• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLLLLink

Smash Apprentice
So you're saying that people should disobey their doctor's orders to satisfy some nobody's personal moral code. Makes sense.
So if this was a martial arts tournament, your morality tells you that since a man is smaller than his opponent, he should be allowed to use a weapon to help him win? No, because that would be cheating.
This is exactly like someone with a mental shortage using Adderall to give them an advantage. They may have to have it to win, but its still cheating, no matter what excuse is used to justify it.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
For those of you that aren't listening, this is what adderall does, nothing like caffine wouldn't you agree?

"Adderall is a brand-name psychostimulant medication composed of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, which is thought to work by increasing the amount of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain.[1] Adderall is widely reported to increase alertness, libido, concentration and overall cognitive performance while decreasing user fatigue. It is available in two formulations: IR (Instant Release) and XR (eXtended Release). The immediate release formulation is indicated for use in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy,[2] while the XR formulation is only approved for use in ADHD.[1] In the United States, Adderall is a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substance Act due to having addiction potential and potent effects on blood pressure."

Nuff said.
I dunno about libido :laugh: but I'm pretty sure that caffeine increases my alertness and concentration. So your argument is that adderall is unacceptable because it's the more potent drug? That's a bunk argument. Mind detailing the exact chemical threshold beyond which a alertness-altering drug is no longer acceptable? Not to mention the impossible task of taking into account the different effects these drugs will have on different individuals because of body chemistry?

Basically, if you're going to allow alertness- and concentration-boosting drugs at all (and it'd be impossible and just plain stupid not to), you'll have a hard time justifying your argument.

EDIT: Plus the obvious: some people may be under doctor's orders to take certain drugs in order to maintain the functionality of a NORMAL well-balanced human being. If you want players to be totally clean and play *as God made them* :laugh: you might as well get upset about someone taking depression meds, blood pressure meds, allergy meds........

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol i say you can only use adderall if you have a written perscription. thats the only way it's fair. like, if a baseball player gets sick and needs to take steroids to recover, he won't be fired...it's like that.

Duo55

Smash Ace
I dunno about libido :laugh: but I'm pretty sure that caffeine increases my alertness and concentration. So your argument is that adderall is unacceptable because it's the more potent drug? That's a bunk argument. Mind detailing the exact chemical threshold beyond which a alertness-altering drug is no longer acceptable? Not to mention the impossible task of taking into account the different effects these drugs will have on different individuals because of body chemistry?

Basically, if you're going to allow alertness- and concentration-boosting drugs at all (and it'd be impossible and just plain stupid not to), you'll have a hard time justifying your argument.

EDIT: Plus the obvious: some people may be under doctor's orders to take certain drugs in order to maintain the functionality of a NORMAL well-balanced human being. If you want players to be totally clean and play *as God made them* :laugh: you might as well get upset about someone taking depression meds, blood pressure meds, allergy meds........
your basing your defence on how caffeine, something found in softdrinks, and adderall a prescription drug are similar in effect, and your calling my argument bunk? lol thats like saying getting hit by an skate boarder, and getting hit by a dumptruck are comparable. There not even close to the same effect.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Isai talked about returning back to Melee and all you people say is some crazy stuff about drugs. Makes sense.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Screw ADHD, no one cares.

Let's talk about how Plank kicked out Europeans because his girlfriend didn't approve, even though he promised housing. So the Europeans had to sleep in two beds, all seven of them. :)

Okay?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Isai talked about returning back to Melee and all you people say is some crazy stuff about drugs. Makes sense.
Unless he starts doing amazing again, I don't think anyone will give a ****.

@Jumpman: Two beds? And seven people? They need to learn how to sleep.

Shinku

Smash Champion
i woke up at 5:30 am to start my airport trips for the day, just got my only break and now i have to go take hugs linguini and a few more back to the airport then come home and clean up the venue!

just want to say thank you to everyone who came and had a good time, i hope you all got to play everyone you wanted from everywhere around the world <3

#
yeah dude, idk how you did it, but you did. dont think i or anyone else could of pull off the best tourney ever!

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
For all you idiots who said adhd has adhd.

He doesn't, someone just said he does because of his name, and you all took it WAY too seriously.

Good job idiots.

Fun tournament. Hope you guys liked my twittering.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
yo i will make it to brackets next time i promise you that round 3 of pools was so nice to play :D

but im beating all of you next time even you M2K (get up tilted by fox ) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom