• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

unknown522

Some guy
this may sound a little weird but despite the CG, I would much rather play FD than DL or FoD vs marth with falco. It feels much easier to keep marth out on FD, I also like the pseudo-combos that I can do due to there being no platforms. I also feel more comfortable chasing marth on that level more than on platform stages (let's face it people, marth is not going to approach you even when it's the right decision to do so).

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
GG7 and I love FoD as captain falcon. Once you learn to control Falcon better the platforms stop interrupting your combos, and instead open up new dair-**** combos.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't have many habits with falcon since i don't main/play him often.

really tempted to upload videos of my falcon. It's really fun to watch.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Do eet

:d

also, falcons dair is his best move

it punishes, it makes combos sexy, you can edgecancel it into an uair for the cutest combo ever, etc. etc.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
falcon's uair is so hawt. it's the only move i understand as cfal lol

in other news: im glad other people hate fod. i always have (probably cause i started playing before shiz opened up the combo possibilities), but i get flamed for it most the time :(

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Also, I've always considered down air to be falcon's best move.
i think falcon's uair is his best move, but his dair is pretty solid too i guess
also, falcons dair is his best move

it punishes, it makes combos sexy, you can edgecancel it into an uair for the cutest combo ever, etc. etc.
falcon's uair is so hawt. it's the only move i understand as cfal lol

in other news: im glad other people hate fod. i always have (probably cause i started playing before shiz opened up the combo possibilities), but i get flamed for it most the time :(
I agree with these posts 100%...they use fusion to become the best post.

Peeps know what they doin ;)

Wrong birdthread...but 'uair' and 'dair' are good with this one too. :p

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
this may sound a little weird but despite the CG, I would much rather play FD than DL or FoD vs marth with falco. It feels much easier to keep marth out on FD, I also like the pseudo-combos that I can do due to there being no platforms. I also feel more comfortable chasing marth on that level more than on platform stages (let's face it people, marth is not going to approach you even when it's the right decision to do so).
I agree with FD over FoD for sure, but is it really better than DL? I feel like marth can get trapped on the platforms, and if anything they offer you an escape more often than not. Otherwise you can just play DL like an FD with better combos...

Any more specifics as to why FD>DL for you personally? (I honestly probably do better on FD, but I'm still wondering why =P)

unknown522

Some guy
^ I just don't like how high the platforms are and how big the level is overall. Most of the time I will be chasing the marth, but matches go by much faster on FD.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I used to practice tech skill 3 hours a day on FD alone

I'm just better at moving on FD, I'll CP marths and sheiks there all damn day

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
I bet if I practiced I wouldn't be so ****ed up all the time and actually combo people with reasonably trial and error over the last 10 years approved accuracy and legitness instead of wack ****...

Maybe I'll practice one day. I have 9 more days of maining this character. :O

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
It's really satisfying to do. I like doing it when I get behind the shield of Marth or CF, since I usually get away with it and people tend to roll (or wavedash OOS in Marth's case) almost immediately in that situation.

Brookman

Smash Hero
wd oos > fsmash SO GOOD.

dear PP,

You should jab > turn around > up tilt more. **** is baller. Jab is obviously risky vs CC but I think you know what you're doing.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
I took wavedash OoS F smash from Zhu, it's a surprisingly good option. Then again, so is f smash in general. It's not super safe, but it is a rewarding move. I like to catch people choked on space near the edge with it.

D

Deleted member

winterfest finals = falco ditto.

it's okay, fox is still better.

/only partially trolling.

kevin I wanted to text you "MAKE JASON PLAY SHEIK IN TEAMS" and I couldn't find anyone with your number. go figure.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
winterfest finals = falco ditto.

it's okay, fox is still better.

/only partially trolling.

kevin I wanted to text you "MAKE JASON PLAY SHEIK IN TEAMS" and I couldn't find anyone with your number. go figure.
I've been preaching that Falco is #1 in Super IRL Bros Melee forever now and I've never been trolling with it. Fox ***** everyone in Super Theory Bros Melee though. It's a shame for Fox players that they don't have perfectly accurate fingers and 0.0166 second reaction time.

D

Deleted member

It's a shame for Fox players that they don't have perfectly accurate fingers and 0.0166 second reaction time.
actually it's more of a shame that most combos fox can do can simply be crouched out of or that fox has no real range/priority/stage control and has to feign or outplay his way into looking like he has all 3 because "he's really fast".

super theory bros. is a game that no one ever wins.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I forget all the specifics of super theory bros melee, but I think that in that game Fox counters all priority and spacing by frame perfect reactions with powershield or using the single invulnerability frame of shine and has legit follow ups to actually landing a shine because he can react to any DI with his frame perfect super theory bros reaction. whatever though, super theory bros is a stupid stupid game and I'm sure we'd all lose to Magus's Super Theory Bros Bowser nicking us with Fortress and then perfectly ledge camping us for the next 7 minutes :laugh:.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
I forget all the specifics of super theory bros melee, but I think that in that game Fox counters all priority and spacing by frame perfect reactions with powershield or using the single invulnerability frame of shine and has legit follow ups to actually landing a shine because he can react to any DI with his frame perfect super theory bros reaction. whatever though, super theory bros is a stupid stupid game and I'm sure we'd all lose to Magus's Super Theory Bros Bowser nicking us with Fortress and then perfectly ledge camping us for the next 7 minutes :laugh:.
omg i lost.

mogwai won.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
PP i noticed in your set vs M2k at WGF you landed upthrow->aerial a TON vs his marth (maybe even 100% of the time.)

I have difficulty landing it (either jump or fair stops it) and I can't figure out exactly why. and i've kind always believed that it was a "pseudo combo" that wasnt supposed to work anyway, but i figure if anyone would know how to escape pseudo combos efficiently, it wud be M2k

so exactly under what circumstances does it work? Are you double jumping asap? does it matter if the lasers hit?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
%, lasers hitting or not, and SDI/ASDI all influence Uthrow aerials on Marth and pretty much any character. It shouldn't work much at all in theory but the throw is fast and some people don't know what to do about it so I still get away with more than I should.

A lot of the time I just recognize what I can get away with and so I jump. I'm pretty sure M2K hit me out of an Upthrow to something once in that set though so you can still judge wrongly. Maybe I'll just look at %s for when I did things in that set and create some vague guidelines for when to Upthrow to stuff on Marth.

I'll go respond to other things later but I'm tired and stuff.

<3 Falco

Top Bottom