• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
EC, WC, MW, South, Europe, South America, and Australia is HELLA ****.

I had a blast at this and wish I could relive the experience all over again.

First time ever being part of staff, and boy is it hard dealing with smashers that don't like to report matches....-____-

Other than that everything else was hella ****.

(I might as well move to the WC I <3 sayin, "Hella.")

XD
D1 was amazing on staff, get at him. He also made it to 3rd round pools. Too good. That's mah dood. We need to play again. Teaming with you was mad fun.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Isai trying to reclaim his title as top Falcon, let's get this **** on!

Somebody else for me to use peach on.

haha thats hillarious. If he used it to calm down, so much disrespect towards him and the Brawl community

If he's got a mental disorder that would result in him being PRESCRIBED it, then why shouldn't he use it?

I dunno if he actually has ADHD or not, but it's a real disorder, just like clinical depression or drepanocytosis. It legitimately f***s with your brain chemistry, and makes it near impossible to have a normal life. Just cause your body produces it doesn't mean you should have to roll with it.

Now quit spreading rumors, he probably doesn't even have ADHD and never took adderal, it was only brought up because of his tag.

OverLade

Smash Hero
So SCAR messaged me on AIM looks like he'll be training me SOON
:laugh: How many people can change the subject of the pound 4 topic with one post?

adhd took adderall to win brawl :embarrass so unlegit.
Lol he did?

The brawl metagame is changing faster than I thought. Drugs, time outs, and switching to MK are all becoming more standard.

I just wanted to say big ups to Europe, especially Amsah. His sets were amazing to watch, and I'm def gonna jump on that Melee sheik and watch his videos lol. I would've preferred to see Armada vs Hbox losers finals though.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
yeah definitely

Europe is mad proud of Amsah & Armada once again, and all the others who stepped forward and attended the tourney: Zgetto, Remen, Over, Dahean, Adam, Faab, etc...

hope they didn't get destroyed so bad in crew.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Getting mad at ADHD for taking Adderall is like getting mad at someone for drinking coffee or something with caffeine to stay awake.

IF he even took it in the first place

ADHD for president, fall back haters

Duo55

Smash Ace
Too all the people saying no johns about the adderall... I'm not saying that adhd did take the drug or not, but the fact of the matter is adderall is just like taking steroids in the mlb, its a stimulant for the mind and improves mental performance when taken. If he won taking it then his victory was unlegit, even if he has adhd. If you want proof of this, anyone who normally takes it just don't take it for one or two tournaments and see how far you get. The pressures of playing for money, and getting nervous when your playing someone good, and making mistakes because of it are something we should all hafta deal with, not just the people who don't take medication. If ADHD didn't take it though, then GOOD **** MAN.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Too all the people saying no johns about the adderall... I'm not saying that adhd did take the drug or not, but the fact of the matter is adderall is just like taking steroids in the mlb, its a stimulant for the mind and improves mental performance when taken. If he won taking it then his victory was unlegit, even if he has adhd. If you want proof of this, anyone who normally takes it just don't take it for one or two tournaments and see how far you get. The pressures of playing for money, and getting nervous when your playing someone good, and making mistakes because of it are something we should all hafta deal with, not just the people who don't take medication. If ADHD didn't take it though, then GOOD **** MAN.
I was about to make a statement like this, ya beat it to me bro. Missed you this weekend as well.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Oh wow, hey T.O's, I guess yall gotta start drug testing us now!

/sarcasm

dr.neo

Smash Champion
1) its not like taking steroids at all. Steroids are illegal. Its kinda like taking supplements which is 100% legal.
2) If he has adhd like I do and he is prescribed it then he has every right to take it. I have asthma really bad if I cant breath good during a tournament should I not use my inhaler? It helps me calm down and breath again.

Duo55

Smash Ace
1) its not like taking steroids at all. Steroids are illegal. Its kinda like taking supplements which is 100% legal.
2) If he has adhd like I do and he is prescribed it then he has every right to take it. I have asthma really bad if I cant breath good during a tournament should I not use my inhaler? It helps me calm down and breath again.
You could die with out an inhale thats the difference, and if you say that adderal does nothing, then why do so many ppl who don't have a mental disorder take it during these tournaments. Because it does exactly as I said. Only ppl that have either a, taken it for a while and forgotten what its like to be without it, b. have never taken it and don't know what their talking about in an attempt to blindly defend adhd like fan boys or c. ppl that get mad because I belittled an acomplishment they made using adderall have your mentality towards it. The "it doesn't help" mentality. So which are you?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
What happened with crews, by the way?

Also, I highly suggest watching Bigger Stronger Faster. It's an interesting documentary about steroids and performance enhancing drugs. It also shows just how odd our stance is to performance enhancing drugs are, and how gray the issue really is.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
you...do know if your diagnosed with attention deficit your allowed to legally get said drug through a doctor right?

Depending on whether or not TOs would be alright with you taking it before/during a tournie is another story though

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
@Duo: Somebody brought this up on the last page, but how is that essentially different from drinking coffee in the morning for energy and focus? I bet a lot of guys at the tourney wouldn't go without that.

Duo55

Smash Ace
For those of you that aren't listening, this is what adderall does, nothing like caffine wouldn't you agree?

"Adderall is a brand-name psychostimulant medication composed of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, which is thought to work by increasing the amount of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain.[1] Adderall is widely reported to increase alertness, libido, concentration and overall cognitive performance while decreasing user fatigue. It is available in two formulations: IR (Instant Release) and XR (eXtended Release). The immediate release formulation is indicated for use in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy,[2] while the XR formulation is only approved for use in ADHD.[1] In the United States, Adderall is a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substance Act due to having addiction potential and potent effects on blood pressure."

Nuff said.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
For those of you that aren't listening, this is what adderall does, nothing like caffine wouldn't you agree?

"Adderall is a brand-name psychostimulant medication composed of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, which is thought to work by increasing the amount of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain.[1] Adderall is widely reported to increase alertness, libido, concentration and overall cognitive performance while decreasing user fatigue. It is available in two formulations: IR (Instant Release) and XR (eXtended Release). The immediate release formulation is indicated for use in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy,[2] while the XR formulation is only approved for use in ADHD.[1] In the United States, Adderall is a Schedule II drug under the Controlled Substance Act due to having addiction potential and potent effects on blood pressure."

Nuff said.
So based on that, you obviously completely agree that people who have been diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed Adderall as daily medication should take it the morning of a tournament.
Good to know.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It's a medical drug to calm nerves/help you focus.

explicitly for people who have ADD or ADHD.

And abused by college kids the world over who use it to write papers
Ive tried Addy once to play melee. It does help you focus. but for some reason I only wanted to play as falcon, he is like my 5th character lol.

Also, I didnt get a good sleep at all, I literally dreamed about combos.

WTF, ADHD using adderal for brawl, im amazed that he could stand playing brawl while on addy

Edit:if he has ADHD then its ****ing stupid for him not to take his prescribed meds because ppl will think hes cheating.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i woke up at 5:30 am to start my airport trips for the day, just got my only break and now i have to go take hugs linguini and a few more back to the airport then come home and clean up the venue!

just want to say thank you to everyone who came and had a good time, i hope you all got to play everyone you wanted from everywhere around the world <3

#

Roman.

Smash Champion
i Woke Up At 5:30 Am To Start My Airport Trips For The Day, Just Got My Only Break And Now I Have To Go Take Hugs Linguini And A Few More Back To The Airport Then Come Home And Clean Up The Venue!

Just Want To Say Thank You To Everyone Who Came And Had A Good Time, I Hope You All Got To Play Everyone You Wanted From Everywhere Around The World <3

#
<3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom