• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
or they could just add chudat since its 8v8...Jman is amazing
Jman is pretty good I suppose, but he's still not much in comparison to Chu Dat. I can't believe Jman is in this team and Chu dat is not.

Not only did Chu Dat thrash Jman the last time they played but in the last two tournamnets they've both attended, Chu Dat has outplaced him both times.

joeplicate

Smash Master
so i'm getting in to the airport (baltimore) at 8:10 PM tomorrow, eastern time

I need a ride to the hotels!!!
who wants to get in on this with me

hopefully people that i know
but if not, that's fine too :)

what are the schedules for the plank shuttles, etc.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
i don't think i'm confident enough in tmnt lmao

however, i won't speak for him as far as mm's, but do you know who ZoSo is?

he is ****ing insane at TMNT because he knows like everything and played the crap out of it when it came out. he is top tier at karai
I've played that game like half a dozen times and it took me like 15 minutes to teach Dustin everything I know about it. The only reason I would ever play it with anybody at a tournament is to laugh at how bad it is LOL.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
chu plays ICz and that will be a better char vs a million falcos and foxes XD
This is dumb. A lot of the European team are Shiek Mains, Amsah, Adam, Overhead Triforce and I think Faab. Also Strawhat Dahean uses Shiek like half of the time. ICs **** Shiek. So why on Earth would we want Jman on the team instead of Chu Dat?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
IIRC faab plays a lot of falco, but he looks to me like a multicharacter more than anything
I partially agree with VBM, but really I just think that there are WAY too many spacies on our crew. If there was to be a change, however, Jman should not be it. He has proven he can play at one of the highest tiers of competitive play, and really, I think vbm is letting his personal grudge with jman get in the way of his descision. But we all knew that.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i dont get whats wrong if we have too many spacies when they have all sheiks and spacies ***** sheik THERE U GO

lets just make our team all foxes to beat their sheiks/peach/marth and then like 1 falco and 1 puff for their spacies PROBLEM SOLVED

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Europe will definitely send wave after wave of sheiks at the best ice climbers player in the world.

Definitely.

That's how europe rolls.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
IIRC faab plays a lot of falco, but he looks to me like a multicharacter more than anything
I partially agree with VBM, but really I just think that there are WAY too many spacies on our crew. If there was to be a change, however, Jman should not be it. He has proven he can play at one of the highest tiers of competitive play, and really, I think vbm is letting his personal grudge with jman get in the way of his descision. But we all knew that.
Umm Jman actually hasn't done that. He's proven he can play at the top level, but not consistantly. He loses to a Pikachu Genesis(he couldn't even make top 12 at that tournament) and more recently he loses to players who he's is supposed to be a whole lot better than at Shell Shocked V.

Anyways I saw Jman on the team and no Chu Dat and I guess I kind of jumped the gun. I actually think it would be better to remove Darkrain from the team now. Almost half of Europe's team mains Shiek and we have a Captain Falcon in crews? C'mon now, what is smart about this?

LMAOOOOO vbm is so clueless
I know everything I said is fact except for Faab. When last I saw Faab play he was using Shiek

Edit: I saw some more of Faab videos and I'm guessing he's a falco. Main. Oh well, that still 4 and half of team Europe being Shiek Mains, so why isn't Chu Dat on the team?

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Ironically, VBM is somewhat right. Faab mained Sheik a pretty long time ago.
Aha, do you hear that Lovage? You're an idiot.

Europe will definitely send wave after wave of sheiks at the best ice climbers player in the world.

Definitely.

That's how europe rolls.
You make it sound like they have a choice. Amsah has admited that neither his Fox or Marth can compete at top level in America, Adam's Marth isn't enarly as good as his Shiek and Overhead Triforce doesn't have a valid secondary. They kind of do have to send wave of Shiek afters Chu Dat, or play their sub-par secondaries in a match up I'm sure they don't know well at all.

Lovage

Smash Hero
nah i wasn't talking about faab

i was saying you're clueless for saying chu is WAY better than jman
especially in 2010

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Chu is probably the most consistent smasher of all time. Who else has played as long as he and places as well?

No other.

Chu Dat is still one of the best players America or the World has ever produced. All that is aside from his unique character choices.

The Irish Mafia

Umm Jman actually hasn't done that. He's proven he can play at the top level, but not consistantly. He loses to a Pikachu Genesis(he couldn't even make top 12 at that tournament) and more recently he loses to players who he's is supposed to be a whole lot better than at Shell Shocked V.

Anyways I saw Jman on the team and no Chu Dat and I guess I kind of jumped the gun. I actually think it would be better to remove Darkrain from the team now. Almost half of Europe's team mains Shiek and we have a Captain Falcon in crews? C'mon now, what is smart about this?

Oh well, that still 4 and half of team Europe being Shiek Mains, so why isn't Chu Dat on the team?
His placement in teams at genesis more than makes up for his singles placement, especially without his own controller. Don't even try to say that isn't a legitimate john because everyone knows it is.

He lost to a pikachu? Who was it? And what players has he lost to recently that he is better than?

The smart in Darkrain being on the US crew is that he ***** EVERYTHING

all of those are separate links btw

EDIT:

Europe is about to play Amsah. Would you like to change characters? Go! ChuDat! ChuDat used Chaingrab! It's a one-hit KO!

Europe played Armada. Armada used Dsmash!

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Ironically, VBM is somewhat right. Faab mained Sheik a pretty long time ago.
Aha, do you hear that Lovage? You're an idiot.
Just because a player mained someone pretty long ago doesn't make vbm anywhere near right.. His argument is on the CURRENT characters each player uses, saying oh well faab mained shiek years ago doesn't...really mean anything actually. alot of players drop mains.

BUT LUVUGE YUR AN IDOT

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Chu is probably the most consistent smasher of all time. Who else has played as long as he and places as well?

No other.

Chu Dat is still one of the best players America or the World has ever produced. All that is aside from his unique character choices.
People need to look at facts here. Chu Dat has never placed below 5th at any significant tournament dating way back to 2006. No other player(including Mew2king) has done this except for I think PC Chris. Chu Dat is in fact the most consistent player ever, it's a danm shame and down right insutling that he isn't a part of the crew battle.

His placement in teams at genesis more than makes up for his singles placement, especially without his own controller. Don't even try to say that isn't a legitimate john because everyone knows it is.

He lost to a pikachu? Who was it? And what players has he lost to recently that he is better than?

The smart in Darkrain being on the US crew is that he ***** EVERYTHING

all of those are separate links btw
Incase you haven't noticed Jman only places well when he teams with mew2king. Look at his placement in rom2 teams. Did he even make top 10. The two other players he got ***** by at Shell Shocked VI are Eggm and hax, he is abetter player than they are he still got wrecked by them. Jman is a wild card, he might play well he may not, I don't think it'S worth the risk

As for Darkrain I know we all love Captain Falcon but listen. The well believed notion is that Amsah has a Shiek on the same level as Mew2king. If Mew2king's Shiek is able to 4 stock Darkrain on a neutral(happen in Genesis brackets) then do we really want this guy in crews? Do we really want to see Amsah 4 stocking him. C'mon now we're smarter than this.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
no probs. its just that payouts are already set so any refunds are money out of my already thin pocket, hah

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
nah i wasn't talking about faab

i was saying you're clueless for saying chu is WAY better than jman
especially in 2010
Well let's compare Jman to Chu Dat.

In 2009 I believe they only attended 4 notable tournaments together.

the placings are

Rom1: Chu dat 5th, Jman 9th
Herb 2: Chu Dat 5th, Jman 3rd
Shell Shocked IV: Chu Dat 1st, Jman 3rd
Shell Shocked V: Chu Dat 2nd, Jman 5th.

so Chu > Jman.

What makes you think Chu Dat isn't a much better player than Jman? The last time they played at Shell Shocked IV Jman got *****, if I remember correctly there was a 3 stock involved. What is your argument in defense of Jman?

Tink

Smash Hero
-_-....its not all about placing high in tournaments....were not playing reg sets here atttt all....its a crew battle. maybe some ppl dont get that? a GREAT fox main has a def advantage no matter what in a crew battle over an Icies main....i almost guarentee EC will send chudat first atleast once(if not more) so he cant be counterd later....they have done this in the past, jusss so he cant get countered, and has to go like, y. link on rainbow cruise.

not saying chudats not great and all, or shouldnt be on the crew(def should) but you gotta think strategies here too.

disclaimer: if they are using pound rules, nvm, since chudat wont get gayed out by stages, but they have never stuck to the tournament rules in a crew battle.

MW wont have a chance though, since most of our players will be gone by monday/monday morning.

edit: anyone that thinks darkrain shouldnttt be on the crew is jus REEETARDDDED....hes the MOST consistent crew battle player ever....thats a fact....no one has a better life-taken stocks ratio in the game.

Drephen

Smash Master
Well let's compare Jman to Chu Dat.

In 2009 I believe they only attended 4 notable tournaments together.

the placings are

Rom1: Chu dat 5th, Jamn 9th
Herb 2: Jman 3rd, Chu Dat 5th
Shell Shocked IV: Chu Dat 1st, Jman 3rd
Shell Shocked V: Chu Dat 2nd Jman 5th.

What makes yout hink Chu Dat isn't a much better palyer than Jman? The last time they played at Shell Shocked IV Jman got *****, if I remember correctly there was a 3 stock involved. What is your argument in defense of Jman?
im getting you drunk this weekend

The Irish Mafia

People need to look at facts here. Chu Dat has never placed below 5th at any significant tournament dating way back to 2006. No other player(including Mew2king) has done this except for I think PC Chris. Chu Dat is in fact the most consistent player ever, it's a danm shame and down right insutling that he isn't a part of the crew battle.

Incase you haven't noticed Jman only places well when he teams with mew2king. Look at his placement in rom2 teams. Did he even make top 10. The two other players he got ***** by at Shell Shocked VI are Eggm and hax, he is abetter player than they are he still got wrecked by them. Jman is a wild card, he might play well he may not, I don't think it'S worth the risk

As for Darkrain I know we all love Captain Falcon but listen. The well believed notion is that Amsah has a Shiek on the same level as Mew2king. If Mew2king's Shiek is able to 4 stock Darkrain on a neutral(happen in Genesis brackets) then do we really want this guy in crews? Do we really want to see Amsah 4 stocking him. C'mon now we're smarter than this.
M2K couldn't cary someone all the way to GF's in a tourney the size of Genesis. Sorry, it's not happening.
With all the sheiks around, you'd think it'd be a great thing to have a campy nair-spamming fox around
It's not that Darkrain does good combos, it's that he's the 1 falcon to place consistently and have great flash. Flash is very, very important in an event like this. If you saw the Genesis EC V WC crew battle, when Scar killed Shinobi with a Falcon kick, then, as dramatically as possible, taunted, ec just FLIPPED. If europe accidentally get's DR combo 5'd, then they won't be too happy.

Who was the pika who beat Jman at genesis again?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
What makes you think Chu Dat isn't a much better palyer than Jman? The last time they played at Shell Shocked IV Jman got *****, if I remember correctly there was a 3 stock involved. What is your argument in defense of Jman?
The argument is matchup experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom