• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Pertty nice tier list thar Mogwai.

Just curious, what makes you believe Falco > Fox?

Its so funny how my pre-Armada tier list was and now that Armada unlocked a lot of her potential I think she's really good now too.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Pertty nice tier list thar Mogwai.

Just curious, what makes you believe Falco > Fox?

Its so funny how my pre-Armada tier list was and now that Armada unlocked a lot of her potential I think she's really good now too.
I'm just gonna make a thread about it with some explanations, but the reasons for Falco > Fox are:

1. Falco has no matchups that should be worse than even (I think he currently loses to Jiggs, but I think he's really crippled in the match because people have refused to play him at it for so long)

2. The majority of the field nowadays are spacies and I think that Falco matches up with spacies better than the rest of the cast. Fox can have better rounded matchups all he wants, he still needs to be able to get through X amount of Falco players at every tourney and Falco wins that matchup (albeit by a small margin).

3. I believe Falco's margin for error is larger than Fox's, which makes him easier to succeed with in a tournament setting because you don't have to be as on point for as long.

4. I believe Falco dictates match pace better than Fox and more universally than Fox (I believe he dictates the pace of all matchups), which again helps in tournies a bunch since you get to take breathers when you need to mid-match.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Is there anything i can do to escape Peachs Chains grab? it honestly feel hopeless everytime i get grabbed at around 40ish. I get chaingrabbed and then nair'd and edgeguarded.

i swear its worst than marths, atleast marth there little tricks you can do but peach just destorys me with grabs :/

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Falco gets ***** by chaingrabs from Peach.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
meh, banning FD isnt really that much of an answer, you still have to put up with semi chain grabs, then when you DI towards the platform, they just wait for your tech/no tech and FJ Nair/Fair whatever you do, then you're offstage and get ***** more.

plus FD has its upsides

im just wondering if theres cool tricks i can do to escape that i somehow havent heard of yet or if the CG is just broken like that.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That works also. Peach can still cg, but her options for covering platforms are extremely limited I feel.

Basically there's no way to escape the cg until like one hundred something on FD. If you're at like 40, just get to the edge and then at least you have a better shot at not dying. Don't play in the middle of the stage.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Landing on a platform and getting naired, is much better than getting cg'd and then dying.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Ummmmm, good Peaches (like VaNz) will only nair you on the platform at high percents. At low percents, she'll probably waveland onto the platform and dsmash or tech chase you from below with uair -> follow up.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ya, landing on a platform vs peach isnt really all that great.

sure its better than garunteed deatth but its pretty much negligible considering whatever she does will probably knock you off anyway.

meh, i guess theres no easy solution to this dumb *****

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Good Peaches (like Cort) will get you onto the platform and not **** you too bad as long as you don't do something stupid.

Niko45

Smash Master
I would focus more on not getting grabbed by her since it should be pretty difficult for peach to grab falco in general.

Like are you getting caught fsmashing her shield? Missing L cancels during shield pressure? Is the peach just timing your shield pressure and you should stop doing it?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I would focus more on not getting grabbed by her since it should be pretty difficult for peach to grab falco in general.

Like are you getting caught fsmashing her shield? Missing L cancels during shield pressure? Is the peach just timing your shield pressure and you should stop doing it?
i dont fsmash or miss l-cancels in shield pressure, and once i get sheild pressure going, i rarely get grabbed/hit out of it.

the 2 biggest times i find myself gettign grabbed are:
1) i do approaching Dairs to beat expected CC, but start the dair early and instea dof CC she sheilds, and hit the high part of her sheild and get grabbed for it then ****ed up. This is one thing about my game i need to change and focus on adjusting somehow, i just dont play nearly enough peachs to have this hammered in yet

2) FC anything -> jab -> grab or just FC aerial->grab gets me sometimes. Granted this happens less often and i tend to buffer rolls out or somehting but it happens every now and then, not really a big issue though.

anyway, yea, i know i should just not be getting grabbed but it happens and i was hoping there was something i could do but hope seems lost.

edit:lol g$ got wrecked

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
2) FC anything -> jab -> grab or just FC aerial->grab gets me sometimes. Granted this happens less often and i tend to buffer rolls out or somehting but it happens every now and then, not really a big issue though.
If they FC fair to grab, I'm pretty sure they have the frame advantage and you're going to get grabbed. So if you see that ***** start that fair, get the **** outta there somehow.

If she does any other aerial to slap, just hold down, shield, and keep mashing the a button because you'll either grab her after the first slap or the second one. Whatever you do, don't do this after a FC>dsmash. Then you'll take 60 damage and die.

Also, I should've clarified about the platform stuff. Any character in the game (if not any, then the ones that matter) can pretty much hit you no matter what if you get on a platform so long as they don't mess up their reaction (the reaction window is pretty big). So, what you have to do, is do the smartest option for trying not to get hit, and then doing anther smart option since you predict that you're going to get hit again.

Hope this helps.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
She beats him. I'm just trying to give advice on how to do better vs her. It is a very tough matchup. I have to play extremely laser campy vs her otherwise I get destroyed.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
What do you mean play like a ******? Just laser a bunch?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Sounds.... horrible.

Sounds very unfun.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i dont think peach beats him, i think its even or slightly in his favor.
combo'ing her is easy
his biggest weakness is that on most stages falco has a huge problem killing her.

how do you platform camp vs a UpB that will eat through everything you do and has no lag on landing?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i dunno, its kind hard to see coming cuz its pretty quick , plus, if you're gonna be platform camping, i assume you mean you sit there throwing out dairs to prevent her from coming up freely, in which case she literally jsut waits on you to do the dair, and then eats it with upB.

another problem is she doesnt have to land on the platform she can parasail out back to the ground...

unless im misunderstanding what you mean by platform camp. but when i think platform camp, i think of the vs jiggs version where she literally cant get up there cuz of her lack of upwards priority, but the same thing isnt quite as good vs peach from my experience.

I.B

Smash Lord
Falco's ability to restrict movement + Peach's bad movement game + Peach's limited shield game =

ggs

I don't think Falco ***** her or anything, but it's definitely not in her favor.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Falco's ability to restrict movement isn't that good against Peach. That specific float distance helps Peach in moving around. Peach also has very good punishes against Falco. Especially since his recovery is so poor she doesn't need to hit him that much.

I actually think this matchup is becoming even.

unknown522

Some guy
peach has advantage for sure.

She can float right in between falco's immediate laser heights, then being safe on his shield coming down to that is really good. GC on some stages is good as well (DL, FD, and FoD sometimes). D-smash is gay and gimps falco pretty easily, plus her amazing and simple edgeguards on falco. D-smash hitting falco multiple times at low percents is gay, with potential tech chase setup. She also has beastly priority on falco (FALCO!!!).

Falco's side of the matchup, is that he may be able to stuff her out of her float approach, if he can avoid trading/getting out-prioritized. His lasering is good for pressuring her when she's on the ground at a distance, otherwise he will just get dash-attacked by the ***** and pressured himself. He has decent combos at low percent, but then he sometimes has trouble getting kills at higher percents, until he can kill her with a b-air (unless he somehow lands a d-tilt or f-smash). He can also edgeguard peach really well if she is low enough for you to bring her down with lasers, but sometimes it's really impossible to get an edgeguard when she's knocked off the stage. Also, falco's d-air -> f-smash tech chase is gay. Falco can also get some n-air -> d-air kills at mid-high percent.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
matchup's even IMO

I go falco vs peach, mostly because sh shine ***** her if she trys to cc and if you don't play like a ****** (by a ****** I mean try to combo her) then you can just lazer her out of her float and fthrow her till she's dead

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
even?! are you kidding me?!
55/45 falco's favor for sure. treat it like falco vs marth when it comes to camping, like spacing and lasers.
don't get grabbed... and dont get downsmashed. simple stuff.
edgeguarding can suck vs peach, but so can marth's.
so.. really i see it almost no different. cc doesnt matter when you have shine and lasers. and bair/nair spacing.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
dsmash isn't even that fantastic against falco if you don't DI like a ******. fair is the real problem with peach.

but yeah, matchup is either even or in falco's favor. Falco is better on CP stages, just auto-ban fd so you don't get grabbed and chain grabbed to death at 30%. You might want to practice fox or falco on brinstar if peach tries to take you there.

if peach takes you to dreamland, just platform camp, but be ready for a 5+ minute game as you're not going to kill her until around 150% on average with bair or dtilt.

peach does surprisingly well against falco on battlefield though. the edges restrict his recovery options, making gimping even easier, and the platforms aren't 9000 feat in the air like dreamland, so platform camping is less effective.

fod is problematic if you're inexperienced, but in falcos favor if you're experienced.

@shaeman: if she dis your dair away and crouches, shine will miss, just as an fyi, which means she gets a free anything on you. Just be mindful of this.

Top Bottom