• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

M.K

Level 55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_9Buq-T3CE

You need to see this guy's fusions. They are f***ing awesome. I saw his compilation of them and it just amazed me. His talent is god-like.
HOLY ****!
The ones at the beginning are simply AMAZING! The ones throughout the video are also good, just not on the same caliber as the first few!

EDIT: Never mind, I take that back. They are all amazing.

EDIT2: Don't worry, I know I suck at spriting -_- Thanks XACE.

I kid, I believe I'm pretty decent at spriting, does anyone agree?

A_man13

Smash Master
HOLY ****!
The ones at the beginning are simply AMAZING! The ones throughout the video are also good, just not on the same caliber as the first few!

Your certainly one of the better spriters out there. It's just...that guy is amazing. Lets lure him into joining the CPS! :p

I kid as well, course.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

lulz it's small :laugh:

I was trying to keep it porportional to the normal baby kangaskan spirte but it didn't work out to well. When I tried to zoom, it kept resizing to 100% D:

EDIT: Wow O_O

That guy is seriously amazing.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Meh. I probably sound jealous, and there might be a bit of that here, but he's half-awesome and half-meh. When he tackles more simple concepts, he does a very good job and those are some of his best works. When he tackles the fusing of like...10 different Pokemon, they end up not even looking like Pokemon anymore. They're good, it's just...there's a difference between a job well done and overdoing something.

Some of the complex concepts he pulled off awesomely. Oceanfiend, for example...pure win. Sun Sage...looks pretty cool, but...seriously?

I'm not denying that he's a great spriter, but it seems like he's just showing off by fusing together a ton of Pokemon. Again, maybe just jealousy...but maybe I'm not the only one who sees it?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I know I sound like a noob, and you probably already explained this, but what are the basics of spriting. I took the link with the spriters resourse, and I downloaded Paint.Net, but I can't seem to get a single sprite and even then I can't do that thing with making some features stand out. it seams the resource only has sheets, and how do you make certain parts above the text on Paint.net?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
You have just inspired me. for my 1000th post, I will, for a limited time, go back to my original avi.

1,000th PPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!

A_man13

Smash Master
Let's just say that video inspired me:

Meh, could be better, could be worse. the outline doesn't show on this theme, though...

XACE-K

Smash Master
Meh. It's not good but it is hard to scratch.

Meh. I probably sound jealous, and there might be a bit of that here, but he's half-awesome and half-meh. When he tackles more simple concepts, he does a very good job and those are some of his best works. When he tackles the fusing of like...10 different Pokemon, they end up not even looking like Pokemon anymore. They're good, it's just...there's a difference between a job well done and overdoing something.

Some of the complex concepts he pulled off awesomely. Oceanfiend, for example...pure win. Sun Sage...looks pretty cool, but...seriously?

I'm not denying that he's a great spriter, but it seems like he's just showing off by fusing together a ton of Pokemon. Again, maybe just jealousy...but maybe I'm not the only one who sees it?
I was amazed at his ability to fuse that many pokemon but I agree, they didn't look like pokemon anymore. They looked more like a 100 pokemon thrown into a fusion machine but it had a error during the fusing sequence and caused a freak to appear.

Could be better.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, that's really weird...a while ago I could've sworn I saw a really angry, evil-looking Grimer emoticon replacing the regular one, but I noticed it just as I posted something and was going to check to see if I had really seen it or not, and I forgot and now it's not there anymore. Meh.

Not that it's really shocking anyways, likely just a bunch of BRoom shenanigans. They're always up to something.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Okay, that's really weird...a while ago I could've sworn I saw a really angry, evil-looking Grimer emoticon replacing the regular one, but I noticed it just as I posted something and was going to check to see if I had really seen it or not, and I forgot and now it's not there anymore. Meh.

Not that it's really shocking anyways, likely just a bunch of BRoom shenanigans. They're always up to something.
**** I actually got a SS but i forgot to put it in paint. **** YOU SHORT ATTENTION SPAN!

A_man13

Smash Master

The grimers are about to get you. They are behind you, around you, hidden in your comp. All they are waiting for is the chance to take you hostage and make you a brawl fanatic (or at least until one of them gains enough EXP to evolve into moderator muks).

A_man13

Smash Master
The sprites from earlier were edited now that I realised I needed to fix the outline put a smile on that face.

Wrath`

Smash Master
The sprites from earlier were edited now that I realised I needed to fix the outline put a smile on that face.

Yeah, once the outline is fixed it should be good quality spriting.
I think it needs more rockets on it,:laugh:

Wow, yeah that 09'er a mod, but if they Hired JesahiTEG, i am preety sure he's next in line..................

Well one thing, 07'ers like me had nothing against them, but I was stupid in my first 500 posts, specialy in the "who should be in brawl, Lucario or Blaziken" Good memories tho.

A_man13

Smash Master
Yeah, once the outline is fixed it should be good quality spriting.
I think it needs more rockets on it,:laugh:

Wow, yeah that 09'er a mod, but if they Hired JesahiTEG, i am preety sure he's next in line..................

Well one thing, 0';ers like me had nothing against them, but I was stupid in my first 500 posts, specialy in the "who should be in brawl, Lucario or Blaziken" Good memories tho.
That's a problem with the site color, not the sprites themselves. On Smogon/Photobucket they look fine.

I like the idea of rockets. Maybe put a huge R on it while I'm at it.

We all had our dumb days. I've regreted some things I've posted.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Decided to do another sprite.

Introducing Chansavia!

Sorta looks like it could be named Plumpy too.
It's very good. I especially like how you took two Pokemon with completely different forms and make them work together.

Metapod/Arceus, requested by Yaya.

Yes, it is Dragon-type. I see it as a mystical being, and there's really no "mystical" type -- the closest is Dragon.

I haven't gotten cracking on the Pending list, only my claimed list, because I guess I claimed about 5 requests in a row so all of the most recent ones are on my claimed list, not the request list. And you know my policy; a strict "first come, first served" policy. I really want to whittle some requests of the pending list but I don't particularly want to break my policy, so...yeah.

Free time does wonders for me. Too bad I'm going to run out of it very shortly.
I take back what I said, and put in this post. This AMAZING, the fact that you were able to fuse them. Honostly, I would prefer had it been born with 4 legs instead of two, but it is great either way.

I still hate 08ers and 09ers no matter how smart they are, except you guys, some of the FG guys, some of the Ike board guys....and that's about it.
:( Why must you hate us XACE-K? Why?

Ah, it's no big deal. I alos am not too fond of most of the new members ar smashboards.

I just hate your join date. And this is a reason why n00bs are hated so much.

Also, I found out that for photobucket to work for me, I need to refresh it over and over again.
Wow, who know McFox could own like that?

So, I take it Mod's have a zero% tolerance level for stupidity and annoyance? Makes sense.

HOLY ****!

That Blastoise/Kangaskhan mix was AMAZING. It looks so professional. And that Raikou/Suicune?Entei combo is awesome.

But, he's not all he is cracked up to be. Most of those sprites are just a recolor with pasted attributes. Some are very good, or even scratched, but most or rather simple.

Oddly enough, this is exactly what I do for my sprites.

I know I sound like a noob, and you probably already explained this, but what are the basics of spriting. I took the link with the spriters resourse, and I downloaded Paint.Net, but I can't seem to get a single sprite and even then I can't do that thing with making some features stand out. it seams the resource only has sheets, and how do you make certain parts above the text on Paint.net?
Use this for tutorials.

And use this to get Pokemon Sprites.

lulz it's small :laugh:

I was trying to keep it porportional to the normal baby kangaskan spirte but it didn't work out to well. When I tried to zoom, it kept resizing to 100% D:

EDIT: Wow O_O

That guy is seriously amazing.

-:bowser:Bowser King
It's okay. It must be hard to work with a sprite that small.

I think I've caught up on my reading.:laugh:

Edit: You know, I take that back. This guy does have major skill. Some of those fusiond incorporate many pokemon and they don't look horrible. That is pretty amazing. Holy @#$%, I just reached the latter part of the video with Sun Sage and Terraslug. Those were incredible! How does he scratch something like that?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I feel like i missed so much:( can someone fill me in? im WAAAAY to lazy to read 4-5 pages

wow, I don't think McFox will like that guy very much.

BK< that's a nice scratch, considering no body had ever seen it:)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
handsockpuppet, for using spritesheets, you just either save it and then open it in Paint (if you do, save it as a .png, remember), or copy and paste it into Paint. Then use the Select tool to select the sprite, cut or copy it, and put it into another window of Paint.

I take back what I said, and put in this post. This AMAZING, the fact that you were able to fuse them. Honostly, I would prefer had it been born with 4 legs instead of two, but it is great either way.
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

Holy @#$%, I just reached the latter part of the video with Sun Sage and Terraslug. Those were incredible! How does he scratch something like that?
He didn't scratch them -- from what I can tell, they're basically a massive copy-paste with some edits. Not to say it doesn't take skill, but it's not entirely scratched.

M.K

Level 55

Am I really gonna be the one to say it?

These sprites....are not good. Not in the least bit. Yes, they are colorful, but it's simple copy-and-paste stuff that, frankly, looks out-of-place and awkward.
I don't sugar coat things, I really don't. When you get to be a renowned spriter, neither will your critics. I'm preparing you for what is to come.
Nothing about these sprites strike me as "good" or "quality spriting". In fact, quite the opposite. Do not try to EXPAND a sprite, but rather try and incorporate things WITHIN a sprite's outline.

A_man13

Smash Master
I know it was bad. I was just bored and didn't want to do homework.

...since we've all faced it at one time or another.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Am I really gonna be the one to say it?

These sprites....are not good. Not in the least bit. Yes, they are colorful, but it's simple copy-and-paste stuff that, frankly, looks out-of-place and awkward.
I don't sugar coat things, I really don't. When you get to be a renowned spriter, neither will your critics. I'm preparing you for what is to come.
Nothing about these sprites strike me as "good" or "quality spriting". In fact, quite the opposite. Do not try to EXPAND a sprite, but rather try and incorporate things WITHIN a sprite's outline.
Good words, MK.

I believe that Electrode's body is too large to look good with those tiny wings.

EDIT:

I want this to be my new avitar. It is simply that amazing. Bravo, A_man!

EDIT2: If we ever bring back the Colliseum, this thing would win every round. Ha ha ha!

A_man13

Smash Master
Good words, MK.

I believe that Electrode's body is too large to look good with those tiny wings.

EDIT:

I want this to be my new avitar. It is simply that amazing. Bravo, A_man!

EDIT2: If we ever bring back the Colliseum, this thing would win every round. Ha ha ha!
I failed and I won today. Glad you like it. Course why would I fuse the two without calling it Scizortran?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Firus, feel free to take down my 'Happy Hippowdon' request from the pending list. I don't want it anymore, and no one wants to do it.

Also, I've realised that I've made over 120 threads in my time on the Boards. Over 120! That's about 3 threads a month (estimated). When I search to see how many I've made, the list cuts off on page 5.

A_man13

Smash Master
Firus, feel free to take down my 'Happy Hippowdon' request from the pending list. I don't want it anymore, and no one wants to do it.

Also, I've realised that I've made over 120 threads in my time on the Boards. Over 120! That's about 3 threads a month (estimated). When I search to see how many I've made, the list cuts off on page 5.
120 threads, eh? The question now becomes "How many of those were meaningful?"

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
MK, a lot of sprite fusions you make seem like they would make 5th gen pokemon, nice job.

I've been playing WoW like always, and boy, my arcane mage is FUN, not to mention Thrall = best leader ever.

A_man13

Smash Master
MK, a lot of sprite fusions you make seem like they would make 5th gen pokemon, nice job.

I've been playing WoW like always, and boy, my arcane mage is FUN, not to mention Thrall = best leader ever.
You mean if they weren't fusions of pre-existing pokemon?

I've put the last non-electrode sprite in my signature. I'm proud :p

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I know it was bad. I was just bored and didn't want to do homework.

...since we've all faced it at one time or another.
:scared:
ah, f#@&, It's a nice fusion, but are you TRYING to spite me, just add jirachi while your at it

Top Bottom