• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I remember one time I printscreened an image to post here and he made an account to demand I remove it, despite giving source and the image still having the serebii watermark :/

EDIT: lol http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3736666#post3736666
Oh my god, this entire post made me lol.

You wonder how the Serebii forums can be made of such crazy, intense, serious people, and how the ops on the chats and the mods can be so strict and such jerks, and...now I realize that it's probably because the webmaster is that exact same kind of person.

The whole internet may not be serious business, but apparently Serebii is.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I always liked Serebii's news site, idk why people don't

why are people so upset over a couple rumors lol

he didnt say it was 100% that it was a ledyba prevo and sunflora evo, and he said these 5th gen evos might be false, who cares.
they're rumors cause they arent confirmed

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, your post actually makes those Pokémon feel special. I've grown to love Mime Jr. over time. It and Smoochum make Mr. Mime and Jynx feel less humanoid (and awkward) and more like creatures. I hope both get evolutions that are also less humanoid so we can appreciate them for their animalistic worth.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Serebii is normally pretty good about letting you know when it's just a rumor.

On an unrelated note, I pretty much just use that site for their pokedexes. Those are pretty well set-up.

HATE their forums though.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Their forums aren't so bad, though I haven't been as interested in them lately.

There are "cliques" of sorts there which can make it hard to become "popular", though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Famitsu gave BW a perfect score of 40/40. The closest Pokemon got to that score was the previous installment, HGSS with 37/40.

Hype?

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Seeing that it got such high of a score like it did is getting me pretty interested in how the game's going to work. If they really do say such great things about it maybe my doubts about it will lessen. I'll still be a little...curious, to say the least.

Vermy

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2-xT9SKoxM

After watching that trailer for the anime, and seeing Mijumaru in action with Shell Blade, and considering it's second stage has a "skirt" like a samurai:

I can't help but feel that the initial rumour of a fighting/water type samurai otter is much more likely. I'd kill for it to have a shell kabuto helmet...

Also, rumour of the 3rd legendary to Reshiram and Zekrom being dragon/ice.

Thoughts?

Vermy

Smash Champion
The trigger for me was the crappy quality of the artwork. It's sloppy in comparison to old Sugimori artwork.

9 days to go until the rumours die.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well, honestly, they've done pretty much all that seems reasonable for new mechanics, so it's time to polish what they DO have.

if they've done this correctly, I can FULLY see a 40/40 being a legit score.

Steelia

Smash Champion
What... I looked through some of the past pages, but I didn't see anything in regards to this little tidbit of news... Was it deconfirmed or something?

And yeah, 40/40 from Famitsu, scoring Pkmn Black and White. Getting scared now. I think most, if not all of us know what got perfect scores across the board and tore its fanbase to ribbons... *coughs*

M.K

Level 55
It's Famitsu.

Their perfect scores mean nothing to me.
They don't give them out often, if that's what you're trying to imply that they do ...

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)
Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., for PlayStation)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo, for Nintendo GameCube)
Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, Nintendo, for Wii)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Konami, for PlayStation 3)
428: Fūsa Sareta Shibuya de (2008, Sega, for Wii)
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (2009, Square Enix, for Nintendo DS)
Monster Hunter Tri (2009, Capcom, for Wii)
Bayonetta (2009, Sega, for Xbox 360)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009, Nintendo, for Wii)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010, Konami, for PlayStation Portable)
Pokémon Black and White (2010, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)

Vermy

Smash Champion
They rated Brawl a perfect score. I think that's enough to take it all with a grain of salt.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
That's a great party game. You guys don't seem to get reviews.

Its not an opinion per say. Its an opinion, but not a personal one. Its an opinion on how well the team accomplished what they sat out to do. Both Brawl and Nintendogs did just that. How much you enjoyed them is not a point that goes into (good) reviews.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm pretty sure you can grab any magazine and find ifffy reviews. At least they don't seem to be handing out 10/10's like they're going out of fashion.

lawl, I made the link in said post a little more obvious. :p
No not that. What game got a perfect score and tore its fanbase to shreds?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
No matter how perfect a game is in every graphical, gameplay, or ANYTHING quality...

If you can't enjoy playing the game, then it's not a perfect game.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I got Nintendogs; it's a good "game", but it has, IMO, very little replay value and it's nothing particularly special.

But I guess it does do what it means to do.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Bull****. Thinking like that limits games as an artistic medium. Do you leave every movie smiling from ear to ear? No, ****in **** no. I don't think yuo'll find one mental healthy person who told you they enjoyed watching Requieum for a Dream. They'll tell you it was deeply depressing, powerful, etc. etc. but was it a FUN experience? Hell ****in no.

Facade is not a fun game. Its a difficult, thought provoking game with some powerful emotional punch. If games are to expand as an artistic medium, nothions like this must be dropped.

Furthermore, a reviewer can NOT judge fun for other people. Fun is in no way measurable to other people. Let's take Endless Ocean, to some, the most boring game ever created, to others, an incredibly fun game full of exploration. Its incredibly polarizing, but nevertheless, somepeople DO find it fun, while others fail to see how it could ever be called fun.

A reviewer must not take this into account as he has no way to judge this.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
The swearing is rather unneccessary, Tomo.

But I'm curious to know, how exactly do reviewers figure out precisely what a game is supposed to achieve so they can give these unbiased opinions? Surely that also might be a matter of opinion too?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Facade is not a fun game. Its a difficult, thought provoking game with some powerful emotional punch. If games are to expand as an artistic medium, nothions like this must be dropped.
I've never played Facade. What kind of hard is it, is it something like Kaizo hard or like what.

Rest of it
Even endless ocean has its flaws beyond not being fun.

Really, here's the deal. For the most part, "Fun" and "Gameplay" are almost interchangeable. Sure, they're nowhere near the same thing, but a game with really good gameplay tend to be the games people enjoy more, and the ones with worse gameplay LESS people enjoy.

Everyone rates gameplay all the time.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
A "perfect" score, like 10/10 for example, doesn't mean the medium is perfect, it just means it's pretty close, closer than say a 9/10

Toy Story 3 for example would receive a 10/10 from me.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
That's a great party game. You guys don't seem to get reviews.

Its not an opinion per say. Its an opinion, but not a personal one. Its an opinion on how well the team accomplished what they sat out to do. Both Brawl and Nintendogs did just that. How much you enjoyed them is not a point that goes into (good) reviews.
Truth.

If the game is perfect for its target audience and it's not a "guilty-pleasure" game, it probably deserves a high score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom