• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

D

Deleted member

why would IC's approach with bair tho when they can grab or dsmash
IC bair has decent range, does good damage, and the SH one autocancels so you can do the mixed shields when you land and react OOS. It's not bad at all.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
A similar idea, running shine -> turnaround -> bair has worked for me a few times. Not saying it's godlike or anything, but as a mix up it's not bad. Shining on the ground just out of their range works nicely to bait them into the following bair.
lol this is the most *****in' thing... I love it.

how come the falcon boards have a new thread nearly every day? and we... don't get new threads rofl.

Falcos jus' ghey I suppose

EWC

Smash Ace
I was doing pivot bairs in like 2008 just sayin. Also you can cancel your shield one frame later. It's exactly as fast as pivoting and gives you strictly more control.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I work at an italian resturaunt, have been for almost a year and I've only ever seen my black co-workers drink pink lemonade. Nothing else, not once.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
andre is about as black as the sun is hot.

andre is about as black as the ocean is wet.

andre is about as black as the government is corrupt.

crush

Smash Master
This is the falco boards. We're all black.
His name is Andre. Dude is hella black. Black like this :reverse:
YESSSSSSS its true. and that means every falco player loves pink lemonade.
I work at an italian resturaunt, have been for almost a year and I've only ever seen my black co-workers drink pink lemonade. Nothing else, not once.
Sup peeps.
erry body except fox.

ERRYBODY
wow i never really noticed all of the falco boards was black until now............. i feel like a minority now

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
wow i never really noticed all of the falco boards was black until now............. i feel like a minority now
How do you think I feel being Asian.

I'm actually surprised / sad there aren't many top Asian players. Usually we're just really bad Falco / Fox players =/

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
^^^^ i'm strongly offended.

then again... if i were black, maybe i'd be a good falco player.
*ironically start calling dad "son"*

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm just jealous because everyone and their mom plays sc and only like 500 people play melee.

i wonder how much faster the technical advancements of melee would've been standardized if it had as many players as sc or sc2.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
I know Mango personally favors laser -> running shine against various characters. It's a pretty good mixup when you have your opponent trapped in their shield / corner.
yeah, this seems/is legit. i thought they meant only running up and shining, like a fox

edit: i think i do the laser to shine against marth the most

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lasers during shield pressure is the funniest most cool looking godlike thing ever.

especially when they're right after a crossup and it's a shine turnaround sh laser. SO GOOD.

G

genkaku

I saw mango doing that at genesis 2. I laughed out loud.

What happens if you mix uairs into shield pressure? It looks kinda' neat lol

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm fat an white, and noticeably better than most Falco mains.

Yay me. :3

stab's also different from the norm.

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
I'm Asian, play both SC and Smash, and suck at both. =X

I've actually been trying to pick one to stick with and play semi-seriously ("get good"). Starcraft is bigger but more friendless, and SC games are downright stressful. Smashers are super chill but it's harder to find them to play. It's looking like Smash is only going to get smaller over the next few years; SC'll be here for a long time.

The upshot is both games are incredibly fun.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I read "i'm asain" then started reading your username. For some reason this piece of information caused me to break down your user name as oni on chow der and make me start wondering what that meant. Then I :facepalm:

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
lasers during shield pressure is the funniest most cool looking godlike thing ever.

especially when they're right after a crossup and it's a shine turnaround sh laser. SO GOOD.
I've done that so many times. It's really funny cause half the time, they'll try to shield grab me during my laser cause they think it's an opening, but miss and get shined cause shine is 1 frame or whatever.

Reverse laser as shield pressure = more damage than perfect pillars.

Who knew.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, idk if cam learned it from you (NC falco you played for quite some time at pound 5) but he does that sometimes now and its funny but it ***** and just seems so outlandish that it works...but it does.

i am also interested in information regarding zhu vs m2k. pretty happy that zhu was able to do it.

Top Bottom