• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Waza

Smash Apprentice
sooo.....has anyone noticed that this thread has become more of a chatroom than sprite creator? Sure there havent been as many requests recently, but there must be some on reserve or something....

XACE-K

Smash Master
sooo.....has anyone noticed that this thread has become more of a chatroom than sprite creator? Sure there havent been as many requests recently, but there must be some on reserve or something....
I've been wondering the same too which is why I rarly come here.

Guess I should...
*evil plan here*

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well becuase your new here..I guess you don't know that the Pokemon custom shop is really a *gets Headshot*

A_man13

Smash Master
what's it like to get the stomach fluzzz?

lucky!!!!!

ask A_man, he is VERY good, just ask for his jirachi team;)

and WOW that gardevoir pick is VERY well made
You haven't seen my new team just yet. I don't need no stupid jirachi with my new fighting type.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Were sorry that we haven't been pumping out sprites as fast and hopefully we will be back on schedule after Exams and other things.

Anyway, I heard jpp8 (for those who don't visit the group thread) left smashboards forever.

I'm serious. This place is getting worse and worse. More idiots and fewer awesome people.
Uncle Kenny got banned and I heard, I didn't know him well, that he was pretty cool. Though, from the posts I had seen, he seemed like a funny guy (aka a wittier version of zook).

I'll miss you jpp8.....

Unless this is a joke. If that's true then I'll....

-:bowser:Bowser King

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm serious. This place is getting worse and worse. More idiots and fewer awesome people.

I agree. The CPS has really gone down the metaphorical tubes as of late. It's a shame, really.

Uncle Kenny got banned and I heard, I didn't know him well, that he was pretty cool. Though, from the posts I had seen, he seemed like a funny guy (aka a wittier version of zook).
He requested to be banned, he told me.

And fuck off. That last bit was uncalled for.

A_man13

Smash Master
[/COLOR]

I agree. The CPS has really gone down the metaphorical tubes as of late. It's a shame, really.

Have to agree. I have not been helping of late, there is just a lot going on. The whole PC is dying. Jiggs leaving only makes matters worse.

M.K

Level 55
[/COLOR]

Snap! He requested PERMAban! Why? I mean, if you have THAT much hatred, just...don't come anymore >.>
Yes, this place is full of idiots (SWF not the CPS, that place is full of win and donuts
don't hog all the donuts, Firus, gawd....).
I've lost faith in the SBR after the latest excuse for a tier list.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This is mainly because the spriters don't really sprite anymore. When this opened we got like 5 sprites a day and now we get... nothing.

I'm assuming it was just the holidays, but now it's halfway through January =/

EDIT:

@Tier list

The tier list was good until they got to the bottom mid and low tier. THEN they started screwing up, mainly from lack of character knowledge.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I love that Gardevoir pic, and boy was I surprised when I found it. Seriously thats like my favorite pic.

I've had a few requests out for a LONG time, but no one has taken them :p.

M.K

Level 55
I'm very stressed out right now. Plus, I've done ALOT of sprites in the near past, so you guys have nothing to complain about.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
[/COLOR]

The CPS isn't bad. I still enjoy coming here and talking but the discussions haven't been as fun as usual =/

Hopefully after exams we can start giving out sprites again. Seriously, it's at times like this where I wish I could see spire do another sprite. The CPS becomes alive again when he does :)

Why would he request ban? He could have just left and not came back unless he felt like it.

Wowww....sorry, I forgot my sarcasm tags. I also forgot that wondering the internet without them is a dangerous thing >_>

A_man13

Smash Master
Man, I'm both paniced and bored. I've got a paper due tomorow that I emailed my teacher for some last minute help on it and she hasn't written back. I'm also bored because I can't really edit the paper until she gets around to it.

Anyone want to shoddy?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
The CPS isn't bad. I still enjoy coming here and talking but the discussions haven't been as fun as usual =/

Hopefully after exams we can start giving out sprites again. Seriously, it's at times like this where I wish I could see spire do another sprite. The CPS becomes alive again when he does :)

Why would he request ban? He could have just left and not came back unless he felt like it.

Wowww....sorry, I forgot my sarcasm tags. I also forgot that wondering the internet without them is a dangerous thing >_>

once, I have a break or something ill be better about spritting, and it's harder for me since I have mac and I can't find the windows keybord i have to use:( so ill try that this weekend:)

I don't get it. I'm one of the most enthusiastic kids when it comes to English. But i'm in ****** English as well....WTF
don't get on the english subject again, please?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Zook, I finished the Rotom/Azurill fusion.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Were sorry that we haven't been pumping out sprites as fast and hopefully we will be back on schedule after Exams and other things.

Anyway, I heard jpp8 (for those who don't visit the group thread) left smashboards forever.

I'll miss you jpp8.....

Unless this is a joke. If that's true then I'll....

I knew Uncle Kenny on other forums, but I can understand what they banned him for, but he was a cool dude, always funny.

Sickness awesome

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, now that I'm not falling asleep I'll respond to the past two pages of the thread...

There are a ton on reserve, counting claimed ones and the general ones lying around. Look at the bottom of the OP. The issue is that the spriters have lives aside from...well, spriting. It's easier to post a quick comment or get into a discussion than to come up with an idea for a sprite and sprite it, unless you're really motivated to sprite. And when procrastinating, it's easier to let yourself just check a thread and reply to what's there and then get into a conversation than to let yourself do a sprite. For me, anyways. Which is part of the problem; in procrastinating I almost never get anything I actually really would like to get done, done, I end up wasting time.

Wait, what? Does anyone know why? I wish he had at least told us...he was a good member here, it really sucks that he left...

This is mainly because the spriters don't really sprite anymore. When this opened we got like 5 sprites a day and now we get... nothing.

I'm assuming it was just the holidays, but now it's halfway through January =/
Again, it's because of our lives. The holidays, we were busy celebrating the holidays and enjoying a break from the other parts of our lives. But the lack of sprites has...well, the amount has at least dropped down since the summer, and pretty much continued since, with an exception of MK of course. Truth is between school, work, or both, and relaxation, we don't have so much time to spend spriting. I'm sorry, and I know that it's not good for the shop, but it's not like we're just sitting on our ***es neglecting spriting because we just don't feel like it.

I'm not sure if its cute or scary, the teeth and eyes make it seem like it wants to eat my soul. :p Anyways it looks good.
Heh, thanks. I imagine it as a kid's toy. Maybe a Pokemon version of a Power Wheel?

Sickness awesome
Thanks, Koarin.

Oh, and I replayed the City in the Sky from Twilight Princess yesterday -- yay downloadable save files -- and man, that dungeon is so epic. The music is beautiful, the scenery is awesome, and the boss fight is one of my favorites in any game.

EDIT:

HOLY ****!!!!!! THE SPRITER'S RESOURCE IS BACK!!!!

zrky

Smash Lol'd

that looks cool, like REALLY cool

Firus

Oh, and I replayed the City in the Sky from Twilight Princess yesterday -- yay downloadable save files -- and man, that dungeon is so epic. The music is beautiful, the scenery is awesome, and the boss fight is one of my favorites in any game.

cool, me to, that really is one of my favorite dungeons, I REALLY like the aeralfos

EDIT:

HOLY ****!!!!!! THE SPRITER'S RESOURCE IS BACK!!!!

it's been up for a while:ohwell:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thanks for all the compliments guys, glad you like Azurom.

Zrky, tSR has only been up for 6 days now, and I didn't notice it until now (I had pretty much stopped checking it regularly, considering it wasn't coming back). Also, it was out for a few months, and since it's my favorite sprite resource, and, in my opinion, the best on the internet, it's a HUGE deal that it's back to me.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I understand it was down, but I checked sometime last month and it was up 0_o
Oh, you mean it was working? That's not what I'm talking about. It was technically working for a few months, with a patch of not working about twice. But they had been "making changes" to the site for about 3+ months and now they made the changes and are actually doing sprite updates again.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Heck, I sprite whether there are requests or not. Then again, I'm the least experienced of the CPS.

Oh,, I probably won't be able to turn out sprites for a while. My computer got the mother of all viruses and I think it messed up my wireless connection. I'm having to use my Aunt's computer for this.

That is brilliant. Nothing says awesome like a pokemon mixed with a lawnmoer lawn mower (Crap, I have a 4.0 GPA, and I can't spell lawn mower)

Oh yeah, that awesome idea I had a while back was Hitmotop+Goku:laugh:

I"m still working on it so its only okay.

And I got another idea from the site where I learned how to sprite. He had the idea of pixeling-over which is where you take a picture and redraw it in pixelation. Well, I did that with Sugimori's original pokemon artwork. I redrew a Pidgeot and it doesn't look half bad. However, becuase of my not-internet, I used a game guide reference and the sprite is misproportioned. Also, I pretty much had to malke up the colors. I'll see if I can upload it soon.

(Sugimori is the pokemon artist right?)

Top Bottom