• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewter

Smash Master
And to all of you who think "they don't make sense", firstly you have no imagination,
Got me there.

secondly it's a video game where you catch and train cartoon creatures. Logic is largely absent from Pokémon. Like Wailord's weight. Stop being so worried and just accept it as new additions to your beloved Pokémon series. I hope you can all realize that every time you find yourself disappointed, it's a product of your nitpicking and extremely high standards. Just be grateful that GF is trying their best to innovate and change the series so it doesn't feel monotonous.
Changing it up is one thing. It's a completely different thing to throw out shenanigans that don't blend at all.
Right now, the transitions look like this:
Water:113
Grass:112
Fire:111
Fire looks compatible, but that's because the middle stage may have been made up in order to fit that purpose. Grass looks a bit alright, except for the obvious pallet shift and change to Milotic. The water line is awkward. The thing looks like an otter until its anatomy loses of practically all previous and developing traits that it had.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Join the club.

Edit: The grass one looks more believable than the fire one could ever hope to be. I'd also buy water if they really did go with that, though it'd take some getting used to.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
^
This. The real ones better be epic. xD I actually -liked- the fake Wotter final form. And it made sense to me. .____.
Hopefully GF can top them easily. Assuming -this- guy is finally a legit one out of all the seemingly legit people...

Also, am I the only one who's a tad iffy on the name Ivyper? Doesn't quite roll off the tongue too well...

Moozle

Smash Champion
You guys know that none of that is actually confirmed yet. I'm pretty sure it's correct, but you can't be too sure. I just want to know the final starter evolutions already XD

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah, the names aren't going to be too important to me, but I'm sure we're all more anxious to find out whether or not those evolutions are fake or not.

M.K

Level 55
Sorry to rain on your parade, but that rumor is obviously wrong.
The man claims that 10 Dragon Types will be introduced. Throughout 4 Generations, we've only had 21 Dragon Types TOTAL.

Plus, here's what we've got so far:

1) Kibago
2) Kibago Evo
3) Kibago Evo 2 (Onokosu?)
4) Reshiram
5) Zekrom

Even adding an entirely new 3-stage line wouldn't bring it to the number of Pokemon needed.

XACE-K

Smash Master
The man claims that 10 Dragon Types will be introduced. Throughout 4 Generations, we've only had 21 Dragon Types TOTAL.
Which rumor? The Hajime guy? I haven't seen anything involving number of pokemon belonging to each types. Could you post a link please?

And we got a new kitty cat.

Meow.

M.K

Level 55
Which rumor? The Hajime guy? I haven't seen anything involving number of pokemon belonging to each types. Could you post a link please?

And we got a new kitty cat.

Meow.
Oh it was a GameFaqs post posted by "Joe Glover" claiming to know the number of each type that would be in the game.

Can't find the link :/

XACE-K

Smash Master
Oh it was a GameFaqs post posted by "Joe Glover" claiming to know the number of each type that would be in the game.

Can't find the link :/
Ok, I'll find it unless it's been deleted. And amongst all the rumors going around, I think the Hajime guy is the most believable, but I still think he's lying.

Btw, I like all this pre-release rumor stuff. It's fun, especially days before Brawl's release.

Clownbot

Smash Lord

1) Kibago
2) Kibago Evo
4) Reshiram
5) Zekrom

Even adding an entirely new 3-stage line wouldn't bring it to the number of Pokemon needed.
This doesn't necessarily prove that there won't be 10 new Dragon-Types this gen.
Sure, it's unlikely, but...

M.K

Level 55
It sure is fun, but it also makes me lose more and more faith in the Serebii community.

Currently, they are debating whether or not Jello-Bearblob is based off a sperm or not.
And it's getting heated.

Like wtf. LOL

Spire

III
BRoomer
It sure is fun, but it also makes me lose more and more faith in the Serebii community.

Currently, they are debating whether or not Jello-Bearblob is based off a sperm or not.
And it's getting heated.

Like wtf. LOL
Yeah, they overthink everything. Same with the Zelda community over at Zelda Universe and such. They overanalyze every single aspect of the series and it just tarnishes the 'fun' factor that games are designed for.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Legendaries aside there have was Dragonite in Gen. I, Kingdra in Gen. II, Flygon and Salamence in Gen. III, and Garchomp in Gen. IV. Everything else was a legendary Pokemon - Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, etc. It's rather set.

That whole sperm debate, oh boy.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Legendaries aside there have was Dragonite in Gen. I, Kingdra in Gen. II, Flygon and Salamence in Gen. III, and Garchomp in Gen. IV. Everything else was a legendary Pokemon - Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, etc. It's rather set.

That whole sperm debate, oh boy.
Well hey, traditions can be broken.

I guess it does seem a bit sketchy, though.

Vermy

Smash Champion

1) Kibago
2) Kibago Evo
4) Reshiram
5) Zekrom

Hypothetically...
6) Third dragon legendary alongside Zekrom and Reshiram (Dragon/Water?)
7) New 1st form dragon
8) New dragon 2nd form
9) New dragon 3rd form
10) Smugleaf's 3rd form. (It could happen)

10 dragons this gen is not out of the cards. Gen III had 7. With Swablu and Trapinch not being dragon types but evolving into them.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

1) Kibago
2) Kibago Evo
4) Reshiram
5) Zekrom

This whole post made me go :L Going by the logic Terywj used, it would've been impossible for there to be more than one or two lines of Ghosts in 3rd gen(Ghastly line + Misdreavus was all there was before then, 3rd introduced Shuppet/Duskull/Sableye/Shedinja, vs the 3 non-legendary lines of Dragons in 3rd). The rumor may or may not be true, but it being false over something like that is rather silly. On top of that, it seems like by this point, they are getting more liberal with type match ups. Maybe Dragon being a popular secondary type will finally stop being only in Ubers.

I'm not even gonna touch the sperm debate, though it sounds like something the community would do.
10lulz

Let me have your kids.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Did they really use Wotter? Wow, i bet the dude who coined that is pumped or ready to sue. I'm real glad to no that those fakes were, well, fake. Though the new names for the Pokemon are a bit of a downer. Why did they slap a Y on Victini? I think it looks better with an I.

Meh, i'll just nickname it Victini like you'll all do with Smugleaf.

EDIT: Did i just make a whole post about Victini's name? Owch, i am officially a fan now xD

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
They did similar for Serebii / Celebii and maybe Jirachi too. =\ Romanization can take many different turns.
Aren't L and R the same thing in Japanese or something? Those Gamecube controllers must be pretty darn annoying to use.

Also, aren't legendaries supposed to have the same name across the languages? I feel like Nintendo said that or something.

My eyes still brun at Victiny.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Victiny. Ewww.

And also, I know that's how it roughly translates across, but... Zolua? Zoloark? ._.
It worked better for Lucario. At least that's easy to pronounce...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom