• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm taking it literally that we go from 31 IVs to 8 IVs. Not adding two new stats for IVs to be put into. It would also explain the 60-70 Power of IVs

Also it could all be fake.

sammy p

Smash Lord
I myself (if it is true) woul;d really like to see the bug steel type legendary...
that brings about what i wanted to say.... not sure if this was said already because i dont check into this all the time, but...
what the eff.....
WHY are there so many GOD FORSAKEN LEGENDARY POKEMON! cant we just put it back the way it was in the first and second gen when each game had 5 legendaries MAX!?!?! WHY do they have to add 20 legendary pokemon every new game that comes out... whats the point of that?!?
its not like legendaries are even that special anymore...
Jesus effing christ..

Pete278

Smash Lord
9 out of 150 is barely anything, stop complaining. As long as the designs on the legendaries is fine, I'm okay with it. DPP was meant to be the generation of legends and myth, and so it needed more legendaries. Imagine if, say, the legend of Regigigas was in the game, but he wasn't. 'So, there was this really tough pokemon, back before people, it pulled the continents into place.' 'Oh, cool, can I catch it?' 'No' 'Why the **** not?'

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Oh snap guys I'm off on holiday until the 18th! I'm going to miss the rush of new information seeing as though I probably wont get back on a comp until the 19th.

I'll most likely be asking lots of questions when I get back.

Anyway cheerio see you all in a week or so.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
* 9 out of 156...

that is like the same ratio from gen 1
Not really. Gen I only had 5 legendaries. This gen supposedly has 13 (not being obtainable in the game doesn't make them nonexistent as pokemon).

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Nope. Gen I only had 5 legendaries. This gen supposedly has 13 (not being obtainable in the game doesn't make them nonexistent as pokemon).
Technically they don't count, since they aren't apart of the game, but more a reward for players who constantly keep up. They are sort of like DLC, except free and for pokemon. You certainly wouldn't count DLC as part of the game (keep in mind, most DLC is on the disc.)

sammy p

Smash Lord
theres 14 if you count the event legendaries(which personally, i do), and victini.
and even if you dont count those 4, thats 9(NINE) legendaries you can catch in either games.
sorry, but i still feel like thats a lot.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Again, you only FEEL like its a lot and you aren't playing the game. In game, after seeing 150 pokemon, and running into a legendary, the number of legendaries you will feel you encounter will be far less. Stop looking at games from the outside in. It doesn't do you any good.

Looking at a Zelda game from the outside tells you that this game is over fairly quickly. What it doesn't tell you is that there is loads to do, see, and explore in the world.

Looking at Metal Gear Solid 4 from the outside in tells you this game has a lot of cutscenes, what it won't tell you is that they are spaced out and are of perfect portion to the gameplay itself.

Check out my double doubles!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
We may have more Pokémon in general this time around than we did in fourth gen, but there are still 13 legendaries, and that's a lot. I don't see why Event Legends don't count -- conceptually they're absolutely no different, I'd even say they're worse because if you want to "catch 'em all" you have to potentially drive halfway across town to download a Pokémon, and half of the events just GIVE the Pokémon to you without even giving you the satisfaction of catching it yourself.

This doesn't mean I'm going to hate Black and White right off the bat or anything, it doesn't mean the legendaries will necessarily be bad, but too many legendaries is part of what was wrong with fourth gen, so I don't think it's unreasonable to be upset when they follow up with a similar number, regardless of the ratio.

Also, 13 : 156 is not at all the same ratio as 5 : 151, so I'm not sure why people seem to think it's similar.

I'm not a big fan of massive numbers of legendaries. Feel free to have your own take on things, but telling people to "stop complaining" and saying they're looking at the game wrong is pointless.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's not DLC. Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus were ALL built into D/P/Pt, Nintendo just forced you to attend some event to actually access them, unless you wanted to hack your way there (like I did).

Even so, DLC is a part of the game and as I said, conceptually they are still there, I don't care if they have to be downloaded or not.

If Nintendo is making these games with the intent of having these Pokémon in there, I don't see why it suddenly doesn't count, except for the mere sake of not counting legends.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Yeah, so is a lot of DLC built on the disc, the only difference is Pokemon doesn't make you pay for it.

DLC isn't part of a game, its extra content. Its called Downloadable Content, not Required To Complete Game Downloadable Content.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
We could argue about this until we're blue in the face, but I have not, and won't ever, consider event Pokémon to be DLC or exclude DLC from being a part of the game. I considered it to be twelve legends back in the DPPt era, I consider it to be thirteen legends in this generation.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Kofu, that happened in DPPLT as well.

We could argue about this until we're blue in the face, but I have not, and won't ever, consider event Pokémon to be DLC
Its litterally DLC though, no question asked. It works JUST like DLC on a mechanic level.
You hook up with their server.
There server runs some code, unlocks apart of the game.
WAH LA!

This is how standard DLC works. Some makes you pay, some doesn't, but it still is DLC and has and will never be considered apart of the full game anymore than an expansion pack OR an "episode" (half life) is.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Yeah, you don't with most DLC either.
Case in point: Makoto in Blazblue
Costumes in SFIV SSFIV
Maps in RE5
A lot of other **** DLC too.

Doubles again, just as planned.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Most DLC I know of is actually DOWNLOADED and not just unlocked. I'm pretty sure that's why it's called downloadable content.

With event Pokémon, all you're doing is downloading a physical Pokémon. Was Deoxys DLC for Diamond and Pearl just because you were able to download it through an event? No, it's just that you can get some silly special version of it if you download it from Nintendo.

You're not downloading the Pokédex data, or the ability for that Pokémon to exist, you're downloading the right to have that Pokémon either through the Pokémon itself or an item.

Again, we can argue about this until we're blue in the face. If you really want to consider them DLC, great for you, but I've never seen them as that and I never will. I'm a little too worn out to debate over something as silly as whether Pokémon should be considered DLC or not. There are too many legends being added with this game, in my opinion, and that's where I stand.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
No Firus, you can deny this until your Blue in the Face. Nothing seperates Pokemon Events from regular DLC, where you don't download anything, just unlock something already on your game disc.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No Firus, you can deny this until your Blue in the Face. Nothing seperates Pokemon Events from regular DLC, where you don't download anything, just unlock something already on your game disc.
All right, be obstinate, but I'm not going to try and argue this with you.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I want the list to be fake.

That thing IS a Luvdisc evo.

Anything that says otherwise is fake to me until the game comes out and proves me right/wrong.

>:/

Also I personally like Split evolutions, so why will they not happen? D:

M.K

Level 55
Of course the data is programmed into the game! You think it travels through cyberspace to get to your DS, flying through walls and environmental biomes to smash into your DS and "plop!" you get a Shaymin :D

Uh, no, all the data is on the disc, the download only opens the door to it.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Of course the data is programmed into the game! You think it travels through cyberspace to get to your DS, flying through walls and environmental biomes to smash into your DS and "plop!" you get a Shaymin :D
So THAT's why Shaymin has a Sky Form[e]! :bee:

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
The big Pokemon Sunday episode is tomorrow, right?

I hope that'll shed some light on stuff like Luvdisc/Mamabou and the evolutions of the starters. I REALLY don't want that thing to be Baycon's 1st evo/Wotter's final evo. :<

Though I really liked Smugleaf's final evo.

Also, I don't consider a 154:13 ratio of legionaries to be all that bad.

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
Smugleaf's final evo looks epic.

Also, you know what I think B/W should bring? A Pokemon with a ability to bring infinite Trick Room, like Drizzle or Drought.

Then again, that would turn the entire metagame on its head. So maybe not.

Knowing Smogon (not really), they would so make it Uber.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Second one has already been checked, and it almost certainly fake.

If they're related at all, the first one is fake as well.

Also, hell is beginning to break loose in /tr/. The first pictures of people owning black are coming up, and fake ROMs are popping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom