• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I never got to play any sheiks with marth... I'm angry.

Btw niko, good **** on winnin that tourney =]

How do you do vs vanz's sheik usually?

Niko45

Smash Master
I never got to play any sheiks with marth... I'm angry.

Btw niko, good **** on winnin that tourney =]

How do you do vs vanz's sheik usually?
Thanks man. It was actually the first time I've beaten a legit sheik player in tournament before so it was pretty big for me.

Vanz just inexplicably trashes me. Not just with sheik either, the Peach is a problem too. In all seriousness, I'll take Hax or Jman in bracket before Vanz. Idk if he's just good vs Marth or what but it's gonna take me a while to be able to compete with him. I'm working on it, though.

Jimbo Slice

Smash Journeyman
So I'm teaching a friend how to Melee and they've decided to play Falco. I don't have much experience with the bird. Could somebody give me a list of necessary Falco techniques to play him successfully? Just want to make sure I don't overlook anything.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Thanks for the feedback JPOBS.

it was decided that a lazer does not provide enough frames of hitlag for somebody to SDI off the ground, right?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
So I'm teaching a friend how to Melee and they've decided to play Falco. I don't have much experience with the bird. Could somebody give me a list of necessary Falco techniques to play him successfully? Just want to make sure I don't overlook anything.
direct him to mogwai's guide. if you really wont

shffl
wd
wd out of shine
shl
waveland

unknown522

Some guy
to m y knowledge no. Lasers have no knockback, and resets are a function of knockback and character weight. So unless im somehow mistaken, a laser will always reset at any %.
depends on the character. iirc, heavier characters are jab reset to higher percent, lighter characters stop being reset at low percents.

could be wrong about it but i think thats how it worlds.
you can (A)SDI falco's jab with any character at 0%. His jab is too strong.

I'd also put Taj next to IB, idk who I like more out of those two Marths as far as complete Marth mains right now.
IB's definitely better. (with marth).

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i wouldn't count on that. unfortunately i dont think Magus namesearches anymore. someone test it! it's probably not possible but... SDI moves you pretty far, so maybe.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I've heard I.B. is like

really really really really really really good at marth

but i've only seen him at like one national

:\

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
DGDTJ is in 3 days. Critique is GREATLY appreciated.

Rubyiris (Falco) vs . (Fox)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE0HGMKGy84

Rubyiris (Falco) vs . (Captain Falcon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWo55caEPkM

I have a juggs match uploading that I'll post later.
I watched the Fox set, and I just have a few observations.

1. Work on shine OOS more. There were a handful of situations where it would have been good but you didn't nail it.
2. Use late aerials when approaching a shield.
3. Don't over-commit your approaches. There were so many occasions where you landed a shine but dropped your combo because you committed to, say, double shining or shine grabbing, and when the first shine hit you didn't react fast enough to combo.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't play with good enough players often enough to work on shine out of shield. You have no idea how much it irritates me not being able to.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I don't play with good enough players often enough to work on shine out of shield. You have no idea how much it irritates me not being able to.
When I was practicing it, I would just put a Bowser on level 4-6 and let him hit my shield to practice it under shield stun. The helpful thing is that he will jab, and if he is above you he will down-B, do you'll get the feel for it with more and less shield stun.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Hold up on the cstick while holding the sheild button. Similar to buffering a roll

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Any ideas on how to shorthop the reflector? If its possible at all.

Also, how would you do the double shine?
i dont understand the first question

doubleshining is shine -> jump -> shine again. you have to do it fast.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Disregard the first question. Its me being young dumb and idiotic.

What button do you use to double shine? I use the analog stick myself.

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
PP i had some questions bout throwing Jiggs.

First off i notice u dont use dthrow against her? why is that?

roughly around what % do u start looking for upthrow upair for the kill?

how do u make upthrow fair work at low %s? this goes for marth and other floaties too

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
Hold up on the cstick while holding the sheild button. Similar to buffering a roll
I don't think buffering the jump with c-stick it a great idea if you're gonna SOoS. it requires you to react to your own jump. its much more awkward to stay on the ground IMO which is preferred. Since the c-stick will input a jump every frame you will jump the first frame you get out of hitstun, a good benefit yet difficult to use in practice when following with a shine

and what was it that M2K said about falco following up with hit after an up throw on Marth? Maybe there was some kind of asterisk with percentages IDK but this is still a good example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdwhcf87s3s#t=2m34s

Top Bottom