• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
FALCO IS BROKEN

KEVIN NANNEY USES A CHEAP CHARACTER AND THATS THE REAOSN HE WON

BAN FALCO PL0X

Use a real character, that takes skill, like fox, sheik, or peach. Yeah you heard me.

<3

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Stack it up, PP! :) Has a Falco exclusive main won an international tournament before (I don't consider WGF and RoM 3 to be international tournaments even though Canada and Eddy Mexico went)? I don't consider Mango as a Falco exclusive main because obviously he mains Jigglypuff as well.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Depends on what you consider an "international"

back in MLG days, PC won a few with some of the better players from europe attending (Helios, the__doug)

but, no, there hasnt been a falco "main" this sucessful in 5 years.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
pound 5 pools.

i main ganon.

you teamed with pockyD

i teamed with sneak.

i wanted to try to troll a mod. i dunno if it worked lol.

we should play in singles some time.
steallin my teams partner r we now and pp great work making me want to main falco but then i realize its not the char but the person behind him so good stuff

PK Webb

Smash Champion
been teamin since rom2 son we get it in and at rom 3 we got 2nd seed but he didnt show for bracket =(. he is mad gud tho

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
here's a question for the falco board: I'm a moron. I'm stupid, and i have a low mental capacity. It takes everything I have to space, play a match up correctly, be mindful of the stage, do mixups, react to things, plan things out, and keep my technical skill consistent. This leaves me no room for baits, waits, reads, adaption, or anything. I get ***** if people find me out.

suggest ways I can continue to expand on my strengths. I accept that I'm not a smart player, and I don't have the capability to improve my mental game. instead, I would like to capitalize on what I AM good at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw1dtFA8sDQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx7cakq6XAU

study these and suggest things i can do to improve my strengths. i know better than anybody what my WEAKNESSES are, as anyone should.

D

Deleted member

MANGO IS DEFINITELY STILL THE BEST

How we measure who's good isn't all about tournament results. One of these tournaments mango will show up sober and play characters he's better with and he'll try to win the tournament and he'll win. You'll see.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I think Mow's trying to point out that whether Mango's still capable of being the best is pretty irrelevant when he keeps losing tournaments all the time. I still don't think anyone is on 2009 Mango level play atm, but that's pretty irrelevant because PP's starting to emerge as the dominant force in Melee. PP is the best player in the game right now.

And Falco's still the best character in the game ;)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
imo that gf's showed they are both in the process of surpassing him. mango was the best ever at reading and stage control, but armada is equaling him now, and pp is gaining stage control to ungodly levels where he doesnt even need reads.

D

Deleted member

I think Mow's trying to point out that whether Mango's still capable of being the best is pretty irrelevant when he keeps losing tournaments all the time. I still don't think anyone is on 2009 Mango level play atm, but that's pretty irrelevant because PP's starting to emerge as the dominant force in Melee. PP is the best player in the game right now.

check...and double check. kevin basically has this **** on lock because there's that cute #1 next to his name in the results threads.

i'm guessing the regulars in this thread think I really hate falco. I think he's crazy good, and better than fox, but I don't hate him that much. Besides, no smash character is nearly as gay as brawl diddy. **** it, even if they make more games, they'll have to go out of their way to do something dumber than brawl diddy.

edit:

imo that gf's showed they are both in the process of surpassing him. mango was the best ever at reading and stage control, but armada is equaling him now, and pp is gaining stage control to ungodly levels where he doesnt even need reads.
This is EXACTLY what smash is all about: doing things that your opponents have no answer to. I posted this theory on options time and again earlier, I hope it's finally starting to make sense.

I also played kevin with zelda and lost every match I played with him for this very reason. The crux of zelda vs falco is to edge in an unexpected counter of some kind on the merit that the match is unusual. As such, the first match we played had some laser > aerial > shine approaches, and I was able to answer some accordingly with upsmash OOS. I think at some point early in he realized that I have to respect his aerials and thus started doing laser > grab instead since I had no answer to it as soon as I decided to respect his aerial approaches. I've never been hit by so many falco grabs. Felt good.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer

West Coast says "Nah Dawg" lol

And Yes, Dr. PP is indeed too good at Melee.

/fades away

mers

Smash Ace
I'm not talking about tournament results. I realize that those are one measure of skill, but I wanna hear the opinions of good players who have played both Mango and PeePee (or actually are Mango/PeePee). I'm pretty sure Mango still thinks he's the best, and I know PeePee thought that until recently, but I wanna know if he thinks differently after this tournament. I'm also curious what Armada, M2K, Hbox, and other top pros think (namesearch luck?).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Besides, no smash character is nearly as gay as brawl diddy. **** it, even if they make more games, they'll have to go out of their way to do something dumber than brawl diddy.
diddy isnt even good lol...u sound like a 9 year old whining about his older brothers link.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Falco is the ultimate mindfuck in a way. Falco rewards confidence the best and punishes a lack of confidence the hardest. You can't ever question your focus or it starts to slip, and then so does your performance.
Thisssssss

My confidence was mad weak at times late in bracket. I think I know what to tell myself to remain confident in finals now though(figured it out vs Armada after WFs and it's why I won imo). I'll probably write a wall about it at some point.

Y does the community as a whole lack confidence??? Don't ppl no to be the next pp/shiz/pp u need confidence? I find it funny when ppl say pp/m2k/shiz is gonna win this that and the 3rd. I try to say imma win cuz that's my goal and I want to achieve or come pretty dam close to winning tourneys. That's the mind of a smasher/gamer who will eventually reach their goal with hardwork.
Lmao I never had confidence for the longest time. I literally ran off of drive and videos. And twitch. I don't recommend playing this way at all, but if it gives everyone more confidence knowing I barely ever believed in myself until....RoM3? then **** lol.

Critiques?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jciZQnfjPRI
i called a best of 5 but he said he didn't hear me...LOL so he refused to play the last game
Critique thread please.

Fox vs Falco on FD is just silly. 1 grab should'nt be able to do 80% that easy. I prolly prefer BF and YS against fox as falco. Well, anything that can stop the CGing really except FoD's platforms cuz they just mess up everything
Lol fighting Fox on FD is super weird/gay in terms of punishments. I have to remember to write all of the matchups too....

dr. freepee.
=D

here's a question for the falco board: I'm a moron. I'm stupid, and i have a low mental capacity. It takes everything I have to space, play a match up correctly, be mindful of the stage, do mixups, react to things, plan things out, and keep my technical skill consistent. This leaves me no room for baits, waits, reads, adaption, or anything. I get ***** if people find me out.

suggest ways I can continue to expand on my strengths. I accept that I'm not a smart player, and I don't have the capability to improve my mental game. instead, I would like to capitalize on what I AM good at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw1dtFA8sDQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx7cakq6XAU

study these and suggest things i can do to improve my strengths. i know better than anybody what my WEAKNESSES are, as anyone should.
Critique thread please.

Peepee I hate you because I'm from Yurop but I also love you because you're too good.

<3
Lmao I respect that.

PeePee: I'm assuming you played Mango some at the tourney. Do you still think he's better than you?
Yes, but that gap is closing the more and more we play and I think. =) Mango and I go about evenish in Falco dittos(seriously), I beat his Fox almost every time once we both get fully beasting(but he says he doesn't have the patience for it to beat me....lol I told him I'd believe it when I saw it =p), and he doesn't play Puff much/at all anymore as far as I know.

He's better vs other people and has way better strategy than I do though. arg lol

check...and double check. kevin basically has this **** on lock because there's that cute #1 next to his name in the results threads.

i'm guessing the regulars in this thread think I really hate falco. I think he's crazy good, and better than fox, but I don't hate him that much. Besides, no smash character is nearly as gay as brawl diddy. **** it, even if they make more games, they'll have to go out of their way to do something dumber than brawl diddy.

edit:

This is EXACTLY what smash is all about: doing things that your opponents have no answer to. I posted this theory on options time and again earlier, I hope it's finally starting to make sense.

I also played kevin with zelda and lost every match I played with him for this very reason. The crux of zelda vs falco is to edge in an unexpected counter of some kind on the merit that the match is unusual. As such, the first match we played had some laser > aerial > shine approaches, and I was able to answer some accordingly with upsmash OOS. I think at some point early in he realized that I have to respect his aerials and thus started doing laser > grab instead since I had no answer to it as soon as I decided to respect his aerial approaches. I've never been hit by so many falco grabs. Felt good.
<3 It was fun hangin out bro. Also playing your Zelda was cool. Luckily I had a little Zelda training over the years every once in a while from Zone(goes by Shag from GA....probly never heard of him) and thelake in a MM at Apex.

Thanks for all the loves guys. =)

Top Bottom