• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermy

Smash Champion

Found this on a Serebii forum post. I'll be getting a Samurai Otter, not "Senile grandpa Dialga goes to the beach". Eight days to go!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Cannot WAIT to get my hands on this game, I'm really hyped for it. It is the highest-scoring pokemon game on Famitsu Magazine so I would really like to see what makes Black and White a cut about the rest.

The C-Gear looks really handy

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Serebii said:
* There are 156 new Pokémon within this generation; 153 within normal gameplay and further 3 event Pokémon (#647, #648 & #649) that will be distributed in a manner similar to Darkrai, Shaymin & Arceus in the previous generation
* In regards to a few numbers and details;
o #633 through #635 are a Dark/Dragon-type evolution chain
o #638 is a Steel/Fighting-type Legendary
o #639 is a Rock/Fighting-type Legendary
o #640 is a Grass/Fighting-type Legendary
o #641 is a Pure Flying-type Legendary
o #642 is an Electric/Flying-type Legendary
o Reshiram is to be #643
o Zekrom is to be #644
o #645 is a Ground/Flying-type Legendary
o #646 is a Dragon/Ice-type Legendary
o #647 is a Water/Fighting-type Event Legendary
o #648 is a Normal/Psychic-type Event Legendary
o #649 is a Bug/Steel-type Event Legendary
* In Hiun City, the boats will take you to various islands.
Also, Serebii is now saying that there's a chance his information is wrong. At least he's admitting it, I guess.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Just looks like they're trying to pull the same trick they did with Blaziken to Infernape but with Lucario to (new legendary).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh yeah, forgot Lucario.

.....it's not cool now, thanks Pluv :urg:

XACE-K

Smash Master
Pure Flying!? It's about d@mn time GF. Now can all the Normal/Flying pokemon be changed plz?

Also, I'm assuming Zekrom is #644 in the National Dex if Victini is #494 right?

Edit: Wait a sec, shouldn't it be 4 event legendaries? Isn't Victini only available through events?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I thought Victiny was #000?
Everyone knows MissingNo is #000 in the National Dex.

And I'm kind of ok with there being 156 new pokemon. I still wish there were less than 151 but since it's only a 5 pokemon difference, it's not that bad.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I just want the games so I can learn the truth ;_;

These rumors are killing me, imma stick to the Japanese website for now.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
>Current rumors hold that Black and White's professor is female and named Araragi, that the evil team is named Team Plasma, that there will be triple battles, that there are around 150 new Pokemon, and that the silhouettes of the region's legendary trio look like cotton, a dog, and a bipedal animal. Remember how we posted the three starter Pokemon's names before they were ever officially confirmed? The source we used also has this information, so it may turn out to be true.
>legendary trio look like cotton, a dog, and a bipedal animal.

Either Serebii is pulling **** form his ***, or the fighting trio he has hinted at is going to be very interesting.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Dammit, the essence of Lucario still lingers. >:C

Oh, well.... Sounds like an interesting line-up of Legends. 13... One less than 4th... I can dig that. Too bad it couldn't've been the same number/at least one more. Keepin' up the increasing Legendary chain, haha. :p

#638 is a Steel/Fighting-type Legendary --Lucario :C
o #640 is a Grass/Fighting-type Legendary --Breloom
o #641 is a Pure Flying-type Legendary ---WHOO YES!!
o #642 is an Electric/Flying-type Legendary --Zapdos evolution? :}D (kidding)
o Reshiram is to be #643
o Zekrom is to be #644
o #645 is a Ground/Flying-type Legendary --Gligar...
o #647 is a Water/Fighting-type Event Legendary --Poliwrath...
o #648 is a Normal/Psychic-type Event Legendary --Girafarig...
o #649 is a Bug/Steel-type Event Legendary --Forretress...

Side notes are first Pkmn I thought of when seeing those types. Wish there could've been a few more exclusive ones (no Ghost love D: ), but, what can you do.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
OH MY GOD TYPINGS THAT HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE OOOOH

No seriously, not that big of a deal at all. ****'s just fine. There are multiple pokemon with the same typing who do completely different things and do them **** fine.

Steelia

Smash Champion
OH MY GOD TYPINGS THAT HAVE BEEN DONE BEFORE OOOOH

No seriously, not that big of a deal at all. ****'s just fine. There are multiple pokemon with the same typing who do completely different things and do them **** fine.
LOL, chill out sailor, I didn't say there was anything wrong with multiple types. I was just pointing out the obvious. :laugh:
Granted, I prefer when Legends have their own designated typings like Giratina or Dialga (or are the first of their kind to be Legend, a la Darkrai), but so long as they look good I could care less. Designs are all I look for. Decent base stats would be nice, too, just for the sake of raising/pulverization, but their looks go a long way... I know I'm raising myself a Gigaiasu and War-eagle just because they look really neat, regardless of stats. :p

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Predictions of who will be Uber, based only on typing. This is just for fun, to see how accurate I am.

o #638 is a Steel/Fighting-type Legendary - Uber
o #640 is a Grass/Fighting-type Legendary - Uber
o #642 is an Electric/Flying-type Legendary - Uber
o Reshiram is to be #643 - Uber
o Zekrom is to be #644 - Uber
o #647 is a Water/Fighting-type Event Legendary - Uber
o #649 is a Bug/Steel-type Event Legendary - Uber

XACE-K

Smash Master
I can't find the link to this stuff but Melkor has new info.

- The fighting trio is quadrupedal.
- The flying trio are based on Raijin.
- Bug/Steel legend has a cannon on it's head.
- Hihidaruma has an alternative form that's Fire/Psychic and it's blue.

This gen is wierd. It has something cool, than it has something that makes me go wtf.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
o #638 is a Steel/Fighting-type Legendary - maybe Uber
o #639 is a Rock/Fighting-type Legendary- maybe
o #640 is a Grass/Fighting-type Legendary -maybe Uber
o #641 is a Pure Flying-type Legendary- Maybe Uber
o #642 is an Electric/Flying-type Legendary - Maybe Uber
o Reshiram is to be #643 - Uber
o Zekrom is to be #644 - Uber
o #645 is a Ground/Flying-type Legendary- Uber
o #646 is a Dragon/Ice-type Legendary- Uber
o #647 is a Water/Fighting-type Event Legendary - Uber
o #649 is a Bug/Steel-type Event Legendary - Uber

XACE-K

Smash Master
Just a question- who is this "Melkor" that everyone keeps talking about?
The owner of Pokexperto. He's the one who has been tweeting info about the pokedex.

And I made a mistake in my previous post. Apparently all of the fighting trio is quadrupedal. Idk if they are horses or not.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Dialga
Palkia
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Giratina
Arceus
Manaphy
Darkrai
Cresselia
Regigigas
Heatran
Rotom
Shaymin

14 Legendary Pokemon from DP

o #638 is a Steel/Fighting-type Legendary
o #640 is a Grass/Fighting-type Legendary
o #642 is an Electric/Flying-type Legendary
o Reshiram is to be #643
o Zekrom is to be #644
o #647 is a Water/Fighting-type Event Legendary
o #649 is a Bug/Steel-type Event Legendary
Plus Victini, which brings it up to 13 Legendary Pokemon in BW (so far/As we (might) know of)

****, BW almost crossed that milestone, lol

Spire

III
BRoomer
So let's talk some FLAVOR! What is the Dragon/Ice pokemon going have his tail as?
Zek= generator
Resh= torch
Well what makes ice?????
A refrigerator.

[collapse=Oh wait...]
[/collapse]
Because Black and White focus on urban sprawl vs. natural world, represented by Zekrom and Reshiram, I'm curious to know what the Dragon/Ice Legendary is going to do for the world. Freeze it over so no one wins? Like Platinum? If the starters are based on Chinese, Japanese, and Western culture, might the Dragon trio also be? Reshiram could be Japanese, Zekrom could be either Chinese or Western (most likely Western given how the western world forced Japan into industrialization, though China is highly industrialized now), and Dragon/Ice could be the last remaining one.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
There really aren't that many legendaries guys. You are looking at it from the outside in. Consider this:

D/P/Plt had FAR fewer pokemon, had 1 more legendary, larger percent of legendaries.
At least 4 legendaries are not in the game, bringing our total down to 9.
9 Legendaries out of 150 Pokemon.
As they exist in the game, this is an incredibly small portion of legendaries.

This is what the internet does to video games, it gets people to look from the outside in, which gives a poor representation of the game.

M.K

Level 55
PokeExperto is so full of crap. How, in the world, is that POSSIBLY not the Shikijika evolution?
It has
1) the same color scheme. EXACTLY the same color scheme. Dark Green Body, Light Tan Face/Chest, Yellow Ears. EXACT same.
2) The same shaped ears. EXACTLY the same color scheme on the ears.
3) The SAME white spotted-bush back with the exact same color scheme as Shikijika.

Also:
1) We know it’s not the Tsutaja Evo as Serebii claims. Nothing on the Anime Sketch Artwork is REMOTELY that bumpy/jagged/bushy as what is shown. Also, if it IS Tsutaja’s Evolution, than the Anime Sketch cannot be real (impossible) and the starter evos we have now are impossible (completely possible)
2) Why would a completely new Pokemon have these color/design similarities?
3) Why would the Tsutaja Evolution/New Pokemon be drawn on the exact same sheet as all the Shikijika stuff?

This is absolutely absurd. The fandom is literally SWOONING over the possibility of new info, we are stalking Pokexperto like a hawk. What does Pokexperto want? Celebrity status, recognition, sand ite views. What is he getting? All of that. What source could have possibly authorized this sort of blatent release? “Oh, yeah, go ahead and describe every single Pokemon via Twitter and your website, as well as their types. Oh, and the alternate forms”.
I hate to say it, but he’s appealing to the naivety and yearning of the Pokemon community to spill all of this bull****.

>_< Why doesn't anybody acknowledge it?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I'll check information, but not rely on it unless I can see a decent source--and even then, I'll be fairly skeptical until the games actually come out.

Pokéxperto seems really dubious to me, as far as the Black and White information goes anyway.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Like, where does he get his supposed info anyway?

Where do ANY of these webmasters get a lot of their pre-release info? A lot of it is on the official website or in Coro Coro, but other stuff is... I dunno. :p

M.K

Level 55
They have insider sources. Serebii knows people within NoA, and Pokexperto "claims" to know all these Pokemon (Pokexperto = Melkor) b/c he was given a sheet of paper with all the drawings/names/types on it....
....which I find complete BS, seeing as how he's a Spanish Pokemon site....why would he have ANY info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom