also uthrow works pretty well in my experience
utilt dair works better on floaties than shine dair
also i like techchase fsmash out of a dair or something.. fsmash on marth works great

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
hmm okay. I'll try start including more untilt to dair after i finish dj dair(on fd anyway). And maybe dtilt would be usefull too, i dont seem to use it that much at all when im trying to combo. And i almost never use throws in combos, i guess i should. And yeah nair strings seem to be fairly effective. Leading to lasers when they're in the air too far away to a forward smash near the edge or some variation of that

`DNS`

Smash Lord
Mogwai's guide vs "bad" characters:
laser them until they approach then hit them with something (bair utilt nair dair)

don't approach him you WILL get fair'd

also take what i say with a grain of salt.. i could be wrong about some things (i haven't played against any real good people ever :F)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
whats your strategy for beating a good ganon?
Well, it actually depends on the good Ganon. Some Ganons will try to take laser hits and jab you after them, or counter your approaches with aerials OOS, etc. Some Ganons will just try to space Fairs hardcore so that you feel like you can't move, and some Ganons use lots of platforms to drop through with aerials to avoid lasers.

Dealing with all of this:

Lasers shut Ganons down. If they try to jab you after the laser hits, then you Nair/Fsmash(hilarious btw) them, or laser more. If they get to higher ground to avoid your lasers, then you should use higher lasers to hit them/position yourself to laser them when they fall or punish in some other way. You also want to laser Fair-happy Ganons so they can't move around and keep their big hitboxes out. Lasers ****.

If you get hit by Ganon, you can die pretty easily, so plan your attacks well. When you get a shine/uptilt, make the most of it with shines and Dairs at lower percents, and uptilts and Dairs at mid percents, and Dair tech chases to Dsmashes/Fsmashes(position dependent) at mid-higher percents.

That should do for now, I guess. I'll write a Ganon matchup eventually......lol.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
Oh and I think ganon dies early to vertical KOs relative to horizontal KOs
I like the shine star KO on him too :p (it only really works reliably on YS though)

Filthee

Smash Rookie
Well, it actually depends on the good Ganon. Some Ganons will try to take laser hits and jab you after them, or counter your approaches with aerials OOS, etc. Some Ganons will just try to space Fairs hardcore so that you feel like you can't move, and some Ganons use lots of platforms to drop through with aerials to avoid lasers.

Dealing with all of this:

Lasers shut Ganons down. If they try to jab you after the laser hits, then you Nair/Fsmash(hilarious btw) them, or laser more. If they get to higher ground to avoid your lasers, then you should use higher lasers to hit them/position yourself to laser them when they fall or punish in some other way. You also want to laser Fair-happy Ganons so they can't move around and keep their big hitboxes out. Lasers ****.

If you get hit by Ganon, you can die pretty easily, so plan your attacks well. When you get a shine/uptilt, make the most of it with shines and Dairs at lower percents, and uptilts and Dairs at mid percents, and Dair tech chases to Dsmashes/Fsmashes(position dependent) at mid-higher percents.

That should do for now, I guess. I'll write a Ganon matchup eventually......lol.
first of all, god**** that was a fast response, ty for the info, what would be a good CP for a Fair happy ganon?

btw you are by far my fav falco to watch style wise, keep gettin freqnasty, **** is awesome

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You mean stage CP? You'd want a lot of room, so either FD or DL(trust me, laser room is worth it) would be nice. PS is okay too(depending on your comfort zone).

Thanks man! I plan on really cleaning my game up so hopefully you'll only see better things from me. =)

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Hey how to you avoid getting gimped by a forward smash happy marth so much. I feel like i know its coming yet i get fsmash even if i predict it. Maybe i've just got terrible spacing. But it's not so much of an issue on bigger stages. Yoshi story is the worst. The forward smash just ***** me. And counter when you least expect it is so annoying.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
By gimped do you mean edgeguarding?
learn to ledgetech if you do

if not.. shield it and punish? (wd oos maybe shffl dair or something if he's close..)

Animal

Smash Lord
Dr.Peepee we need to play at the next tourny i decide to go to.

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
do you need to di towards the ledge with the cstick the help tech marths fsmash. Like half way through your up b, about to hit the ledge you press l, then hold the c stick towards the ledge?.

And i mean like im standing with sheild up i try to jump out but get f smashed just as i jump. Then they f smash twice for edge guard and second one usually kills me: /. But yeah i probably should just do basic stuff like rolling behind them when they try fsmash and fsmash them in back.

And yeah i need to wd oos would be good i should try and do it more

`DNS`

Smash Lord
do you need to di towards the ledge with the cstick the help tech marths fsmash. Like half way through your up b, about to hit the ledge you press l, then hold the c stick towards the ledge?.

And i mean like im standing with sheild up i try to jump out but get f smashed just as i jump. Then they f smash twice for edge guard and second one usually kills me: /. But yeah i probably should just do basic stuff like rolling behind them when they try fsmash and fsmash them in back.

And yeah i need to wd oos would be good i should try and do it more
yeah it helps

if you know regular DI won't save you just go all out on smash DI

when you're about to get hit press and hold L (or R) and sdi into the stage like hell :p

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
yeah wow i never thought or not worrying about regular di i always put it first in every situation. And um is there an advantage to holding it rather than just taping it?

`DNS`

Smash Lord
holding it gives ASDI, and if you use the c-stick for this it overrides the control stick's ASDI
tapping it is plain old SDI and gives you more SDi so you get closer to the ledge than just 1 frame of ASDI

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah i know that you hold the c stick towards the stage. And tap or do semi circles towards the stage with the other stick but do you have to hold l?

`DNS`

Smash Lord
well you don't HAVE to hold it, but i find it makes it easier

i think that doing semi circles is easier/can work better than tap spamming/timing a single tap

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
****, this thread blew back up overnight, :laugh:

for whatever it's worth, I think Falco is one of his own best teammates. double Falco's pressure, stage control, and straight up offensive output are amazing and I think it's a great team so long as the other team doesn't have a peach :p.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Thanks man! I plan on really cleaning my game up so hopefully you'll only see better things from me. =)
So at a tournament this weekend I entered as "Dr. Peef Peef". They called my name for pools and saw me all up in that bracket and many lols were had and success stories written.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
****, this thread blew back up overnight, :laugh:

for whatever it's worth, I think Falco is one of his own best teammates. double Falco's pressure, stage control, and straight up offensive output are amazing and I think it's a great team so long as the other team doesn't have a peach :p.
Agreed! Falco is a great team partner.

For what its worth. In friendlies, I did well with Falco against Connor and MacD's double Peach team.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Agreed! Falco is a great team partner.

For what its worth. In friendlies, I did well with Falco against Connor and MacD's double Peach team.
well, that's cause double peach is a bad team :laugh:. but for instance, I think Peach Fox, Peach Sheik, and Peach Marth all **** double Falco.

What are the benefits/losses from air dodging onto the stage after a ledge tech/ledge tech wall jump as supposed to forward b'ing?
benefits are that it's unexpected and has less landing lag

losses are the hitbox of the forward B (if you're going high), which tends to hit the opponent since they're frequently still in move lag at that point, or the sweetspot on the ledge (if you go low).

ALSO, Pro-English Tip from Mogweezy: The phrase you're looking for is "as opposed to" not "as supposed to."

MacD

Banned via Administration
MM us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you suck, we'd tear you a new one

/fake meanness because apparently i'm sippin on haterade in this thread <3

unknown522

Some guy
You mean stage CP? You'd want a lot of room, so either FD or DL(trust me, laser room is worth it) would be nice. PS is okay too(depending on your comfort zone).

Yoshi's seems to be good as well vs ganon in general. He has no room to set up his attacks.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I strongly disagree... Ganon on YS scares the **** out of me. I'd say it's BY FAR the worst neutral in the matchup.

I Think it depends on the ganon, some ganons say they need more space to move but some love it for wavelands and spacing bairs etc

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't like fighting Ganon on YS. Ganon gets on that top platform and drops through with any move and Falco is having a bad time. Plus, Falco gets hit once and is being edgeguarded(as opposed to 2 hits =p).

@PEEF: That is amazing LOL.

@MacD: What a jerk. <3

@Double Falco: I don't like it. Lasers tend to cross over and interfere with each Falco's control, and they both die quickly, can't save each other, and don't really kill easily. That's just my take on it though.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I don't like fighting Ganon on YS. Ganon gets on that top platform and drops through with any move and Falco is having a bad time. Plus, Falco gets hit once and is being edgeguarded(as opposed to 2 hits =p).

@PEEF: That is amazing LOL.

@MacD: What a jerk. <3

@Double Falco: I don't like it. Lasers tend to cross over and interfere with each Falco's control, and they both die quickly, can't save each other, and don't really kill easily. That's just my take on it though.
just seems like you need better laser coordination with your teammate. the die quickly thing is true. they can save each other easily with lasers and shines (mostly lasers, going offstage is usually stupid). and with two Falcos, as long as you have good combo chemistry, you can set up absurd kills.

New discovery: shine up air is the greatest thing to ever exist. That is all.
only vs. players with no DI or who DI shines up (also stupid) :laugh:. standard shine DI (away), completely ruins shine -> uair.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hmmmm, well, I guess I'll try double Falco again sometime just to see what it's like then.

Edit: that makes sense though.

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
I'm still having trouble comboing mart with shine. Even below 35 percent. I can shine-> dj-> dair ff, beating the mart to the ground slightly but the mart seems to be able to fair our of it or counter when i go for the utilt.

Edit: also comboing sheik same aspect as marth? Or can you shine her on higher percentage

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
the answer is to make sure you're strong dairing and then shining instead of utilt. requires you to be fast, but it's how you combo them at lower %s. ****it, wouldn't get questions like this if I just got some stuff in the matchup thread... OK, that's it, I'm getting at least Marth up tonight. PP, come to my apt and hold me at gunpoint if I fail to do it :p.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
PP, what I forgot to mention on FB is that the first half of the anti peach technique is just placing your lazers accurately so she has to land
Most falcos I play, when I get in the air they just sort of shoot lazers at me, you gotta snipe her. Imagine you only get one shot to knock her out of the air, duck hunt style
PS falcos: if you shoot a peach out of the air, in the time from lazer hit to landing, peach is really really vulnerable. If you need to approach her, that's the time.
I'm playing this character vs peach from now on, also vs peaches' bad matchups

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@ Mogwai: Couldn't we just do more fun friendlies instead? =p

@IM: Yeah I knew about that part. Thanks for reminding me though.

Top Bottom