• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I know what to do for valentines day:bee: im not very happy about it but I know just the two pokes for it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I remember the time when I was 8. We had to give out valentine cards to everyone and I had just written some random person in my classes name on some random card. I later found out that some cards had "I love you" and "Will you be my valentine" on it. So I had to re-read each card just to make sure I hadn't given the "I love you" ones to some guy. I would certainly have been laughed at.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Because I feel as though our toonlink trend will quickly be adopted by other boards, I have already made the jump into my previous avatar cycle: random Pokemon sprites!

Who here honestly thinks Caterpie is not one of the best Pokemon? :)

Darkslash

Smash Master
**** IT We got to find a new CPS thing.... think think think.....

**** Brain dead. Ohh well working on MACBETH*thunder and lightning* tomorrow in english, it shifted to my favorite subject :D I tend to over do the scary, no hope for tomorrow stuff.

EDIT: Sumo_066 isn't even a regular. Why did we let him/her use it any ways? I don't want to sound like a elitist douche bag but i thought this only applied to CPS members only. Maybe we should sig it, CPS Members get 4 sword link avatars. We see one and you aren't a regular two words. You. Die

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

**** Brain dead. Ohh well working on MACBETH*thunder and lightning* tomorrow in english, it shifted to my favorite subject :D I tend to over do the scary, no hope for tomorrow stuff.

EDIT: Sumo_066 isn't even a regular. Why did we let him/her use it any ways? I don't want to sound like a elitist douche bag but i thought this only applied to CPS members only. Maybe we should sig it, CPS Members get 4 sword link avatars. We see one and you aren't a regular two words. You. Die
I think Firus let him.

It's not even that bad seeing as he does come here but Marthmaster hasn't come once (well...maybe 1 or 2 times at max).

I'm doing twelfth Night right now....

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman

I like the sig idea, it has potential. Eh, I can't think of anything right now...

Oh yeah in english, we've started poetry. Oddly enough, I enjoy it. But, I am Shakespeare, or even Whitman.

Say, do any moderators even come down here? I don't think I've seen one post in at least 50 pages.

A_man13

Smash Master
I like the sig idea, it has potential. Eh, I can't think of anything right now...

Oh yeah in english, we've started poetry. Oddly enough, I enjoy it. But, I am Shakespeare, or even Whitman.

Say, do any moderators even come down here? I don't think I've seen one post in at least 50 pages.
Umbreon is active, but no one really messes with the CPS.

And I'm working on a memoir in my english class where we have to write about a special place that holds lots O memories. I don't have one, though...:(

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
And I'm working on a memoir in my english class where we have to write about a special place that holds lots O memories. I don't have one, though...:(
Well, that's easy. Write about the CPS!

I say, next we need to get all Muppet avatars. Maybe even change our locations to a quote from said Muppet. Anyone?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Toon Link >>>>>>>> Muppets.

And Gonzo already has the whole Muppet thing going for him anyway.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think Firus let him.
"Let" used lightly. I did tell anyone they could use them, but I didn't expect a ton of people to start using them. And Sumo posted on my profile telling me he was using it, and I didn't tell him to take it down.

I say, next we need to get all Muppet avatars. Maybe even change our locations to a quote from said Muppet. Anyone?
I never watched the Muppets (sue me), so no.

I vote we all change our locations to something Latin!

But seriously, I think we should all put Pokemon Red, Blue, or Green as our avatar. Either that or retro consoles/handhelds (since I've got enough now to have a variety of avatars).

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
"Let" used lightly. I did tell anyone they could use them, but I didn't expect a ton of people to start using them. And Sumo posted on my profile telling me he was using it, and I didn't tell him to take it down.
Yeah, I agree that it wasn't your fault (I mentioned that later in my post).

We need some rude person to ask them to take them down :D

seriously.

I was joking for those who don't catch on well

EDIT: My new Profile pic matches my name so well :D

XACE-K

Smash Master
Stack Smash costumes. That's what our avi's should be.

And this is all you guys fault with the TL thing. Just sayin.

M.K

Level 55
Since I've been here, I think I've turned out 20 or so sprites. So I know I have been busy. Although, most of those were over Christmas break so I had plenty of free time.

The Dunspare+Raikou splice is good, I just don't like it. The coloring is good, the style is good, but I don't think they're compatible.

The Christmas Torterra is nice, but I feel like it is missing something. I compliment you on the detail you put into it, but the body feels sort of land by only being red. I don't know, I just feel as though you could do something there.

(Sorry about the criticism, but I think it is pointless to only complement somebody. Why not help them get better?)

Oh yeah, I call a Valentine's Day Pokemon. I jut don't know which one I want yet.
Yeah, thanks for the crit. I'm sorry you didn't think they were compatible, I obviously did and that is why I went for the fusion.
Christmas Torterra is what it is.
It is pointless to only compliment someone, but saying things like "I don't like it" and "feels sort of land" (I'm assuming you meant bland) are useless as well. Give me ways to fix it.

And even if you do, I still won't take your word. No offense, I have been spriting alot longer than you have.

Dunsparkou is really awesome. Christmas Terra....I don't really like it since it's no longer Christmas season.

Pretty good.

See Christmas Terra reason.
No offense, but that is a pretty stupid reason for not liking something. I can understand if you didn't like the colors, but you could at least judge it for what it IS instead of what you WANTED it to be.

Sorry everyone, I sound like a total **** head, I'm have a rough day. Ever have one of those days where nothing ever goes your way? Welcome to Meta-Kirby's January 13, 2008 =/ It's been rough.

*Sigh* Whatevs.

XACE-K

Smash Master
No offense, but that is a pretty stupid reason for not liking something. I can understand if you didn't like the colors, but you could at least judge it for what it IS instead of what you WANTED it to be.
I understand. It's just that, it would be better if you made it around Christmas time. Now, not so much. I like it, but the timing for it was off so that makes me not like it as much.

I have wierd taste for holiday stuff but that's another story.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I understand. It's just that, it would be better if you made it around Christmas time. Now, not so much. I like it, but the timing for it was off so that makes me not like it as much. .
That's my fault. I kinda requested it on the 24th i think so it was on the bottom of the list. I also said it wasn't a high priority sprite so i don't care if i got it on the 1st of July for all i care.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
For Pokemon :mad::mad: so you tell me that you play as Dawn? Although her short skirt can't get any shorter(any shorter i will call underpants....), I am not a "Samus-ist" personally i prefer your mo--*gets shot*
By Samus-ist I meant being against Samus. I misinterpreted what you said (albeit you were pretty general) as meaning favorite male video game character.

If I were calling you a sexist, I'd say "sexist". :p

By the way, I change my vote to Phoenix Wright characters.

M.K

Level 55
I understand. It's just that, it would be better if you made it around Christmas time. Now, not so much. I like it, but the timing for it was off so that makes me not like it as much.

I have wierd taste for holiday stuff but that's another story.
Nah, it's not your fault. It was actually made for a Christmas/Winter contest over at Serebii that started lonnngg before Christmas, and these are the finals.

Darkslash

Smash Master
By Samus-ist I meant being against Samus. I misinterpreted what you said (albeit you were pretty general) as meaning favorite male video game character.
Whats...this...feeling...I feel...like...the...need...to...face..palm.....FIRUS(does it like BISON!)

In other news a person showed up today at work with a big red hand like shape on his face. His comment "A chicken hit me"
Heh i knew that you meant anti samus...I just had to do the Falco "jerk-off" no hard feelings???

*I can't let you do that*

Ohh shi--

The facepalm stuff was joke

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Whats...this...feeling...I feel...like...the...need...to...face..palm.....FIRUS(does it like BISON!)

In other news a person showed up today at work with a big red hand like shape on his face. His comment "A chicken hit me"
Heh i knew that you meant anti samus...I just had to do the Falco "jerk-off" no hard feelings???

*I can't let you do that*

Ohh shi--

The facepalm stuff was joke
Heh, it's all good.

Also, Falco jokes aren't in. They never were.

Prepare yourse--*is shot repeatedly with a shotgun at close range*

M.K

Level 55
Heh, it's all good.

Also, Falco jokes aren't in. They never were.

Prepare yourse--*is shot repeatedly with a shotgun at close range*
And EVERY TIME I try to talk to him, HE NEVER LOOKS ME IN THE EYE like he did when we first met! Sometimes I think the only reason he keeps me around is to make these ****iNG TADPOLES WHICH WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO hey you wanna grab some dinner later?

NO!

OH MY GOD LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Usually I write internet meme vids off like *that* but this one is PRIIICEEELESS::::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M6AxNM3pa4&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div

Omg. Laughing so hard.

A_man13

Smash Master
And EVERY TIME I try to talk to him, HE NEVER LOOKS ME IN THE EYE like he did when we first met! Sometimes I think the only reason he keeps me around is to make these ****iNG TADPOLES WHICH WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO hey you wanna grab some dinner later?

NO!

OH MY GOD LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Usually I write internet meme vids off like *that* but this one is PRIIICEEELESS::::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M6AxNM3pa4&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div

Omg. Laughing so hard.

Cute, just cute.

I hate memes. They are funny when you don't expect them (I still want to bash out my parent's XM after the mix radio station played "Never gonna let you up"), but otherwise they are repeted all too often to the point where they aren't funny. Spinning them, however, is much more funny.

So I her you h8 swa-*gets bazooka'd*

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I still want to bash out my parent's XM after the mix radio station played "Never gonna let you up"
First of all, meme fail. It's "Never Gonna Give You Up", and the lyrics are "...never gonna let you down...", not up. :p

Second of all, call me crazy but I actually like that song. I have it on my iPod.

Third of all, I think every Tuesday from now on I'll have a random song of the week. Because I'm so obsessed with music and I feel like it spontaneously.

The first one -- Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.

The Breakfast Club and this song for the epic win.

A_man13

Smash Master
First of all, meme fail. It's "Never Gonna Give You Up", and the lyrics are "...never gonna let you down...", not up. :p

Second of all, call me crazy but I actually like that song. I have it on my iPod.

Third of all, I think every Tuesday from now on I'll have a random song of the week. Because I'm so obsessed with music and I feel like it spontaneously.

The first one -- Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.

The Breakfast Club and this song for the epic win.
I don't the lyrics too well. I don't like the song.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Your not crazy, I also like the song. One of my mates will RickRoll me and I'll be like "**** you got me" and then replay the video

Occasionallu at school my mates and I will just start singing "Never Gonna Give You Up" either just for teh lulz or to piss off someone who hates it. :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
sorry. That is what playing mario golf while posting does to you.
Haha, it's fine.

...But seriously, what did you mean? I'm not sure what you meant to put there.

Oh, and on the topic of needing an action verb, if you haven't seen this yet, do yourself a favor and do so. It's hilarious.

A_man13

Smash Master
I ment to say was that I like the song, but it's certainly not a best hit. Mostly since whenever I hear it I got scammed, dupped, rickrolled. I understand my grammer flaws, but since my brother was beating me and was getting mad due to me taking too long posting I couldn't catch it before I posted. Just for the grammer errors I beat him. :)

And that's funny. It's weired how we are laughing over grammer. Hopefully next isn't getting enjoyment over doing algebra (though, in the words of my teacher, they are just like little puzzles).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I ment to say was that I like the song, but it's certainly not a best hit. Mostly since whenever I hear it I got scammed, dupped, rickrolled. I understand my grammer flaws, but since my brother was beating me and was getting mad due to me taking too long posting I couldn't catch it before I posted. Just for the grammer errors I beat him. :)
Ah. I thought you were talking about my "song of the week". It's definitely understandable, I agree with you. It's not one of my favorite songs ever, but it's a pretty good song, and catchy enough.

And that's funny. It's weired how we are laughing over grammer. Hopefully next isn't getting enjoyment over doing algebra (though, in the words of my teacher, they are just like little puzzles).
Well, I actually sort of like grammar. It's annoying in some places (Who the hell came up with not ending a sentence with a preposition? As Winston Churchill once said, "This is the kind of English up with which I will not put." -- grammatically correct, but ******** sounding.) but I'm pretty big on it otherwise. I'm not really all that sure why, it just bugs me. I've gotten more used to it over time, since I see worse than just errors like that regularly, but I'm still pretty big on it. I probably wouldn't have pointed it out if I had been able to understand what you were trying to say, although it is a little bit funny.

And the day I get enjoyment out of Algebra...be afraid, for the apocalypse will be coming.

They are just like little puzzles. Except they're not fun, and once you get further on in Algebra it gets to the point where you're NEVER going to use it in life, and if you do, there'll be a calculator to do it for you. (I loathe math with a passion, if you can't tell.)

A_man13

Smash Master
Ah. I thought you were talking about my "song of the week". It's definitely understandable, I agree with you. It's not one of my favorite songs ever, but it's a pretty good song, and catchy enough.

Well, I actually sort of like grammar. It's annoying in some places (Who the hell came up with not ending a sentence with a preposition? As Winston Churchill once said, "This is the kind of English up with which I will not put." -- grammatically correct, but ******** sounding.) but I'm pretty big on it otherwise. I'm not really all that sure why, it just bugs me. I've gotten more used to it over time, since I see worse than just errors like that regularly, but I'm still pretty big on it. I probably wouldn't have pointed it out if I had been able to understand what you were trying to say, although it is a little bit funny.

And the day I get enjoyment out of Algebra...be afraid, for the apocalypse will be coming.

They are just like little puzzles. Except they're not fun, and once you get further on in Algebra it gets to the point where you're NEVER going to use it in life, and if you do, there'll be a calculator to do it for you. (I loathe math with a passion, if you can't tell.)
I'm nowhere near grammer savvy. I like using it, but my teachers never taught it to us well though they should have. Otherwise I'd be acing those standardized test problems that have 1 sentance that they change a miniscuel detail in each and expect you to know which one is correct.

I'm a math minded person, so I understand it better then english and stuff. I actually enjoy algebra since it's by far my strongest subject (I was at the 12 grade level in terms of comprehension and ability when I was tested a few years ago) and I don't think geometricly as well as algebraicly. Still not fun; you'll neve catch me finding what 4x^2-36 is in factor form just because I want to (2x-6 and 2x+6).

zrky

Smash Lol'd
oh come on guys don't post so much while im gone, im to lazy to read -_-

oh wel I have to go now.....

firus, why did you change your avi? did koarin convert you?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm nowhere near grammer savvy. I like using it, but my teachers never taught it to us well though they should have. Otherwise I'd be acing those standardized test problems that have 1 sentance that they change a miniscuel detail in each and expect you to know which one is correct.
No English teachers seem to these days. Now it's all about literature, poetry, short stories, etc. And finding the likely made-up "symbolism" in the texts. That's not only stupid and probably causing many authors to roll over in their graves, but completely useless in life unless you intend to be a writer. Not that reading into the symbolism would really necessarily help you to write it anyways.

I'm a math minded person, so I understand it better then english and stuff. I actually enjoy algebra since it's by far my strongest subject (I was at the 12 grade level in terms of comprehension and ability when I was tested a few years ago) and I don't think geometricly as well as algebraicly. Still not fun; you'll neve catch me finding what 4x^2-36 is in factor form just because I want to (2x-6 and 2x+6).
Meh, I always understood Math very well until it got into the useless, complicated crap that I'm never going to use. Not THAT well, but...yeah. I've always been more of an English/Science/Foreign Language person.

firus, why did you change your avi? did koarin convert you?
Well, the Toon Links are becoming used everywhere which sort of devalues them. Also, I really want to play Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations so I can face Godot, but I haven't beaten the first two (or even touched the second yet, since I still have to beat Rise From the Ashes on the first one), and I really need to save my money anyways.

Darkslash

Smash Master
No English teachers seem to these days. Now it's all about literature, poetry, short stories, etc. And finding the likely made-up "symbolism" in the texts. That's not only stupid and probably causing many authors to roll over in their graves, but completely useless in life unless you intend to be a writer. Not that reading into the symbolism would really necessarily help you to write it anyways.
Wait do most English Teachers sound bored of that stuff? Mine well he's so passionate about Mcbeth that he let us watch Polanski's version of McBeth. Blood, gore and Old ladies doing the unspeakable make it a big no no to school

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAR

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wait do most English Teachers sound bored of that stuff? Mine well he's so passionate about Mcbeth that he let us watch Polanski's version of McBeth. Blood, gore and Old ladies doing the unspeakable make it a big no no to school

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAR
No...my point was that those are the only things they teach and grammar gets basically ignored. At least from my knowledge.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Your exactly right all i learnt about grammar was the liitle they taught in primary school, so my grammars are not good. hehe I generally just guess what needs a comma or whatever by how it sounds when iI say it aloud.

Top Bottom