• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

bolt.

Smash Ace
you're from CT?? you went to no johns and I've never met you??
Lol yeah I'm from CT. I have never officially met you, but I saw you at HoG 2. I'll make sure to introduce myself at HoG 3 if you're going.

Edit: Oh and thanks for the response Dr. Peepee!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Haha I suppose I could do that.

Edit: I'd be cool with some Falco vs Sheik discussion. Played Tope last weekend and all I really got out of it was that Sheik's silly and I have to play gay vs her. Videos will help, but talking never hurt anyone lol.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Uhh, is there anything else to know about sheik? I mean, I'd change Sheik's silly to sheik is gay... but otherwise, sounds about right ;)

Palpi

Smash Hero
Haha I suppose I could do that.

Edit: I'd be cool with some Falco vs Sheik discussion. Played Tope last weekend and all I really got out of it was that Sheik's silly and I have to play gay vs her. Videos will help, but talking never hurt anyone lol.
What was the set like...was it recorded? I love watching you vs tope.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL yeah it was recorded.

Tope CP'd RC game 3 of GFs because I decided to play gay then(even though I wasn't winning by much <.<) and gave me some nice openings and I 4 stocked him for it. He had taken an hour long nap previously(before WFs anyway but there wasn't much time in between) and was ready to go home lol. We were both kinda tired but the matches weren't too bad I don't think.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I actually randomly tried the no laser thing(after reading it here just like yesterday haha) and it forced me to combo better because when I dropped a combo I couldnt just break away and laser lol. I did alot more DD and random shorthops(when I wanted to laser but stopped myself) lol. I also shined a lil bit less.

overall, it was an improvement haha.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
LOL

I like how everyone is dropping the lasers. It really is important. It's like a Falcon running away every time a combo ends or they miss a tech chase. Or a Luigi WDing away just because they can.

All of the little gimmiks of characters because they're safe but not ever actually beneficial.

In turn, you're forced to play more aggressively and take all opportunities and maximize them. Meaning DDs so you're offensive but still defensive, fighting close up in actual 'battle' situations instead of resetting the games at all chances.

PS: Don't listen to comdemned. All you see in the Mario boards is 20 posts of me throughout them saying "DD > Shield > WD OOS > Grab"

and not much else... >_>

Switch to Mario for Sheik...
She's just combo food ;)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
have people never read my thread before? I've suggested dropping lasers to learn how to play with them forever now. I mean, I'm happy people are learning to do it, but I'm just kinda sad that something that's been suggested in a stickied topic for years now is just getting learned now :(. It was definitely the most useful thing Cactuar ever taught me about smash.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im pretty sure I initially tried no lasers, no shines, and the laser height training after reading your thread. But I spent alot more time playing mewtwo, I guess I just decided to try it again. I didnt really benefit much from it b4 due to my lack of understanding of the game and falco in particular.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
have people never read my thread before? I've suggested dropping lasers to learn how to play with them forever now. I mean, I'm happy people are learning to do it, but I'm just kinda sad that something that's been suggested in a stickied topic for years now is just getting learned now :(. It was definitely the most useful thing Cactuar ever taught me about smash.
Lmao. Proof that I've been spitting the same theorycraft and learning strats for YEARS. I never get tired of hearing myself be smash awesome, but I can totally see how collecting all of my infoz and putting it all into one convenient location, only to have it be passed over by impatient newcomers would set my needles on edge. :awesome:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Lmao. Proof that I've been spitting the same theorycraft and learning strats for YEARS. I never get tired of hearing myself be smash awesome, but I can totally see how collecting all of my infoz and putting it all into one convenient location, only to have it be passed over by impatient newcomers would set my needles on edge. :awesome:
No disrespect, but there are only really two of your "infoz" in that thread (the other being the discussion on laser spacing). I appreciate what you've taught me as a smasher, but to call my thread a collection of all your infoz and putting it into a convenient location is pretty insulting.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Rewritten with less hostility!

I meant it hypothetically, as if I were to have created a thread of my own from all of my own info. Going from what I said, to the assumption that I'm calling your thread a collection of my stuff is a clear misinterpretation of my statement. I probably could have been more clear lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
na, it's cool, I get what you were trying to say now, but your wording is/was really weird to me (didn't see it as a hypothetic because it lacks an "if" and is otherwise unclear as to whether it's talking about a hypothetical situation or the situation that already exists [my thread]). I dunno, maybe my reading comprehension just sucks or maybe I'm just overly defensive about my thread because I have so much time invested in the damn thing :p.

Brookman

Smash Hero
It's good for taunting your opponent who is terrified to leave their shield when you're pressuring them.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
As in you're pressuring someone's shield and they're just sitting in it I suppose. So you shine after an aerial and then laser or something.

Top Bottom