• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Axe deserved to win that set, he played better. He also has a **** load of experience in Falco dittos.

Everyone has bad games though :<

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
From what little I actually do know about this matchup, I can help with a few things.

-you hit her shield with aerials that weren't delayed a lot(it's the only way to not get up-B'd OOS using aerials to approach)

-You FH'd and DJ'd a tad too much, and one time it cost you a stock

-I found my own spaced Ftilts to -somewhat- **** vs his samus, so it's worth messing with(unless mogwai says no lol).

You didn't seem very bad at it to me, but I don't know a lot about the matchup so maybe I'm missing a lot.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
ftilt sounds alright, i never really thought about that

yeah i wouldnt consider myself bad at the matchup, i was just wondering if there was something i wasnt noticing that was really costing me opportunities or something

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah, laser to Ftilt(spaced of course) is pretty cool.

Oh yeah! You stay too close to the edge when Samus is there. Hugs kept jumping up and hitting you. I guess you should back off and shot lasers/Bair or something.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
shine > bair at the end of the first combo for like 5% more damage. ;D

I do something along the lines of drill > shine > double jump drill > ff utilt > shine+bair. iirc that's about a 60% combo unless they di the first shine HARD away. then falco can sometimes follow it up with wd > running full hop uair, but iirc peach can nair out of any of his attempts of follow ups if she dis the shine hard away.

mid percent if you can catch her airborn you can chain like 3 or 4 nairs fox status without her being able to retaliate. there is a certain hitbox of falcos nair that knocks her away but doesn't have alot of knockback which allows falco to follow up each one with another nair. it also has enough hitstun to prevent peach from nairing out of it.

also dtilt is like falcos best killing move against peach imo.

crouch canceling peaches forward air after spawn, or below 40 or 50% usually nets you a free revenge dtilt ko or a free 40~60+% combo if you're good at following up.

This works against dash attack too around roughly the same percentages. Also something good to take note if you use fox as well. fox can also crouch cancel her fair and dash attack at low and mid percent for a free usmash or grab > uair ko.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i lost to another samus

do you have any suggestions for herding her around when youre not on fd? i have way more trouble doing good spacing and all that other necessary stuff when she has platforms available to move around on

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i lost to another samus

do you have any suggestions for herding her around when youre not on fd? i have way more trouble doing good spacing and all that other necessary stuff when she has platforms available to move around on
:( . that makes me sad, big dizzle. i never liked falco vs samus, that matchup is frustrating.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i like falco vs samus more than any other matchup vs samus

i kinda like fox but my fox is way too inconsistent to be reliable

MacD

Banned via Administration

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Okay, with comboing fox from 0 percent if i dair->waveshine->shhfl dair->waveshine-> shffl upair-> do i then chase with lasers? Run upsmash?. I usuallly try and go for a shffl nair but if they di the up air you can't really catch them

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
How do you manage the ditto? I'm having a lot of trouble with lasers ironically. It feels like... we both start shooting, and whoever moves in and gets a laser in first usually will start a combo and **** a stock. When should I shoot, and when should I defend? When the situation starts getting... sticky, should I try crouch-canceling or something?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
i lost to another samus

I strongly suggest you watch Lambchops vs IHSB on YS(I believe it was there). Chops does a great job of using double lasers from the edge/platform to control samus' movement very well. Double lasers are always necessary when trying to control characters these days.

@MacD: I'm going to ask you to phrase that better. It's too ambiguous. Also, I never said any of that stuff.

Edit: @Melomaniacal- The Falco that gains laser control has control of the matchup in the ditto. If you're on the losing end of this control battle, then you're probably starting off in your shield. The only real options you have are to sit in your shield and shine OOS the aerial that is coming/Dair to beat the Nair that is probably coming, powershield a laser, or jump to higher ground/in between lasers to find an opening to sneak your lasers back in.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So, lets say he gets the offense going, and I get my shield up. He dairs my shield, and he's probably going to shine after. At this point I can pretty reliably shield grab in this situation, but can my shine OOS reliably beat out his next aerial? That's something I'm definitely going to need to practice.

Bleh, the dittos just get so sloppy, haha. Lasers and shines and aerials just end up flying all over the place, haha. I need more experience in it I guess.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@MacD: Thank you for taking the time to clear up your terribly-worded question.

As for your answer: I have no idea. You should come train me when I go home to Modesto.

@Melo: Yeah, it's hard to do without experience. If Falco doesn't delay his Dair, then it's better to shine OOS than it is to shield grab because you can start combos up directly from a shine, whereas it's doable but much harder to combo from a grab.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
Okay, with comboing fox from 0 percent if i dair->waveshine->shhfl dair->waveshine-> shffl upair-> do i then chase with lasers? Run upsmash?. I usuallly try and go for a shffl nair but if they di the up air you can't really catch them
i used to love the uair but it's really not that good imo
it has like no stun it seems :(

after the shine you can try nair->fsmash or something. fair combos better in this situation because it doesn't hit them as far

or laser-fsmash if they don't airdodge
or dair techchase.. if they miss the tech reverse utilt->(shine)bair or something
dair doesn't let them tech til about 40-45% or so

MacD

;) <3 it's what i do, i just go around trolling anyone and everyone

so pp, peach/falco as a team would it work? thoughts?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
;) <3 it's what i do, i just go around trolling anyone and everyone

so pp, peach/falco as a team would it work? thoughts?
Gah what a terrible person.

Peach/Falco? I've never tried it lol. I have such limited teams experience.....

If I had to GUESS, I'd say that it's a pretty good team because Falco tends to die a lot and Peach tends to live well. Both characters apply great pressure and kill decently, and Peach can save Falco(and Falco can kind of save Peach if he can laser her up-B, but I have no clue how reliable/useful that is).

Then again, Peach can float over Falco's lasers, so Peach could pressure shields with Dairs/etc and Falco could laser, which would be a pretty solid wall of ****. Hmmm.....

MacD

sooooo, basically what you are saying is that we need to team and **** everyone?

well if you think that is best ppmd

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I really love having a Fox teammate personally. Fox kills, recovers well, saves Falco, and is very good at keeping pressure on/working with Falco's abilities. It's kind of a style-based thing though. If you play an opportunistic Falco with a safe Fox, then you tend to get ***** if you don't coordinate well. However, if you have, say, an aggro Fox and Falco together, then you can really pressure your opponents and overwhelm them.

I don't think that actually helps much, so I'll just say that overall, Fox is definitely one of Falco's better partners.

Edit: MacD, we'll see. =p

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
i used to love the uair but it's really not that good imo
it has like no stun it seems :(

after the shine you can try nair->fsmash or something. fair combos better in this situation because it doesn't hit them as far

or laser-fsmash if they don't airdodge
or dair techchase.. if they miss the tech reverse utilt->(shine)bair or something
dair doesn't let them tech til about 40-45% or so
yeah i tend to use fair a bit even though it's ranked as such an awful move. But yeah it doesnt seem like you can really have a reliable combo against fox past 55 percent. But yeah you definally still have alot of options. I still think up air is fairly safe even though it doesnt set up that well it seems. And yeah i should try laser forward smash or nair after shine, greater risk of fail but greater reward i guess.

MacD

well i mean if you don't want an opportunity to team with a fellow modestan/**** peach... your choice

just throwing it out there in case ;)

Top Bottom