• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
it's like pp knows all the stuff i'm gonna use to **** him in a few weeks.

this is madness.

but there are other things too, so even if you have ways to deal with what you've mentioned, still other tricks and tactics exist.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
sheild pressure vs ganon is also naturally hard cuz of his gigantic shield and height, you hit so high on the shield theres generally a bigger margin of error for shield grab on his part

ganon takes the RPS of traditional shield pressure and makes it harder on the falco (in terms of getting grabbed)

thats what i find anyway, ganon grabs me more than any character i find.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
sheild pressure vs ganon is also naturally hard cuz of his gigantic shield and height, you hit so high on the shield theres generally a bigger margin of error for shield grab on his part

ganon takes the RPS of traditional shield pressure and makes it harder on the falco (in terms of getting grabbed)

his aerials OoS suck though so you can just delay your aerial without giving him openings to **** you up so long as you get deep enough in that he can't fadeback fair.

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
does his stomp hop over shines like capt?

idk i was playing Warriorknights ganon the other day and i was like wow this char is homo.. ill record next time get some tips i guess.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
it's like pp knows all the stuff i'm gonna use to **** him in a few weeks.

this is madness.

but there are other things too, so even if you have ways to deal with what you've mentioned, still other tricks and tactics exist.
I didn't say that more didn't exist that I knew of. =)

PP since you know everything

How can I make Niko love me
I don't know everything lmao stop acting like you didn't know that anyway. XD

Yes.

Yes.

Yup.

his aerials OoS suck though so you can just delay your aerial without giving him openings to **** you up so long as you get deep enough in that he can't fadeback fair.
Shield grab.

Also, shield DI.

Also also, Falco playing with his spacing at all helps Ganon because of things like shield DI and Ganon's **** shield. He can get away with more than you think just by virtue of people being human and mixing stuff up. Obviously frame vs frame he SHOULDN'T get stuff, but no one plays frame perfectly and there are gonna be holes regardless with shield DI and various pressure mixups.

his fullhop stomp oos works the same as falcons i believe.
Falcons FH stomp? I've only seen them SH stomp and that works fine. Ganon's FH stomp is way better than Falcon's anyway.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hehe our long legs are ****. also gets us out of range of that crap *** hexagon of yours while setting us up for whatever we decide.

also, one day, one of us ganons is gonna stop sandbagging and actually cg you falco's to death.

haven't decided yet whether it'll be me or not.

55-45, your favor. for now.

*unsubscribes*

JPOBS

Smash Hero
so then can't he consistently grab you by just grabbing after the shine?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
The solution is that everyone starts frame perfect shine grabbing or double shining a lot.

Otherwise one day ganondorfs will shield grab you everytime.

Ganon is the future.

:(

Ryan-K

Smash Master
falcos shine stops yoshis double jump HILARIOUS SHINE SPIKE

also never shield vs ganonbanana always move stay on the move like rush hour 2

dat tipman practice from 2 years ago

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Falcons FH stomp? I've only seen them SH stomp and that works fine. Ganon's FH stomp is way better than Falcon's anyway.
Yea, I was saying Ganon's fullhop dair worked similarly to falcons sh stomp oos

lmao @ TRLahti

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I feel like Ganon's beats more stuff because it's a bigger move and he's farther away from the opponent whereas Falcon kinda baits stuff with his/moves out of range and then back in.

That's just what it feels like to me anyway.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
DGDTJ report:

Made it out of pools; Beat Boback (SideFX), got ***** by Lovage and Scar, pretty much double 3-stocked the rest of my pool lol.
Lost to Mooninite, 1-2, last stock high percentage. Was pretty upset.
Lost to MacD (i ***** lol)

Friendlies:

Beat swiftbass' secondaries 5-0
Beat Falcomist 2-0
Won about 60-40 vs SFat's Fox
Went 50/50 with SFat's Falco
Went like 0-5 vs SFat's Sheik. :(
Went like 0-5 vs Bob$ :(
Had some fun, but really drama-filled dittos with Trahh throughout the weekend. Either my technical skill would be horrible, or his would. Also I got phantasm spiked like 50 times by him throughout the weekend. I apparently suck at edge guarding Falco LOL.
Went 2-3 vs Myko. Last game he 4-stocked me. :(

Played a bunch of friendlies with other people I'm not very familiar with.

Did NOT play friendlies with a LOT of people I wish I could have.

My combo game has improved a lot, and I was surprised how well I was able to read other players just based off my experience in AZ. My biggest problem in Cali was that I couldn't edgeguard properly. Players in Cali have pretty mediocre combo DI but it's REALLY hard to actually KILL a lot of the players here. (for me, at least.) It would be common for me to nearly death combo a player, then love two stocks in the process of just trying to kill whomever.

Not many vids of me were recorded. It was more of a priority for me to record people who are actually good at this game. :p

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
upload them matches soon ruby ;D

lol don't provide friendlies as an example for anything, you saying like 'beat falcomist 2-0' kinda sounds silly since he'd 2-0 you in actual tournament, saying like 'did well against falcomist' makes more sense

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I HAVE THREE STOCKED HAX

in friendlies lol

Yeah, trahhh makes a good point... I know personally I usually spend friendlies experimenting, rather than trying to win. It's awesome to do well, but saying "I did well against _____" is a lot better usually.

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
i think its the exact opposite, what he said is exactly what happened saying he did "well" is completely opinion. for all he knows falcomist wasnt even trying (just using the same example not saying he didnt) i got chewed out in the RoM results thread cuz i said i felt i did well in a match. Then they tried to act like i got destroyed. so meh.

It would be different if he said

i beat falcomist 2-0 therefore im better. when it was friendlies. but he didnt. he just recapped what happened. hehe just my 2 cents

Brookman

Smash Hero
If you feel like you did well there's really no reason for anyone to tell you otherwise. Honestly, Even if you got 3 stocked or 4 stocked. If you felt like you learned something or were able to do something challenging/rewarding in your opinion, you should be allowed to feel good about it.

Just make sure that next time you play that person you do better/beat them.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I guess trahh and I are auto-assuming that the implication is that he did well, while 2-0ing sounds a bit... more like a serious set?

I take your point though, it could go either way.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Let's be honest though, even in a friendly match when you're ****ing around. If you can easily beat a player you will.

At Rom3 I would play people, **** around for 3 stocks, and make multi-stock come backs on my final stock.

On the other hand if you want to play someone you should notify them that you want a seriously instead of a friendly. seriously, this is serious.

Niko45

Smash Master
Friendlies could be serious or screwing around which is why you don't want to put too much weight on them and realistically you probably shouldn't be reporting them on smashboards at all.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Yeah, what druggedfox said. i think someone saying they did well sounds less cocky/confident than saying you just 2-0'd(didn't lose to) a really good player. saying you did well is just implying that you didn't get *****, or didn't play poorly. you can play well and still not win.

i get that he's using fact to provide, but in friendlies i think it's stupid to keep track of a win to loss ratio where one player could be trying and the other isn't. In tournament, it's expected that you try, it's where the competition is judged, losing in friendlies is honestly meaningless , and proven to be meaningless given ruby 2-0'd him. [ruby your good, but cmon it's falcomist.]

saying he did "well" is completely opinion. for all he knows falcomist wasnt even trying
exactly. when someone says they felt they did good, it's not as if they're saying it like fact, they're saying, "for who i am, and for who they are, i felt i played good". and also yes we don't even know if he was trying, so to say he got 2-0'd by ruby sounds kinda silly.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Frankly, he's just saying "I played two friendly games with falcomist and won both."

no johns. yo.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Oh, i see. your point was kinda lost in the midst of the other stuff in your post so i just kinda skipped over it lol.

@Trahh & DruggedFox

I don't really see what the problem is with remembering how many games you played with certain players. I only played two games with Falcomist, and only 5 games with Swift for example, so it was very easy for me to recall what happened.

Then there were matches like with Trahh and Sfat where I played with the two of you for an upwards of an hour, so I could only remember a generalization of what happened throughout the course of the games we played.

Falcomist was sandbagging. He did say at dinner that he basically just goes to tournaments to hang out with people, and his head really isn't in the game anymore. I'm not trying to say "hurr i beat falcomist so i'm CLEARLY the better player." I'm saying "Oh my god, I did so well versus someone I've looked up to since 2008." Sandbagging or not, Falcomist is still an awesome player/person.

The same logic behind playing with SFat and Swift. Two other really, really good players who I did well against. Even if they were sandbagging, knowing that I've improved to the point that I can actually hang with them, even in a friendly environment, means a lot for me. From where I'm coming from, I'm used to players sandbagging me, and still routinely 3 stocking me regardless of the fact that they aren't giving me their everything.

/elaboration rant.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
hop off ruby's nuts. He's not even trolling and being annoying like usual.

How bout we go back to the point of the thread. Talk about something useful like the fox match up. I don't think we've discussed that in a while

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
flutterhush to dair? ive been missing out mang.

I have been flutterhushing lately by accident...
..and.. its not even that bad of a move.

Top Bottom