• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
GLORIOUS.

(learn to SHFFL dair/nair/bair to a shine first probably, rinse and repeat, mix up those 3. not really sure your tech skill level) I know your asking PP but yeah, juz helpins!

Short
Hop
Fast
Fall
L-cancel

Incase you were wondering :p
Know how to do all of those, although i just have problem recognizing if i did the L cancel right X_X don't know if im moving faster or not lol. it's cool, any help helps =D i just needa work on consistency lol

Uhh make sure you can waveshine

mad important
can do that yay =D

First of all, thanks. =)

When I first got serious with Falco, I worked on getting consistent SHLs and RSHLs. I'd mix that in with SHFFL practice(and maybe mix in a little combo stuff if I was doing well enough with my SHFFLs). You'll also want to get your waveshines down pretty early too, since they help with combos a lot of the time.
no thank you =D, What is RSHLs? (l should look it up D: ) Pretty sure l got the SHFFLs down and waveshining down, just wondering what's next after that lol. Also your thoughts on OOS Upsmash, Shine JC Upsmash? (dunno if that's the name..) and falco's upsmash in general?

`DNS`

Smash Lord
rshl = reverse short hop laser

also if you can do everything right just work on doing everything right all the time

also shortening your over-b and angling your firebird helps

shine->bair is a pretty cool combo (doesn't really work if they DI but it adds a lil extra % before the bair, and if you're high enough they can't DI up or get star KO'd :laugh:)

Lovage

Smash Hero
wtf

stomp oos never ever beats utilt

utilt pretty much destroys all of falcon's oos options besides grab (which doesn't matter if u landed behind them like a champ)

ur only having this problem because you're shield pressuring wrong. prolly doing nair too high on their shield so they have a million years to do stuff

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
SS has actually stomped OOS when I tried to uptilt him when shield pressuring(and it works). This even happened when I went behind him.

I tend to work in more Bairs/Nairs when I would ordinarily use uptilt against Falcons that do that stomp. It works pretty well.

dairspike

Smash Cadet
If they always do an aerial out of shield, just wait for them to exit their shield animation then utilt.

Or you could just grab them.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
A lot of Falcons in my area still don't realize that I can shield pressure correctly. They try to no-respect shieldgrab my late nairs and get shine comboed as a result.

By the way, I've been doing a lot of laser pressure -> SH waveland back -> fsmash their failed shieldgrab. It's so :rotfl:

bolt.

Smash Ace
I guess you can really only come from above, but I wouldn't approach, in that situation I would just get as far away as possible and hold shine until they stop.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
wd forward, turn around without using the dash animation, wd backwards, turn around again, wd forwards
Pretty much the silent wolf with no shines. Hell of a lot easier, though. Still useful when I need to get to the ledge. SW probably knows a more technical/cooler looking way to do it, and I'm probably doing it wrong D:

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
so, how do you DJ (or full jump) double laser...... land on a platform, and then IMMEDIATELY fall under the platform and laser again?
i see it all the time, and i can't seem to understand the physics behind it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6eqa850P1I
0:14-0:16
It's called Isai dropping. Basically if you land on a platform and you're not wavelanding or throwing an aerial, you go in this weird kneeling animation. You can cancel it by walking, though, so you just land, walk forward a tiny bit and then you can drop through.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
It's called Isai dropping. Basically if you land on a platform and you're not wavelanding or throwing an aerial, you go in this weird kneeling animation. You can cancel it by walking, though, so you just land, walk forward a tiny bit and then you can drop through.
Thank you so much!
I've been so curious, and i've heard the term before "isai dropping", but i never bothered to ask what it was. :p

unknown522

Some guy
attack me...I'm talking about good falcos, not the mid-level ones.

random d-air beats out/trades with a move, then they get a combo. Sometimes the laser hits when I try to attack, then I get pressured/hit.

I can't approach from above because they will u-air/u-tilt me. Or they CC if it's not a drill.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Falco isn't fast enough to avoid Fox's aerial stuff to do that last part, Unknown. If you space a Nair/Bair, then a CC wouldn't get Falco anything, and Uair/maybe even Utilt wouldn't reach either(I bet it wouldn't trade either if spaced properly). Falco just runs too slow to set that up, so as long as Fox doesn't fall down at the same times, then I don't see Falco being ready for an attack or being able to counter it very easily.

At least, that's what happens when I play. Maybe I'm doin it wrong.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I did? Well I always forget to CC so that means I just predicted you falling down with an aerial onto me and used an uptilt(probably). You can either bait that or just space a falling aerial around it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Haha thanks Arc. I wasn't playing at top technical speed but it was definitely about average play for my Falco.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
So I've started doing this:

Get Up-B'd by Falcon, techwalljump instant dair, hit them every time, recover.

It's common to do this with Falcon/Ganon, (aka the RockCrock) but I've never seen it done (and surely not purposely done) with Falco.

I'm calling it the PEEF.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I do it occasionally but i cant do it consistently, im usually too scared to go out and try.
It's still the rockcrock =P they die, you live, same thing happens
and its rapetastic

unknown522

Some guy
I did? Well I always forget to CC so that means I just predicted you falling down with an aerial onto me and used an uptilt(probably). You can either bait that or just space a falling aerial around it.
yeah. I'll have to use my best judgement and get better at having good judgement.

and thanks.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lol people are just finding out about walltech to dair? lolz.

Next you guys will flip your **** when i tell you u can walltech an onstage edgeguard (say foxs downsmash) into a insta Bair to make them gtfo and then upB recover.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
lol people are just finding out about walltech to dair? lolz.

Next you guys will flip your **** when i tell you u can walltech an onstage edgeguard (say foxs downsmash) into a insta Bair to make them gtfo and then upB recover.
i experimented with this for a while. generally the part of the bair that hit was weak and my opponent just got back over and edgeguarded again. ive always thought there's probably a worthwhile application of this technique, but i never figured out how to pull it off. best i ever found was just illusioning back on high, so that it hits them. tends to work if you only pull it out every once in a while.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i experimented with this for a while. generally the part of the bair that hit was weak and my opponent just got back over and edgeguarded again. ive always thought there's probably a worthwhile application of this technique, but i never figured out how to pull it off. best i ever found was just illusioning back on high, so that it hits them. tends to work if you only pull it out every once in a while.
i hit with the strong part of the bair all the time. u just do it asap

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
the bair thing is only good when they're like, above 80 so that they can't just CC and then **** your up B. Personally I just wish I could do what PC does and not tech jump and do the instat forward B every single time.

Also, I let Falcon up B me with Pikachu and then tail spike them, it's awesome.

Top Bottom