• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Sanu

Smash Champion
do d-air -> shine -> d-air -> 2 u-tilts -> shine -> d-air -> move of choice. It's better anyway.
I was planning on asking you tomorrow too LOL but here you are, always knowing, always vigilant... LOL thanks ryan

infamous522 rite thurr

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
is there any vids of a typical falco v marth low percent shine dair combo online? i always do it but tend to screw it up so that marth gets out of hitstun before i can shine him again after dairing him... and get punished

i read that pp said to stop after 35% but i can't even get to 35% without ****ing it up haha. thanks
a few of the eggm/m2k friendlies from 1974 are what you are looking for.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I have major consistency issues. One day I'll be nailing everything I do, the next I'll barely be able to play. Why is this? Someone heal me.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Technical consistency isn't really a problem for me, I just have a bunch of **** I can or cannot do.

Now, seeing as most people that play Falco also have dabbled in Fox, can any dual mains give me some tips for not ****ing up all my tech skill when I switch from one to the other? The problem seems to be almost entirely going from Fox to Falco. Just because Fox's inputs are sort of... Faster. If I play Fox too long, I wind up not being able to even waveshine without extreme effort if I swap to Falco. Not legit.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
So as of now, I think I have almost every matchup down to the standard level cept one. Falco dittos >_>
and wth, its my favorite match but its also my weakness >_<

help plz?

btw, I just played Zhu like yesterday in falco dittos. He knows soo many shenanigans with Falco its crazy; especailly on platforms on Battlefield. He does some wierd combos i rarely see anyone else do >_. I didn't take a single game off him of my 5-7 matches.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
So as of now, I think I have almost every matchup down to the standard level cept one. Falco dittos >_>
and wth, its my favorite match but its also my weakness >_<

help plz?

btw, I just played Zhu like yesterday in falco dittos. He knows soo many shenanigans with Falco its crazy; especailly on platforms on Battlefield. He does some wierd combos i rarely see anyone else do >_. I didn't take a single game off him of my 5-7 matches.
Come up north soon and Falco ditto me. All that Kels experience I have might rub off on you, even though Zhu kinda messed him up... >_>

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
falco dittos:

1) get laser control

2) land a shine

3) combo and hopefully get your opponent offstage at the end.

thats all. your goal is nearly always to land a shine and then combo. other moves are used inside combos sometimes and otherwise only to trick your opponent. if he thinks you're going to do one thing and you shine instead, you landed a shine. that is your ultimate goal.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
the real question is, how to make sure you do? i'd like to be able to go for a suicide spike but trade and then live every time. that would be so dank.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Short question: How do you guys practice shine OoS after hitstun? I seem to always spotdodge instead.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
thats a tough one. a friend to practice with would be great. you could ask him to hit your shield with whatever move and buffer a spot dodge a few times to get an idea of when you can act and then take it from there. hard to convince someone to spend that time hitting your shield over and over, though, in my experience.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Thanks, for the jumping tips. I get caught several times by different peoples out of shield options. I see how jumping then countering can solves thoughs. Do yall have any other tips to countering out of shield options

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Dang, I was hoping to be able to practice by myself or something. =|

Thanks for the responses.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Throw someone offstage like Peach, Marth, or whatever in training mode and let their Up+B hit your shield and then try to shine out immediately.

That's how I practiced some timings.

unknown522

Some guy
haha. I dunno. I just do it.

I find that you have to hit him during the halfway point of your d-air. Either that, or start the move late, so that your hurtbox overlaps with theirs.

Sion

Island of Horizon
pretty sure it depends on whether i want to shine after the fast fall or not. generally, i hold down to shine after an aerial. i'm kinda scrubby tho lol

should be personal preference imo

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
depends. if i do a late dair i hold down, if i do an early one i have no idea what i do... i might hit twice though.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Dang, I was hoping to be able to practice by myself or something. =|

Thanks for the responses.
You can practise the timing if you use the c-stick to buffer a jump out of shield.

If you get the timing down just switch to your wished jump button again

PS: I once broke the shine of a Fox by jumping over my reflected SHL, then doing another SHL and shineing immediately ^_^

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Omg, I am soooo close to switching from a Falcon main to a Falco main(I should've done it wayyyyy back when I first started playing but scrubbing people with the knee was too fun) Only thing stopping me from doing this is......I FULL HOP INSTEAD OF WAVEDASH AT TIMES >_< It's almost depressing that I still do that after a year of playing this game, even if I've hardly touched Falco since then. Any uh....magical remedies to fix this ;P? I do X + R to wavedash =)

Sion

Island of Horizon
are you simply trying to wavedash or are you trying to waveshine (hitstun issues etc)?

at any rate, it sounds like you're trying to wavedash too quickly. try waiting a bit more after jumping to press R for the wavedash. also, practice usually fixes everything.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Just something I noticed when practicing things with falco's lasers.

If you full hop and laser as soon as you jump, it shortens your jump by just a bit.

I found this when practicing on battlefield, where you can full hop double laser and land on the top platform. But if you laser as soon as you jump, you don't even reach the top platform. Anyone have an explanation?

Top Bottom