• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
yeah bair to good.

but when shes coming from bellow the stage and I dont have time to grab the ledge before her stupid mofo umbrella comes out?
You can jump around her umbrella hitbox because it doesn't cover her back at all and takes a long time when sweetspotting

Personally I don't think I've ever done it but it definitely looks possible and I'm pretty sure I've seen Winston do it (he tells me situations where I should try it and I always agree in hindsight)

Mokumo

Smash Ace
Well if that works you probably have to time it right and if peach just wAits for you to land you'll just get hit by the parasol.. So ideally you're gonna have to mix it up with some empty SHs and wavelands.

:phone:

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
i remember when badmouthing anyone from NC would get your head ripped off...

but i suppose those were different times.

either way, no one's ever heard of you straight, stop talking junk that you can't back up and if you really think we suck and we're just "talkers" then come to an NC tourney and prove it. i could use a free win.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
hey question for falco mains!!! and from ppl that do well in their region. when you guys fight fox, what do you do. avoid getting grabbed, shut down his horizontal approach, etc. fox main willing to get better here. trying to figure out the best way to rush falco's down

mers

Smash Ace
Control space. I use lasers, bairs, and utilts to protect myself and keep Fox where I want him. When I get a hit, I do my best to end his stock.

Best way to rush Falco down... hmm... it definitely requires baiting something from him. Whether its running in between bairs/utilts, or getting him to bair above you so you can get under him. Falco can't do **** when he's on the defensive, so once you hit him make sure you keep the pressure on. You don't necessarily have to combo everything, but never let the situation reset to neutral, because neutral against Falco is really in his favor.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I have very good reasons for not posting that Mango post yet. Everyone please be patient and I'll have it out literally as soon as I'm up to it. I want to do a good job with this post.

After I post it I'll go back and respond to various questions in this thread as well(if I don't do that part sooner).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's not like that LOL it's gonna be kinda long but no behemoth or anything I don't think. I just want to really do a good job on the post since I respect Mango and want to give a fair impression to the readers. I'm just not in the best condition to do that atm is all. =p

I don't want to make people wait but it'll be aight.

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
i remember when badmouthing anyone from NC would get your head ripped off...

but i suppose those were different times.

either way, no one's ever heard of you straight, stop talking junk that you can't back up and if you really think we suck and we're just "talkers" then come to an NC tourney and prove it. i could use a free win.
No one has ever heard of me = you and mostof smashboards. wow i really could care less
90% of ga HAS heard of me. and that same percentage probably hasnt heard, or doest care, about you.

i can back it up. just come to a ga tourney (like you CLAIM you do ROFL), and theres no problem. I might even go to g6, which would be a laugh

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Falco's upthrow is pretty DI dependent, as far as I can recall there's like 3 main DIs you have to look at:

1) In front of you, which I believe you can simply react to with a dair.
2) Behind you, you should be able to react as well.
3) Above you, which at higher %s can be pretty weird and I think (not sure) might actually require you to guess to some extent, or sacrifice some other DI option coverage.

I'm not entirely sure, since at this point I just sort of know what to do after throwing marth, but I think that's roughly accurate. He can be at pretty much any %, but you probably don't want to start doing it until it will actually send him into the ground so maybe around 50%.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I have very good reasons for not posting that Mango post yet. Everyone please be patient and I'll have it out literally as soon as I'm up to it. I want to do a good job with this post.

After I post it I'll go back and respond to various questions in this thread as well(if I don't do that part sooner).

Dear PP,

It has come to my attention that there is a lot of pressure for you to make this post, and I'm sure everyone has their own reason for DEMANDING it so fervently but I just want to take this time out to say something I'm sure you're well aware of:​

"No Pressure."​

Do beware tho, if it does not meet the quality standards of the fellow user you may or may not be ridiculed ferociously. If not out-right ignored.​

Youre e-quaintance,
Mike Brookman

P.s. You should play more than one character in tournament.​

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL at least they're finally getting known a little bit. <3

I'll try to play others more but I gotta **** Apex because I'm salty that people think I suck after Genesis.

Also shut up Alex lol.

Brookman

Smash Hero
PP go marth please

/tired of marth boards

...well....win Apex first =P
That **** is too fun though, have you seen my new sig??

[COLLAPSE="lol"]
[/COLLAPSE]

also, LOL @ gay bird feet.

Do what you have to do, professor.

strawhats

Smash Master
so its a race against time...which will show up first mango vs pp friendlies from g2 (including some puff/falco sets) or big mango post from pp?

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
While we're on the topic of secondaries,

How many of you Falco mains use secondaries in serious matches, and when? Falco doesn't have any terrible MUs, having a secondary doesn't seem as important for Falco as it does for like, ICs or something.

I see a lot of Falco players secondary Fox, but the differences in their jump timings screws me up.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
While we're on the topic of secondaries,

How many of you Falco mains use secondaries in serious matches, and when? Falco doesn't have any terrible MUs, having a secondary doesn't seem as important for Falco as it does for like, ICs or something.

I see a lot of Falco players secondary Fox, but the differences in their jump timings screws me up.
I'll play fox if im feeling uncomfortable with my falco. it's a lot easier to be patient and gay and still win with fox. with falco if i'm not feeling comfortable being aggressive i'll switch to fox and DD camp / platform camp. sometimes ill change for a stage, too. like i'd rather play fox than falco on FoD most of the time, for example. so if i ban brinstar and get taken to FoD or some **** I might go fox.

Top Bottom