• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Smugleaf is ugly and over-designed, like all of GIV. The only reason it became so popular as a meme is because it's, well, smug.

Narwhals are amazing. Narwhal Pokemon? Amazinger.

Pokabu has the makings of a Digimon, but also fits perfectly into Pokemon. However, it's third evo looks like it's literally a Digimon. Could've fooled me on that one.

The Middle Stages are all amazing. Thats a good thing, considering that 2 of them are double as likely to be real than the rest of this release.

Mewter

Smash Master
Smugleaf is ugly and over-designed, like all of GIV. The only reason it became so popular as a meme is because it's, well, smug.
Your opinion is cool. Thanks.

Narwhals are amazing. Narwhal Pokemon? Amazinger.
Is it just as amazing when it has the possibility of smothering an otherwise great otter line?:urg:
I think that if they are going to make a narwhal Pokemon, they should have made the line more smooth, start with a narwhal, or else not have tricked us into believing we would have a samurai otter on our hands.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
A lot of IV-Genners are well-designed to me. Even if they were all bad, I still think Tsutarja and its final evo both look pretty cool.

Mijumaru's final evo strays quite a bit from its predecessors, but that's not my main gripe so much as I think the pokemon itself looks a bit, well, silly. After looking at the final evos again I think my big problem with Pokabu's is the head. I do like some things about it, however, like the patterns on the torso.

My primary reason for including the "middle starters are all amazing" part of your quote in my post is my problem with Pokabu's first evolution. I really don't like it, lol.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
A lot of IV-Genners are well-designed to me. Even if they were all bad, I still think Tsutarja and its final evo both look pretty cool.

Mijumaru's final evo strays quite a bit from its predecessors design-wise, but that's not my main gripe so much as I think the pokemon itself looks a bit, well, silly. After looking at the final evos again I think my big problem with Pokabu's is the head. I do like some things about it, however, like the patterns on the torso.

My primary reason for including the "middle starters are all amazing" part of your quote in my post is my problem with Pokabu's first evolution. I really don't like it, lol.
If these go down as fake, it's the most likely of the three middler's to be fake anyway, because it wasn't with those manga scans.
Which, by the way, seem to have evaporated. Where did i see those?

Mewter said:
Your opinion is cool. Thanks.
Your welcome.

Is it just as amazing when it has the possibility of smothering an otherwise great otter line?
I think that if they are going to make a narwhal Pokemon, they should have made the line more smooth, start with a narwhal, or else not have tricked us into believing we would have a samurai otter on our hands.
Did we have a chance at a Samuri otter in the first place? At least we have a Narwhal, even if it isn't so smooth. If you really don't like it, the unsmoothness helps to indicate that the final evo is fake but the middle is real because of the elusive manga scans which i must now find before i go insane.

EDIT: I'M NOT INSANE!

Mewter

Smash Master
They could have done so much with an otter, you know?

Just shoehorning in a strange animal with patterns just barely reminiscent of Mijumaru's shell on it, in direct conflict with the trend that seemed to be occurring, just seems to disrupt the entire evolution of the line. Something about the transition just doesn't click.

Only my opinion, though. :|

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The fact that the middle evolutions match the anime art exactly is part of the reason I'm inclined to think they're fake. You'd think they'd have separate Sugimori Art.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wasn't the bat's official art pretty dang if not spot on similar to the concept art?

Also, I'm going out on a limb and saying that the final starters are pure Grass(or possibly Grass/Dragon), Fire/Ground or Rock, and Water/Rock(or Ice if Rock's taken). They're growing on me, but the b'awing over them/denial that they might be real is annoying me
:L Oh well.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
honestly pokabus and wotters evos dont make sense to me. how does a pig suddenly learn to stand? and how can a otter lose its ability to stand? to be honest i like wotters evos, they look cool even if its final evo doesnt make sense. pokabus evos make no sense to me. their designs must be the worst so far for starters. i hope for both of them to be fake, but i dont mind wotter's evos.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I really doubt GameFreak would do Fire/Fighting three times in a row. Because of this, either those evolutions are Fire/Dark, or they're fake.

And to all of you who think "they don't make sense", firstly you have no imagination, and secondly it's a video game where you catch and train cartoon creatures. Logic is largely absent from Pokémon. Like Wailord's weight. Stop being so worried and just accept it as new additions to your beloved Pokémon series. I hope you can all realize that every time you find yourself disappointed, it's a product of your nitpicking and extremely high standards. Just be grateful that GF is trying their best to innovate and change the series so it doesn't feel monotonous.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I really doubt GameFreak would do Fire/Fighting three times in a row. Because of this, either those evolutions are Fire/Dark, or they're fake.

And to all of you who think "they don't make sense", firstly you have no imagination, and secondly it's a video game where you catch and train cartoon creatures. Logic is largely absent from Pokémon. Like Wailord's weight. Stop being so worried and just accept it as new additions to your beloved Pokémon series. I hope you can all realize that every time you find yourself disappointed, it's a product of your nitpicking and extremely high standards. Just be grateful that GF is trying their best to innovate and change the series so it doesn't feel monotonous.
do you have to be that harsh? sheesh im just saying what i feel from these designs. im not here to start a arguement.

and if anything i'd say fire/dark or fire/ground would make sense for pokabus final typing since pigs tend to roll around in mud.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah I do. Wasn't directed only at you.

I'm tired of people complaining the second new games are unveiled and/or info regarding them. It's truly something that comes with age. The more time you've had to analyze your favorite game series, the more conservative you can become, holding on to old values too tightly. This is something that happens big time with Zelda.

Nintendo: Wind Waker's cell shading is unveiled.
Humans: BOOOOO!!!! We want a dark, realistic Zelda!
Nintendo: Okay here's Twilight Princess.
Humans: BOOOOO!!!! This game sucks, it's just like Ocarina of Time but easier! Oh wow Wind Waker really was a good game, man that game rocks! Oh and did you hear about Majora's Mask? MAN THAT GAME IS SO AWESOME, I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER PLAYED IT UNTIL NOW!
Nintendo: Okay, here's Skyward Sword, it's kind of like a compromise between WW and TP and is based before OoT so it ties into that too.
Humans: THIS IS STUPID, WE WANT MAJORA'S MASK 2.0!
Nintendo: ...

See what I'm getting at here?

M.K

Level 55
So....you're allowing yourself the opportunity to say that you like them, but we are inopportune to say we don't? I don't have very high standards, I like Gear....but these things, to me, are just plain awful and most likely fake.

I say "clearly fake" because of these:

Tsu2:

Tsu3:

Poka2:

Poka3:

Miju2:

Miju3:

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
My theory is that a disproportionate amount of people have chosen the fire started in the past so they made this one look like absolute **** so no one would get it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
People have not enough life to be making such and so many detailed things that are all speculation.

And really, people need to get off the "How does ___ go from ____ to ____?!" already. Things change, simple as that.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Spire you can't honestly say people not liking these starters is because of "nit picking" and "extremely high standards".

If you haven't noticed Gen 5 has largely received positive reviews up until this point.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Havn't been here in a bit, got some new used PS2 games wich took up time.

As for these evolutions, they seem to drastic even for pokemon, like wotter's 2nd to 3rd. Also pokabu's evo's look atrocious in my thoughts,any I hope these are fake (bar the anime ones in the sketch a while back)

UberMario

Smash Master
Those gifs are popping up everywhere, but hey, I thought they were fake anyway, so they pretty much just cement my stance.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Spire you can't honestly say people not liking these starters is because of "nit picking" and "extremely high standards".

If you haven't noticed Gen 5 has largely received positive reviews up until this point.
Quoted for truth.

We aren't having a rough time taking our "nostalgia glasses" off, we're having a rough time getting used to these terrible starter evos.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
yea pretty much. guess we'll have to wait till black and white come out.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Copy pasting time, courtesy of /vp/

"A guy came on last night. He was apparantly friends with a translater/localizer for NoA. Apparently, NoA is working on the English demo for BW. They are almost halfway done. The guy (who spoke fractured English) was given permission from his friend to post a small textdump (proper formatting included). He revealed quite a few things, such as names:
Victini -> Victiny
Tsutarja -> Ivyper
Pokabu -> Buroink
Mijumaru -> Wotter (He said his friend had "a sense of humor")
Minezumi -> Hypmunk
Gear -> Gears
Chillarmy -> Chillarmy
Zorua -> Zolua*
Zoroark -> Zoloark*
Reshiram -> Reshiram
Zekrom -> Zekrom
Bel -> Bel**
Cheren -> Nathan
N -> N
Team Plasma -> Team Plasma
* He said there could have been a translation error
** An optional name could be Bella
He also said that the names were not final, but likely to be used in the final product. During this time, he let us ask him questions. He confirmed that Isshu is based off of New York. Also, N's father is the leader of Team Plasma. N's real name is Nikolai or Nikolae. N is not an angel or Pokémon. He is a prince from a far away land, running from Plasma. He is an ally, although he is somehow "manipulated" by Plasma near the end. He and Plasma have the same goal of seperating humans and Pokémon, except Plasma wants to destroy the human part to truly liberate the Pokémon. N wants a peaceful solution. He has a strange personality that Bel enjoys, but Nathan is suspicious of. He encounters the player often, asking questions. Depending on how you answer, you may receive items, but still battle him. He has a Chillarmy. He is hiding on the ferris wheel to avoid Plasma. He says he use Fly to escape, and then explains Fly to the player, as well as providing it. It is still HM02. N does not die, although Plasma's leader apparently "disappears". The guy says to make of it what you will. Gyms are apparently not limited to one type anymore.

New items:
Key Item: Royal Crown (Has a mysterious air to it)
Hold Item: Gooey Ball (Prevents your Pokémon from attacking sometimes, but may stick to your opponent)
Poké Balls: Foot Ball and Base Ball (Just cosmetic differences, like a Premier Ball)
There is only one region, but it is large. Pokémon cannot follow you. When asked about new evolutions for Eevee, he said he may have seen a new Ground one, but is unsure. He also believes that Luvdisc and Mamanbou are most likely related. The shown starter evolutions are fake, except for the 2nd forms of Mijumaru and Tsutarja. Pokabu's 2nd form remains on all fours, looks angry, and has tusks. He neglected to comment on the final forms. When asked if Pokémon transferred from DPPtHGSS to BW would be able to be transferred back, he said he was unsure, but it would only make sense, as long as they don't have anything introduced in Gen V on them. As a third legendary to Reshiram and Zekrom, he speculates that it could be based on "Wuji", the infinity of nothing. At the end, he was asked to get a tripcode, which he did. He is known as "Hajime" (in Katakana), the guy from Teachy TV. He might be back tonight around tonight, as last night the conversation lasted from 3:30 am ET to 7:00 am ET. When asked why he would post this on 4chan instead of 2ch, he said we would get a kick out of it more than the Japanese players, since it's for an English demo, and that we'll have more fun with it. He used an image of a battle with N. Someone made a recording of the thread and posted it on the PokéBeach forums. I believe he is legitimate."

Take with salt grains and whatnot. lol Wotter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom