• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Filthee

Smash Rookie
You mean stage CP? You'd want a lot of room, so either FD or DL(trust me, laser room is worth it) would be nice. PS is okay too(depending on your comfort zone).

Thanks man! I plan on really cleaning my game up so hopefully you'll only see better things from me. =)
i followed your advice today and handled the ganon i was talking about.

laser camping + shine combos out the wang whenever theres contact = GG ganon doez u liek mah 3 stocks?

thanks again for the help

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
the answer is to make sure you're strong dairing and then shining instead of utilt. requires you to be fast, but it's how you combo them at lower %s. ****it, wouldn't get questions like this if I just got some stuff in the matchup thread... OK, that's it, I'm getting at least Marth up tonight. PP, come to my apt and hold me at gunpoint if I fail to do it :p.
i'm really not exactly sure what you mean by strong dairing them. Lets say i shine marth at 25 percent double jump asap out of shine slightly above marth. Ff dair. Hit the ground just before marth does and then? Are you saying to shine again followed by arieal. Even though i remember reading don't shine marth if he's higher than 35 percent. Which he would be after shine+ dair on like 15 or so percent.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i'm really not exactly sure what you mean by strong dairing them. Lets say i shine marth at 25 percent double jump asap out of shine slightly above marth. Ff dair. Hit the ground just before marth does and then? Are you saying to shine again followed by arieal. Even though i remember reading don't shine marth if he's higher than 35 percent. Which he would be after shine+ dair on like 15 or so percent.
well, basically, if after your dair, he's low enough to shine, shine, other wise, utilt. strong dair is the begining part of the hitbox, I'm just saying, don't start the dair mad early and then FF it through until he's into the 35-60 range. and I don't really pay attention to %, but suffice to say my standard shine combos on marth from 0 tend to be something along of the lines of dair -> shine -> dair -> shine -> weak dair -> utilt -> shine bair or something.

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man, was the kind of answer i was looking for: ). I guess a weak dair wouldn't really work in pal version as well though since second half of dair doesn't spike. And also would you ever sh upair after u tilt and try to go for shine bair. Or is uptilt a waste in that situation since shine bair has more damage.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Are there any secrets to shine OOS? I tend to spot-dodge a lot instead when I try.
I assume I'll just need to practice it.

Cross.

Smash Ace
everytime I try to ledgehop double laser i get 1 high 1 low. Anything special about getting the 2 lasers to be the lowest to the ground? or am I jus not timing **** right?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
everytime I try to ledgehop double laser i get 1 high 1 low. Anything special about getting the 2 lasers to be the lowest to the ground? or am I jus not timing **** right?
It sounds like the peak of your ledgehop is too high. Drop down lower before you jump.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
well, basically, if after your dair, he's low enough to shine, shine, other wise, utilt. strong dair is the begining part of the hitbox, I'm just saying, don't start the dair mad early and then FF it through until he's into the 35-60 range. and I don't really pay attention to %, but suffice to say my standard shine combos on marth from 0 tend to be something along of the lines of dair -> shine -> dair -> shine -> weak dair -> utilt -> shine bair or something.
how do you get the secod shine off before marth fairs you?

i either just dair>shine>shine and then gtfo or if im feelign lucky CC the fair and then shine.

i can never get dair>shine>dair>shine to combo legit starting at 0.

MacD

Banned via Administration
lol idk who you guys play

but when peach gets hit by the laser's she doesn't have time to dsmash cause falco can follow up

and he has invinsibility from what i've seen so you can't hit him before :(

Top Bottom